UK Pension.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

They don't send 'forms' to you if you live in the UK (beyond the initial claim form).

There is no correspondence or ongoing interaction between the DWP and UK based pensioners.

The DWP admits it doesn't have a current address for 40% of UK pension claimants, as it's not required.

Am I clear enough for you?

I have a box of medals, feel free to come and help yourself.

20 minutes ago, Surasak said:

I didn't mention 'Life Forms'? If you use a UK address when claiming your pension, ALL correspondence will be sent to that that address. If this takes a two week turn around for your family to send to you in Thailand, and you then return them to your family to post on, the length of time will start bells ringing. I do believe that is clear?

?

what correspondence needing a reply depending on continuing payments are you reffering to?

• Like 1

SOME ADVISE IF U HAVE A UK ADRESS AND BANK ACCOUNT USE THAT 

NOT SAY U ARE HERE 

AND IF THEY ASK SAY HOLIDAYS

OTHERWISE U WILL GET A UK FREEZ  PENSION REAMORE ABOUT THAT ON THERE SITE UK PENSIONS ABROAD PAYMENT

IF U WORKED ALL YOUR LIFE U WANT THE MAXIMUM 

THIS IS THE WAY BELEAVE ME

This is my personal view you will never be a permanent resident of Thailand just somewhere you stay on long holidays

As I'm trapped in the UK can't find a job at my age and now claiming universal credit and have been declared an habitual resident my missing two years NI is being filled and won't be telling anyone when the fast approaching time comes of my whereabouts on any given day  ???? 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Found this which is at least partly applicable... (I would like to find the wording that someone cannot commit fraud on their own pension)..

Benefits that cannot be reduced or stopped

The following benefits cannot be reduced or stopped if you commit benefit fraud:

• Attendance Allowance
  • Bereavement Support Payment
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Christmas Bonus
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Graduated Retirement Benefit
  • Guardian’s Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Constant Attendance Allowance (where a Disablement Pension is payable)
  • Industrial Injuries Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance (where a Disablement Pension is payable)
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • State Pension
  • Social Fund Payments
  • War Pension Constant Attendance Allowance
  • War Pension Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance
  • War Pension Mobility Supplement

https://www.gov.uk/benefit-fraud

Just returned    will take an hour or so trawling     Ill look it up again,but its all boring stuff

Does not mean they cannot fine you though does it? They always said it would cost too much at about 500 mil a year to update abroad pensions, look at them now spending money like it's going out of fashion. Billions forked out over an illness putting the UK in debt for decades.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

No you do not need a proof of life if you have a UK address,by the way i posted a long time ago on the other pensions thread that on reading all this that i checked to see if there were any pensioners that had been prosecuted ,sorry but i could not find even one ,dont know why ,but i was interested after reading all the posts ,also i did know a guy who came out here living on the social and staying months on end ,someone grassed him up ,well i do know he was not prosecuted ,but he did lose some of his benifits after an interview . just my little contribution .????

Yeah again I dunno IPC & DWP knew I was here in Thailand, as I have said already when my UK pension started I was happy being frozen doesn't bother me. 

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah again I dunno IPC & DWP knew I was here in Thailand, as I have said already when my UK pension started I was happy being frozen doesn't bother me. 

Seems it does,why the repeated statements from you then? bit of jealousy perhaps   Ive got it,you ain't

Only sanctionable benefits can be reduced or stopped. Some benefits are not sanctioned but instead called disqualifying benefits.

These include but are not limited to:

• Retirement Pension
  • Attendance Allowance

If fraud is committed against one of these benefits it may lead to a penalty against a benefit which can be sanctioned.

Still looking. basically what this says ,if you claim another benefit that may be adjusted....but this gets interesting..the over 65 disability living allowance treated as non-sanctionable too

Fill yer boots  lol

• Like 1
12 hours ago, izod10 said:

Seems it does,why the repeated statements from you then? bit of jealousy perhaps   Ive got it,you ain't

Only sanctionable benefits can be reduced or stopped. Some benefits are not sanctioned but instead called disqualifying benefits.

These include but are not limited to:

• Retirement Pension
  • Attendance Allowance

If fraud is committed against one of these benefits it may lead to a penalty against a benefit which can be sanctioned.

Still looking. basically what this says ,if you claim another benefit that may be adjusted....but this gets interesting..the over 65 disability living allowance treated as non-sanctionable too

Fill yer boots  lol

You are conflating and in my opinion on purpose  the different penalties available, 

The DWP does not impose a penalty of sanction on the state pension.

The DWP can impose a fine and repayment of overpayment.

The Social Security 1988 overpayment act regulation 15 allows a charge against State Pension.

The pension benefit entitlement is not being reduced or stopped as would be the case involving a benefit sanction.  Benefit sanction is a penalty and not a means of repayment.

34 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

You are conflating and in my opinion on purpose  the different penalties available, 

The DWP does not impose a penalty of sanction on the state pension.

The DWP can impose a fine and repayment of overpayment.

The Social Security 1988 overpayment act regulation 15 allows a charge against State Pension.

The pension benefit entitlement is not being reduced or stopped as would be the case involving a benefit sanction.  Benefit sanction is a penalty and not a means of repayment.

On purpose ?never. Never been implemented,never will.   Now you go all out to point out the available whatever s to any and all received benefits. not the case ,it visibly states re: non-sanctionable,anyway ,thank you for your imput

however you could help me here with your infinite knowledge.The guy asking about a pensioner not held liable for  OAP fraud (well I guess he could if his wife's/friends package were being abused)   Its pure headache stuff searching.

There was only one item I would have highlighted,as I know the constant stream of copy and paste data flowing to IPC HQ from these very pages.   Now there is a quote from DWP that "all alleged allegations of benefit fraud will NOT be investigated"    Now that should save some appreciable bandwidth

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, izod10 said:

On purpose ?never. Never been implemented,never will.   Now you go all out to point out the available whatever s to any and all received benefits. not the case ,it visibly states re: non-sanctionable,anyway ,thank you for your imput

however you could help me here with your infinite knowledge.The guy asking about a pensioner not held liable for  OAP fraud (well I guess he could if his wife's/friends package were being abused)   Its pure headache stuff searching.

There was only one item I would have highlighted,as I know the constant stream of copy and paste data flowing to IPC HQ from these very pages.   Now there is a quote from DWP that "all alleged allegations of benefit fraud will NOT be investigated"    Now that should save some appreciable bandwidth

It is clear in the social security administration act section 71 that deductions from state pension can be made for overpayments.

Now I have provided 2 pieces of UK law that show deductions from state pension are lawfully and permitted.

3 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

It is clear in the social security administration act section 71 that deductions from state pension can be made for overpayments.

Now I have provided 2 pieces of UK law that show deductions from state pension are lawfully and permitted.

Yeah right, pigs can fly and fart too

On 7/11/2020 at 2:39 AM, possum1931 said:

There is no punishment if you are caught, but that only applies to the state pension, not to any pension credits.

The punishment of repaying the benefit and a £50 fine was documented in a recent thread with a copy of the correspondence detailing this supplied as proof.  Maybe the pinned UK pension thread at the top of the page.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, treetops said:

The punishment of repaying the benefit and a £50 fine was documented in a recent thread with a copy of the correspondence detailing this supplied as proof.  Maybe the pinned UK pension thread at the top of the page.

Erm no it wasn't   not in the fashion supposed to be ,not that you would know absolutely anything anyway.  There was more to the substance of that letter ,anyway keep on,blind leading the absolute blind

To a pm enquiry (not me) the guy did not know what he was about,the DM did not know either,yes pin it by all means  but a statement accompanying it also. Plus it was a volunteered admission. how err bad can things get?

Edited by izod10
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Erm no it wasn't   not in the fashion supposed to be ,not that you would know anything anyway.  There was more to the substance of that letter ,anyway keep on,blind leading the absolute blind

Can you show us "the fashion supposed to be" so I'm not misled again?  It seemed convincing enough to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, treetops said:

Can you show us "the fashion supposed to be" so I'm not misled again?  It seemed convincing enough to me.

To you then,its OK,not misleading.  If the third party wants to join in regarding PM please do.

for a volunteered statement from a guy who did or does not know his way around the block..the way to go

no more conversation from you especially

13 minutes ago, izod10 said:

To you then,its OK,not misleading.  If the third party wants to join in regarding PM please do.

for a volunteered statement from a guy who did or does not know his way around the block..the way to go

With regards penalties

www.gov.uk/government/publications/penalties-for-social-security-fraud-and-error/penalties-policy-in-respect-of-social-security-fraud-and-error

1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

With regards penalties

www.gov.uk/government/publications/penalties-for-social-security-fraud-and-error/penalties-policy-in-respect-of-social-security-fraud-and-error

I do believe there was an admitted error on earlier submission,hope the guy got his money back OK     Thanks for ackowledgement

2 hours ago, izod10 said:

Not sure what that means, but you quoted me asking for "the fashion supposed to be" so can you supply it or not?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, treetops said:

Are you sure that was the UK "state" pension? It has been well documented that there has been no prosecutions for this.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, treetops said:

Not sure what that means, but you quoted me asking for "the fashion supposed to be" so can you supply it or not?

Now without this thread dissolving into a league of fantasy,and fantastic theories as to punishments available for the unfrozen,I would point out that they are published here in this thread,or if expanded would be revealed,nothing like in a supposed official letter,fact is its a load of trash

I see the recipient of letter lurking,not adding to its authenticity,up to him.  I could indeed re-jig that letter to let it read anyway I want

I am happy in my unfrozen skin ,really,others decidedly not,there that is finished.   I'm getting it ,you are not  

told you personally not dealing with the likes of you,decidedly know nothing,and yes I do know further details on this subject that as you will be ignorant of

Finished

Edited by izod10

A few members have indicated within this thread that there is no way that the Department of Works and Pensions (DWP) is going to know if you are living outside the UK unless you voluntarily inform them.  Sorry but if you think that is correct, you are, or have been, ill informed.

Firstly, the UK Audit Office frequently does a data matching exercise to detect fraud.  They have the legal powers to obtain data from a variety of sources including Inland Revenue, DWP, HM Passport Office, UK Boarder Force, Local Authorities, Credit Reference Agencies to name but a few.

It is surprising what they can detect and the DWP is one of the main beneficiaries of these exercises.

Secondly, if you are living in Thailand and need to renew, or have renewed, your passport I suggest that you read the information contained on page 20 (Other Information) of the Passport Renewal Guidance Notes.  This clearly forewarns you that they (HMPO) may pass the information you give them to other government departments for the purpose of preventing fraud.  This is reinforced in their (HMPO) Privacy Information Notice (as per the General Data Protection Regulations) which gives details of who they may share your information with and for what purposes.

Also, ever wondered why they (VFS/HMPO) ask you for a colour copy of every page of your passport (including any unused pages) when you renew via VFS in Bangkok, and not when you renew your passport in the UK?  Remember all those lovely Thai visas and Immigration extension of permission to stay stamps?  Oh, and don’t forget that a quick check with UK Boarder Force will confirm all of your UK entries/exits and show how long you have been outside the UK for.

The big question of course is…. Will DWP act on such information?  Sorry, but I don't propose to get involved in that side of the argument.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

All airlines have to keep a Passenger Name Record. PNR.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36035698

UK airports keep PNR.

The Gov. can track your travel history quite easily if they want to! 

They don't unless an alarm bell rings, it's not worth their while to recover a few measly pounds gained fraudulently.

They have a benefits fraud hotline for those that want to try and 'dob in' these dastardly criminals!

I've been out of the UK for over 12 years, returned for 2 weeks only. State pension fully paid up but not due until I'm 66.

No UK address or contacts, except a current bank account.

I don't think I'll have an option to commit fraud even if I wanted to!  ????

Why does every thread on UK pensions get sidetracked by the '' you can be prosecuted'' oh ''no you can't'' brigade, some of us that are affected by Uk State pension or will be, want to hear facts about the actual pension, how to claim, what is required, how much will i get, can i top up my contributions etc etc. not the constant dribble from the above brigade, we have read it all before, please oh please give it a rest

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Are you sure that was the UK "state" pension? It has been well documented that there has been no prosecutions for this.

Not a prosecution but a voluntary admission of wrongdoing to the pensions body and a subsequent financial penalty by them.  Not court related.

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

Why does every thread on UK pensions get sidetracked by the '' you can be prosecuted'' oh ''no you can't'' brigade, some of us that are affected by Uk State pension or will be, want to hear facts about the actual pension, how to claim, what is required, how much will i get, can i top up my contributions etc etc. not the constant dribble from the above brigade, we have read it all before, please oh please give it a rest

It is a chat forum ol' chap, and I would have thought all facts regarding the UK pension and LOS were relevant..............????......................????