UK Pension.

Just now, transam said:

It is a chat forum ol' chap, and I would have thought all facts regarding the UK pension and LOS were relevant..............????......................????

yes but its repeated time and time again, and to get the true fact one has to scroll through post after post of posters trying to get the better of another poster or rekindle old differences

3 minutes ago, treetops said:

Not a prosecution but a voluntary admission of wrongdoing to the pensions body and a subsequent financial penalty by them.  Not court related.

Yes that's right, I know who that was, and the circumstances behind it, we had been PMing each other.

1 minute ago, steve187 said:

yes but its repeated time and time again, and to get the true fact one has to scroll through post after post of posters trying to get the better of another poster or rekindle old differences

Isn't that the nature of a forum regarding any subject......????

13 hours ago, 007 RED said:

A few members have indicated within this thread that there is no way that the Department of Works and Pensions (DWP) is going to know if you are living outside the UK unless you voluntarily inform them.  Sorry but if you think that is correct, you are, or have been, ill informed.

Firstly, the UK Audit Office frequently does a data matching exercise to detect fraud.  They have the legal powers to obtain data from a variety of sources including Inland Revenue, DWP, HM Passport Office, UK Boarder Force, Local Authorities, Credit Reference Agencies to name but a few.

It is surprising what they can detect and the DWP is one of the main beneficiaries of these exercises.

Secondly, if you are living in Thailand and need to renew, or have renewed, your passport I suggest that you read the information contained on page 20 (Other Information) of the Passport Renewal Guidance Notes.  This clearly forewarns you that they (HMPO) may pass the information you give them to other government departments for the purpose of preventing fraud.  This is reinforced in their (HMPO) Privacy Information Notice (as per the General Data Protection Regulations) which gives details of who they may share your information with and for what purposes.

Also, ever wondered why they (VFS/HMPO) ask you for a colour copy of every page of your passport (including any unused pages) when you renew via VFS in Bangkok, and not when you renew your passport in the UK?  Remember all those lovely Thai visas and Immigration extension of permission to stay stamps?  Oh, and don’t forget that a quick check with UK Boarder Force will confirm all of your UK entries/exits and show how long you have been outside the UK for.

The big question of course is…. Will DWP act on such information?  Sorry, but I don't propose to get involved in that side of the argument.

You are right to a certain extent but I don't think it goes as far as you suggest.

I renewed my passport in Thailand and have renewed my driving licence by post to avoid any reference to my passport. This year of course that became a problem and I had to do it online and they took the photo from my passport. I couldn't really delay it any longer as I also had to notify change of address which was already over 6 months. The renewal notice would have gone to the old address and probably returned to DVLA.

The surprising thing was that although there was a notice about delays due to covid, the licence arrived at my son's 3 days after the application.

Edited by sandyf
7 hours ago, sandyf said:

You are right to a certain extent but I don't think it goes as far as you suggest.

I renewed my passport in Thailand and have renewed my driving licence by post to avoid any reference to my passport. This year of course that became a problem and I had to do it online and they took the photo from my passport. I couldn't really delay it any longer as I also had to notify change of address which was already over 6 months. The renewal notice would have gone to the old address and probably returned to DVLA.

The surprising thing was that although there was a notice about delays due to covid, the licence arrived at my son's 3 days after the application.

Basically they could not give a toss. Done all the above,DVLA will automatically pick up any CoA ,print it onto new licence,same as passport,but kept to UK address

On 7/12/2020 at 10:53 AM, izod10 said:

Erm no it wasn't   not in the fashion supposed to be ,not that you would know absolutely anything anyway.  There was more to the substance of that letter ,anyway keep on,blind leading the absolute blind

To a pm enquiry (not me) the guy did not know what he was about,the DM did not know either,yes pin it by all means  but a statement accompanying it also. Plus it was a volunteered admission. how err bad can things get?

Here you are guys, make up your own mind but please don't listen to the "know alls", they actually know ????

DWP PM.PNG

DWP PM 1.PNG

DWP PM 2.PNG

DWP PM 3.PNG

34 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Here you are guys, make up your own mind but please don't listen to the "know alls", they actually know ????

DWP PM.PNG

DWP PM 1.PNG

DWP PM 2.PNG

DWP PM 3.PNG

The above advances nothing.

The question is not about fair minded person or breaking DWP rules.

The rules are laid down in Statuary law.

The only question arises if the overpament was as a result of DWP error. Failing to disclose material facts which affect benefit entitlement is not DWP error.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cleopatra2 said:

The above advances nothing.

The question is not about fair minded person or breaking DWP rules.

The rules are laid down in Statuary law.

The only question arises if the overpament was as a result of DWP error. Failing to disclose material facts which affect benefit entitlement is not DWP error.

I can confirm that the overpayment was not as a result of DWP error but my error in not informing them i was not resident in the UK at the time of drawing my pension but Thailand and i believe the correspondence i received which was copied into the previous thread fully explains their position in claiming back the overpayments and imposing a fine/punishment.

Do i really have to re-copy their correspondence to me for all the know alls ?

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I can confirm that the overpayment was not as a result of DWP error but my error in not informing them i was not resident in the UK at the time of drawing my pension but Thailand and i believe the correspondence i received which was copied into the previous thread fully explains their position in claiming back the overpayments and imposing a fine/punishment.

That's what happened to my chum.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

I do not dispute what you state.

The overpayments are subject to civil procedure as opposed to criminal.

Any appeal against the decision  makers is made to the first tier tribunal.

The right to issue a civil penalty and deductions from benefit are in various Social Security acts.

Im disputing what you say though and the rest of the dribble you produce.Not to generalise,but item specific,namely the State Pension is one of three known as a "disqualifying benefit"  As read below

Offences against certain DWP benefits trigger the application of benefit sanctions (these are called disqualifying benefits). A disqualifying benefit will only be affected if it is also a sanctionable benefit, but where a benefit offence is committed against a disqualifying benefit, any sanctionable benefits to which the person is entitled would be sanctioned. 17. If a sanctionable benefit is not an income-related benefit for example  blah blah blah

In essence cannot be reduced,set aside,penalty inflicted,excepting other sanctionable benefits the recipient is in receipt of  End of

17 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

It also happened to a friend of a friend of mine, he'd been here for years and years when they finally caught up with him living in the boondocks of Isaan, i don't know the exact details but he owed them a considerable sum of money which he had to repay monthly by way of a reduction in his pension.

Just for the avoidance of doubt guys they don't ask your permission to reduce your pension to repay overpayments and a fine/punishment they just inform you of what they are going to do and state they have the right to take such action.

Is this right? I mean is it correct ?    There is someone else just on the same theme on this page too that"knows someone" and has joined the discussion,seems odd

Now lets see"the avoidance of doubt" you mean the State Pension of course,yes he "owed a considerable sum"(now this is oft repeated word for word by another poster on this page too),so he had to "repay monthly by reduction of his pension" Now, this of course would not be Pension Credit?   of course not!

No "they don't ask your permission to reduce your pension" because there is no recourse to take that particular action,never has either

Now" The Letter"  LOL  I have downloaded it,sent it to various parties,even the DWP by third party ,awaiting response,but first impressions are the DM fell out of his/her chair laughing and hit the wrong button,not only asking for a freeze,but a backdated one at that    duh  The letter itself smells to high heaven of fakery,perhaps someone has been a naughty boy ,knowing the subject matter so well,re-hashed it and sent it on   someone who has arrived in Thailand no less  lol  with so much money that they could not be "asked" to challenge it

19 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Would not be a bad idea  LOL

19 hours ago, transam said:

That's what happened to my chum.....

Would it be the same as person  quoted #100

22 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Would not be a bad idea  LOL

Would it be the same as person  quoted #100

Here ya go, i'm getting a tad tired of you accusing me of being a liar and fabricator of false information, i expect an apology by return and for our esteemed moderators to take action against "KNOW ALL NO 1"

You are WRONG, here's all the evidence you need, please feel free to contact Pauline Irwin Pensions officer.

NB - I trust it was ok with you for me to erase my personal info, you never quite know who you're dealing with on forums, ya get all sorts ehh lmao

IMG_20200715_0001.pdf

IMG_20200715_0002.pdf

IMG_20200715_0004.pdf

IMG_20200715_0003.pdf

IMG_20200715_0005.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Here ya go, i'm getting a tad tired of you accusing me of being a liar and fabricator of false information, i expect an apology by return and for our esteemed moderators to take action against "KNOW ALL NO 1"

You are WRONG, here's all the evidence you need, please feel free to contact Pauline Irwin Pensions officer.

NB - I trust it was ok with you for me to erase my personal info, you never quite know who you're dealing with on forums, ya get all sorts ehh lmao

IMG_20200715_0001.pdf 853.73 kB · 2 downloads

IMG_20200715_0002.pdf 824.06 kB · 1 download

IMG_20200715_0004.pdf 638.6 kB · 1 download

IMG_20200715_0003.pdf 521.77 kB · 1 download

IMG_20200715_0005.pdf 960.11 kB · 1 download

Agreed, the bloke has provided no evidence to his continuous "You can break the law" stuff, nothing. ????

• Like 1
Just now, transam said:

Agreed, the bloke has provided no evidence to his continuous "You can break the law" stuff, nothing. ????

Ah! the deadly duo

Rules/regulations are set down,they follow a pattern,they have to,legislation is what is about

Now it has been pointed out the procedures of State Pension,the "supposed " letters above do not adhere to anything that is set down,I presume the letters have been hacked to pieces,rejoined to suit

Im awaiting response myself,if its forthcoming The individual concerned sounded more like a minder than anything else.  The is no way a letter from DWP would invoke such a response,no action would come close to what was written

However "break the law"comment is quite,quite uncalled for,as no law is being broken..nothing

3 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Ah! the deadly duo

Rules/regulations are set down,they follow a pattern,they have to,legislation is what is about

Now it has been pointed out the procedures of State Pension,the "supposed " letters above do not adhere to anything that is set down,I presume the letters have been hacked to pieces,rejoined to suit

Im awaiting response myself,if its forthcoming The individual concerned sounded more like a minder than anything else.  The is no way a letter from DWP would invoke such a response,no action would come close to what was written

However "break the law"comment is quite,quite uncalled for,as no law is being broken..nothing

Did you come back to a member of staff HERE who's friend got taken down for claiming he didn't live in LOS, did you...?

Oh well, never mind....:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 7/13/2020 at 4:22 PM, izod10 said:

Basically they could not give a toss. Done all the above,DVLA will automatically pick up any CoA ,print it onto new licence,same as passport,but kept to UK address

You would have to explain how the DVLA can automatically pick up change of address.

42 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You would have to explain how the DVLA can automatically pick up change of address.

Whatever address you would be using before licence renew,   that would be licence with old address on it.  I was amazed,not asked for new address just automatically issued with it

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Spock.PNG

please feel free to contact Pauline Irwin Pensions officer.

That maybe a good idea,however I have stated whoever it is sounds more like a minder,however please supply the district the individual is based

Thank you

35 minutes ago, izod10 said:

That maybe a good idea,however I have stated whoever it is sounds more like a minder,however please supply the district the individual is based

Thank you

Please answer my post #111..........

40 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Thank you

Ah! I see,a extraordinary procedure has taken place,not normally practised,but it did indeed exonerate you soul

The letter is a fake,in as much it could never be produced in the framework of DWP guidelines.  A person with "issues"could be helped at local unofficial level to placate that same individual

But still an absolute bombshell to the frozen pensioners who for years have been under the impression that punishments,draconian ones were there to check the unfrozen,when there were none ,no stoppage of pension,no payback The updated DWP website indeed spells it out in clarity Thousand upon thousands of pounds needlessly wasted

Few brickbats along the way lol , who cares? but who is laughing now   lol

Edited by izod10