UK Pension.

On 7/16/2020 at 9:31 AM, stupidfarang said:

Keep quite, that way you get the yearly increase. Do not tell anyone! Many expats do this.

May as well get my two pennorth in for what it's worth in this discussion, i did not tell the DWP i had moved to Thailand and got the usual increase in April, i used to check my UK bank every month to make sure pension had been paid in, about 9 months later i found my pension had been stopped they had found out i had moved to Thailand i don't know how only presumed people in my old address in UK had returned mail, they were very nice (if that's possible) asking for my new address telling me my pension would be frozen and dropped my pension back to what it was before the above mention increase, they did not take back any of the over payments at all, needless to say i check the bank every week now!

• Like 2
On 7/20/2020 at 11:27 AM, maxcorrigan said:

May as well get my two pennorth in for what it's worth in this discussion, i did not tell the DWP i had moved to Thailand and got the usual increase in April, i used to check my UK bank every month to make sure pension had been paid in, about 9 months later i found my pension had been stopped they had found out i had moved to Thailand i don't know how only presumed people in my old address in UK had returned mail, they were very nice (if that's possible) asking for my new address telling me my pension would be frozen and dropped my pension back to what it was before the above mention increase, they did not take back any of the over payments at all, needless to say i check the bank every week now!

How refreshing to see how things actually work. For my 10 bobs worth what you experienced is exactly what others have gone through,no punishments,no pack drill.  Listening to the idiots here who voluntarily gave up their OAP entitlement ,voluntarily mind, is absurd,now reduced to living on a diet of sunshine,breakfast dinner and tea.

It took only 3 posts from the time this thread was started to get the frozen pit dwellers buzzing couldn't sleep,"MI5 /6/7 and whoever on the case,c.rap the lot of it,some have been utterly hilarious "arrested on arrival at UK airport""crying in court to get OAP restored"  just who the hell makes this rubbish up,and actually believes it?

Anyway they have made their own beds,get on with it ,do not try and influence others

Easy to get caught out though, the DWP goes on a fishing trip twice a year,one to inform of % increase ,the second the actual amount to be received, have one of those letters returned sets the wheels in motion,but only as much as you want to tell

Good luck anyway,after a bit "move back to UK"  you paid for that pension

• Haha 1

I spent many years working here with one company.     At first on a 3 month basis as it was easier for all concerned ( I actually stayed 10 years ) then switched to one year contracts.
When first starting I paid no Thai taxes etc, once on full contract because of my income I was paying 35% to the Thai govt.    No free hospital care etc.    Now retired I use local govt hospitals at Thai prices.

Yes, I had to go through all the palarva of proving for the DWP / DHS I was still alive, then they decided I didn't live in UK and stopped yearly pension increases, as small as they were.

Perhaps in all fairness I have worked much of my life in other countries, often not through choice.

Also, correct me if I am wrong but should one ever return to the UK to live out their remaining years then we are not entitled to free health care for 3 months.

On 7/20/2020 at 2:55 AM, izod10 said:

This "letter" you provided ,officially from the DWP (?)  is just a glorified receipt from a payment you apparently made without cause,prompting or threatening for a period approximately 3 years ago,totally unknown (to them) why such an admission was made(but of course you and a.n. other know why)

You did admit it was their "dosh" but so was the other state benefits you were receiving,housing ,sickness etc etc etc,so did your admissions cover that too?seems an expensive admission ,around 245 pounds for a official receipt

Seems likened to a scene from The Adams Family, but on tour,   

still in contact....

On 7/15/2020 at 2:35 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Here ya go, i'm getting a tad tired of you accusing me of being a liar and fabricator of false information, i expect an apology by return and for our esteemed moderators to take action against "KNOW ALL NO 1"

You are WRONG, here's all the evidence you need, please feel free to contact Pauline Irwin Pensions officer

Edited by izod10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1