Jump to content
BANGKOK
glegolo

Prostate medicines

Recommended Posts

I have an older thread that I can not find anymore. But I do have an question (Hopefully Sheryl also read this)..

 

I do have this medicines since early february, and still taking them... The doctor prescribed me this medication though much expensier ones, for the whole year up to february 2021. But I suspect that was merely done in order to earn some huge money from me for these heavy expensive medicine that he did prescribe... I have since then replced these expensive ones with the following replacement;

 

Doxazosin 4 mg (DOZA-4)   = 2 baht/pcs  
Finastetide 5 mg (Harifin-5) = 1 tablett a day a 20 baht each....
 
My question is about this. I am doing fine now, my PSAwent down to nothing and my enlarged prostate dosn´t bother me any much any more.. Peeing is OK for me..... So.....
 
a - Can I stop taking some medicines of these 2, or shall I keep one, and dump the other one???  
b - How long shall I continue??
 
I am very grateful for your input about this....
glegolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was taking Doxadosin for about a year, but one of the side effect is rhinitis ie a stuffy nose, Not being able to breathe clearly was worse than getting up for a pee in the night. I stopped taking it and now clear nose and the occasional pee, depending on how much Tappers I have drunk. Doxadosin also help lower blood pressure, but as I take Amlodepine it makes very little difference.

Edited by stouricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stouricks said:

I was taking Doxadosin for about a year, but one of the side effect is rhinitis ie a stuffy nose, Not being able to breathe clearly was worse than getting up for a pee in the night. I stopped taking it and now clear nose and the occasional pee, depending on how much Tappers I have drunk. Doxadosin also help lower blood pressure, but as I take Amlodepine it makes very little difference.

Thnks for telllig me about your stuff, I do really appreciate it.... Hoping now that maybe I can get an answer to my 2 questions as well...

 

glegolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always ask for several opinions at different doctors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 8:44 AM, glegolo said:
Doxazosin 4 mg (DOZA-4)   = 2 baht/pcs  
Finastetide 5 mg (Harifin-5) = 1 tablett a day a 20 baht each....
 
My question is about this. I am doing fine now, my PSAwent down to nothing and my enlarged prostate dosn´t bother me any much any more.. Peeing is OK for me..... So.....
 

I'm in the same situation for the past 18 months, but taking 6mg of Dox.

I reduced the Finasteride to every other day (not sure this drug has any beneficial effect).

Reducing the Dox to 5mg means I can't wee again after 3-4 days (I try this every 2-3 months).

 

You take these drugs for life ....... or until you get your prostate surgically altered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

These drugs are normally taken for life. The symptoms will return if you stop them.

Great Sheryl than I know.. I will continue and this for 2 main reasons, I am thinking what other posters also have posted;

 

a - I like it to be like it is now with peeing

b - Change any lifestyle, I do not believe that it is applicable for me. OK Bycycling contribute

     probably to my enlarged prostate, but it is giving me a great well-being and strength for my           age.... AND on top of this, I can with good conscience also say that I am not drinking alcohol           any much, and I do NOT drink beer at all. So I am just fine there....

 

So I continue with the medicines, and I thank all of you guys that have tried to help me out here.. I am happy how it turned out, from being worried nearly to death when I got that result of 14,6 in PSA till 1,1 now....

 

thanks

glegolo

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF you had prostatitis rather than (or in addition to) an enlarged prostate then with the resolution of the infection and inflammation it is possible the prostate size has come down, that would be a bit different from the situation of someone who takes these medications due to benign prostatic enlragement.

 

On manual exam, is your prostate enlarged?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, glegolo said:

b - Change any lifestyle, I do not believe that it is applicable for me. OK Bycycling contribute

     probably to my enlarged prostate, but it is giving me a great well-being and strength for my           age.... AND on top of this, I can with good conscience also say that I am not drinking alcohol           any much, and I do NOT drink beer at all. So I am just fine there....

I purchased an 'Adamo' seat for my bicycle, not expensive from Lazada @ 400bht.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/prologue-adamo-bike-saddles-seat-cycling-saddle-with-round-rail-ism-seat-parts-i601784057-s1132930560.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

IF you had prostatitis rather than (or in addition to) an enlarged prostate then with the resolution of the infection and inflammation it is possible the prostate size has come down, that would be a bit different from the situation of someone who takes these medications due to benign prostatic enlragement.

 

On manual exam, is your prostate enlarged?

I have always had normal  prostate in younger days.... and with more and more frequent exercise bicycling,, my peeing have been more and more difficult.... It ended with me going to the doctor as described before in this thread, and I had a bad high PSA, I had inflammation (infection?) dont know the difference, down there...

 

I stopped bicycling for a month started this medication, and prostate went down to much smaller size, PSA went down to 1,1 and infection were gone, and I am quite normal. OK no spring-creek.-peeing, but normal for an old guy like me, I think.

 

So it feels like prostate is down to better, size but not down to a normal small one.... That is all I know for now Sheryl. So that was my question, if I dare to stop one or both of the medicines or maybe just go on with them, I dont mind, because they make me feel good and sleep good at night without interuptions..

 

Glegolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

THAT sounds like a good idea, will check it up, if it is any better than the soft one I am riding on since a couple of years. Thank you so much for the tip...

 

glegolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I have always had normal  prostate in younger days.... and with more and more frequent exercise bicycling,, my peeing have been more and more difficult.... It ended with me going to the doctor as described before in this thread, and I had a bad high PSA, I had inflammation (infection?) dont know the difference, down there...

 

I stopped bicycling for a month started this medication, and prostate went down to much smaller size, PSA went down to 1,1 and infection were gone, and I am quite normal. OK no spring-creek.-peeing, but normal for an old guy like me, I think.

 

So it feels like prostate is down to better, size but not down to a normal small one.... That is all I know for now Sheryl. So that was my question, if I dare to stop one or both of the medicines or maybe just go on with them, I dont mind, because they make me feel good and sleep good at night without interuptions..

 

Glegolo

 

As it is not clear to what extent your symptoms were due to prostatic enlargement vs inflammation I suggest you discuss with your urologist.

 

Prostatits is a temporary condition that does go away, unlike age related enlargment of the prostate.

 

If you prefer to try on your own, you can but it may lead to return of symptoms that will then take a while to subside. If you decide on this course, stop the doxazosin not the finasteride. Finaseteride actually reduces the volume of the prostate whereas dox just gives a symptomatic improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

 

As it is not clear to what extent your symptoms were due to prostatic enlargement vs inflammation I suggest you discuss with your urologist.

 

Prostatits is a temporary condition that does go away, unlike age related enlargment of the prostate.

 

If you prefer to try on your own, you can but it may lead to return of symptoms that will then take a while to subside. If you decide on this course, stop the doxazosin not the finasteride. Finaseteride actually reduces the volume of the prostate whereas dox just gives a symptomatic improvement.

Thank you so much Sheryl..... I do really appreciate the efforts you put into this by helping me.

 

glegolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here's a health tip that might sound pretty good to many guys: Have more sex, or masturbate more, and you might lower your odds of getting prostate cancer. Research suggests that the more often men ejaculate, the less likely they are to have the disease.

 

 

The above is from a Webmd report.

My experience is dehydration and sitting can raise PSA and cause difficulty urinating. I went on a week motorbike trip a few years back and could hardly <deleted> by the last day. I get a PSA every 3 months as my father had P cancer.

But, the best medicine I have found is frequent ejaculation.  I ejaculate everyday, sometimes twice.  Just sayin it seems to work well for me not only for Prostate but for stress and sleep difficulties. 

Last PSA was 1.4.

 

 

Edited by bkk6060

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...