Immigration confirm Muang Thong Thani office to reopen amid speculation visa amnesty will not be extended

1 minute ago, david555 said:

I understand , 

but I think the amnesty is given to fly out TH. to the safe haven they call home country asthose never reject ...on condition to reach there …(!) any other destinations very risky this times  as all can change by day , so I also cancelled my planned home country trip to play safe , as also my renew ret. ext is imminent  end August /September  I chose for safety and stayed Thailand 

Yeah, problem is I have not really lived in my safe haven home country of the US for 22 years. I also chose for safety and stayed here.

Was trying to get to Taiwan on March 18 when the borders closed, but EVA didn't know the regulation when i called them and they put me on a flight 2 hours late for me to enter Taiwan. If I would have known things properly I would have dropped everything, run straight to the airport and paid any amount to get on any flight to Taiwan. Problem was I was in the process of packing up all my belongings to put into storage the day it happened as I was leaving Thailand permanently and couldn't think straight. March 18th 2020 seems like it will go down as the most disastrous day of my life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

more speculation, if they don't want to do another amnesty they will annonce it, people need to chill

1. everybody are forced to come down to immigration to ask for an extension or whatever available, regardless if you can or cannot obtain one, even people that already use up their extension, immagine the people rush down there to get what ever they can

2. if i tell them i have no flight out regardless of whatever you people think have or don't have, everybody are in different situation, no two are alike, your words have or don't have really don't matter, only when you sit in front of an immigration officer telling him that you don't have flight out, there's no way i can go anywhere, what will the officer do then ????

3. by no amnesty or clear direction i can tell you with 100% sure there will be plenty of overstay, people will overstay until they figure out wht to do, money is always the problem.

4. border might open on the 1 august who knows, 1 day overstay and do a border run more speculation

• Like 1

Just now, vermin on arrival said:

Yeah, problem is I have not really lived in my safe haven home country of the US for 22 years. I also chose for safety and stayed here.

Was trying to get to Taiwan on March 18 when the borders closed, but EVA didn't know the regulation when i called them and they put me on a flight 2 hours late for me to enter Taiwan. If I would have known things properly I would have dropped everything, run straight to the airport and paid any amount to get on any flight to Taiwan. Problem was I was in the process of packing up all my belongings to put into storage the day it happened as I was leaving Thailand permanently and couldn't think straight. March 18th 2020 seems like it will go down as the most disastrous day of my life.

Leaving Thailand permanently and putting all in a storage looks (on first sight..) expensive and useless as costs keep existing to store things …..unless some can take care or buy the whatever ...

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

Leaving Thailand permanently and putting all in a storage looks (on first sight..) expensive and useless as costs keep existing to store things …..unless some can take care or buy the whatever ...

They were being put into my friend's house who was buying my flat from my landlord so not useless or expensive (free). I would have then had a long time (years) to decide what to do with them as I would have been slowly moving a lot out to either Taiwan or maybe much of it to Laos since in late 2019 and early 2020 seemed like my second place to stay would have been Laos. Now of course everything blown up. My plans were pre-covid and even early covid things did not look this bad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Immigration confirm Muang Thong Thani office to reopen amid speculation visa amnesty will not be extended

Why all the speculations that's absolutely crazy. IF one want's to know Something about one Has to Do/Not Go and Ask your Local Imm Office That's the one you will have to deal with .No matter what Anyone Says.

• Like 1

I guess I made the right decision. I did my 90 days report when it was due two weeks ago, which took about 30 seconds in Korat. Nobody has been there (except for two very efficient officers). And I am not worried too much about the next extension, which will be due mid of January next year. Just because of the amnesty you don't have to do your 90 days on July 31st and possibly experience the busiest office of all times. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

After July 31st. Immigration will announce when they are due. Some office have stated it will be due 90 days from when your last report was due.

Joe, for myself and the others. Can anyone go to this office? It says they take the regular 90 day deal (like border runs) Would this be the same requirements, just a passport and fee?

•  
  •  

imageproxy.jpg

vc.jpg

Pictures: Naew Na

Thailand's Region 1 immigration have confirmed that the temporary visa office in the Muang Thong Housing estate in Nonthaburi will reopen next Monday, July 13th.

The office will handle 90 day reports, address reports and short extensions of stay. 

11 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

I guess I made the right decision. I did my 90 days report when it was due two weeks ago, which took about 30 seconds in Korat. Nobody has been there (except for two very efficient officers). And I am not worried too much about the next extension, which will be due mid of January next year. Just because of the amnesty you don't have to do your 90 days on July 31st and possibly experience the busiest office of all times. Good luck to everyone!

why would you care anything about amnesty, you can just do your 90 reporting when time is due, why have to wait for the 31july rubbish, you are not part of the amnesty group

1 hour ago, vermin on arrival said:

Vietnam didn't give amnesty but people seem to be able pay indefinitely. Taiwan gave 3 months and allows people to apply to stay for longer

Not sure about indefinitely. Vietnam gave an amnesty until June 30, then extended it until July 31 in the last minute. You have to fill out a health form, go to your embassy and pay a fee.

21 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

They were being put into my friend's house who was buying my flat from my landlord so not useless or expensive (free). I would have then had a long time (years) to decide what to do with them as I would have been slowly moving a lot out to either Taiwan or maybe much of it to Laos since in late 2019 and early 2020 seemed like my second place to stay would have been Laos. Now of course everything blown up. My plans were pre-covid and even early covid things did not look this bad.

All of us our plans are destroyed more or less , my " farewell Thailand " is  May /June 2022 latest and earliest Dec.2021 , I was hoping to fly up and down E.U. 2 times before end flight , now nothing looks sure as before , logistic way this is disturbing me at  a certain level ,but already plan b /c …. partly a sea container is in thoughts 

This virus could be the ultimate Economic warfare creation , not to many dead's …. but all is disturbed world wide economy and logistics and so Financially ????

2 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Not sure about indefinitely. Vietnam gave an amnesty until June 30, then extended it until July 31 in the last minute. You have to fill out a health form, go to your embassy and pay a fee.

i have a 5yrs visa with vietnam, what i have heard from other that you can indefinitely extend as long as you pay the fee

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Yes seems indefinitely. It's not an amnesty you have to pay. My friend has just paid for his second two month extension. He could pay for up to 3 months at a time I believe.

9 hours ago, TwoShipps said:

So now that this has been done, where do I go if I already had an appointment scheduled for next Tuesday, July 14, to process my 90-day report?  The appointment still shows Counter B-65 at Government complex.    (I always do it online, but with the app and website down for the past 2 weeks I was unable to process it that way.)  

Admin- Feel free to move this if I need to post it elsewhere.  

Last week I completed my 90 day report at CW. In and out in 45 minutes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

He waited until the Cabinet ordered him what to do.

This is SOP for Thai Mangers.  Wait for the boss to make a decision.  Then if it’s wrong it’s not my fault.  Failing that get a group together to make decision so you have someone to bear on if you get beat on by the boss.  The “Thai way”, a culture of avoidance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, niebla said:

Vietnam is charging $100/monthly for visas for people stuck there. 

I came out of Vietnam, back to Thailand on a border run, and the day after I left (March 22nd) Vietnam closed the borders. Several of my friends in a similar position (on supposedly never-ending 3-month tourist visas), but who were still in Vnam at the time, are having to pay up to $300 a month depending on their nationality and circumstances. People over here have got it VERY lucky . . . though I'm surprised that the gov. missed the chance to milk the captive farangs. I'm certain it won't last much longer!

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Yes seems indefinitely. It's not an amnesty you have to pay. My friend has just paid for his second two month extension. He could pay for up to 3 months at a time I believe.

you don't have to do visa run like thailand out and in, everything is done at immigration, smart move if you ask me, kept all the money for themself

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, clorox said:

you don't have to do visa run like thailand out and in, everything is done at immigration, smart move

32 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

if you ask me, kept all the money for themself

With Vietnam it all depends on what visa you have. There are many thousands living there full-time on infinitely-renewable 3-month tourist visas - and for these it is usual to do a border run. The alternative is paying a government agent to extend your visa each time so that you don't need to leave the country, which is prohibitively expensive and few people chose to do. 

It all depends whereabouts you live in Vietnam. Speaking for myself, I was so far from a land border that is was cheaper to fly to Bangkok for a couple of day's R'nR that it was to pay for 2 days on a bus, plus overnight stay.

Additionally, a 3-month single-entry tourist visa only costs about 1,000 baht $35 and can be applied for and granted online (but needing an exit and return each time) - compare that to the hassle and cost of a Thai one! CORRECTION . . . well, it used to do, back in the good old days.

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

Can somebody give directions or a map location to where this Muang Thong Thani government office actually is? That is a very large area and I've wasted a lot of time in the past trying to find specific buildings or events. The 161 bus from Victory Monument goes there, but does it go anywhere near this building?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dekestone said:

Can somebody give directions or a map location to where this Muang Thong Thani government office actually is? That is a very large area and I've wasted a lot of time in the past trying to find specific buildings or events. The 161 bus from Victory Monument goes there, but does it go anywhere near this building?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/IMPACT/@13.912949,100.5476696,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x5ade5eb90113ca18!8m2!3d13.912949!4d100.5476696

2 hours ago, Foghorn said:

They haven’t got a choice they have to make it possible to extend 

How many foreigners who on a short visit are left in Thailand who were unable to get out when their embassies urged them to do so while flights were still available and who subsequently were unable to get on a repatriation flight and who even today cannot get a seat on any of the outbound passenger flights that are still operating? 

I suggest that any foreigner in this unfortunate situation who cannot get an extension of stay for another reason should apply for an extension under clause 2.28(1) of Police Order 327/2557 (2014) with documentary evidence of his or her failed attempts and the requisite embassy or consulate letter.

Police Order 327_2557 (2014) - extension criteria & conditions en - Siam Translation.pdf

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robsamui said:

I came out of Vietnam, back to Thailand on a border run, and the day after I left (March 22nd) Vietnam closed the borders. Several of my friends in a similar position (on supposedly never-ending 3-month tourist visas), but who were still in Vnam at the time, are having to pay up to $300 a month depending on their nationality and circumstances. People over here have got it VERY lucky . . . though I'm surprised that the gov. missed the chance to milk the captive farangs. I'm certain it won't last much longer!

Had it very lucky. However, the craziness before the amnesty was given in April was very unpleasant. If they tell us we all need to be gone at the end of amnesty while we have been waiting for borders to open up to get to other countries we need to get to that will be far worse. I would have no problem paying a high monthly fee to be sure to maintain my legal status here while waiting to get to Taiwan rather than being forced back to the US where I have not lived since 1998 or risking the potentially awful penalties of overstay. People in the States will be toxic for a very long time, and I would likely be trapped there and possibly lose everything in Taiwan

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Maestro said:

I suggest that any foreigner in this unfortunate situation who cannot get an extension of stay for another reason should apply for an extension under clause 2.28(1) of Police Order 327/2557 (2014) with documentary evidence of his or her failed attempts and the requisite embassy or consulate letter.

Police Order 327_2557 (2014) - extension criteria & conditions en - Siam Translation.pdf 138.79 kB · 0 downloads

So the embassy letter. I checked the US embassy website and this is what they say:

The U.S. Embassy will no longer provide extension of stay requests. U.S. Citizens in Thailand temporarily have between now and July 31, 2020, to either return to the United States or their country of permanent residence or to obtain the appropriate visa type for your long-term stay in Thailand.

22 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

So the embassy letter. I checked the US embassy website and this is what they say:

The U.S. Embassy will no longer provide extension of stay requests. U.S. Citizens in Thailand temporarily have between now and July 31, 2020, to either return to the United States or their country of permanent residence or to obtain the appropriate visa type for your long-term stay in Thailand.

If you are affected by this, why were you unable to heed the advice of the U.S. embassy and get a flight out of Thailand? With convincing documentation, your immigration office may make an exception to the requirement of the embassy letter. I read on this forum, prior to the automatic extension of stay, that an immigration office did this.

P.S. I see several flights listed form Suvarnabhumi airport (BKK) to the USA, eg to New York:

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en#flt=BKK./m/02_286.2020-07-13*/m/02_286.BKK.2020-07-30;c:CHF;e:1;sd:1;t:f

Edited by Maestro
added postscript
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Maestro said:

If you are affected by this, why were you unable to heed the advice of the U.S. embassy and get a flight out of Thailand? With convincing documentation, your immigration office may make an exception to the requirement of the embassy letter. I read on this forum, prior to the automatic extension of stay, that an immigration office did this.

P.S. I see several flights listed form Suvarnabhumi airport (BKK) to the USA, eg to New York:

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en#flt=BKK./m/02_286.2020-07-13*/m/02_286.BKK.2020-07-30;c:CHF;e:1;sd:1;t:f

Because I have been waiting to get back to my home in Taiwan. My flight for Taipei left two hours after the proper time to enter the country on March 18. They have been talking about travel bubbles since May and Taiwan has had 0 cases for more almost 3 months. I thought for sure once Thailand did it Taiwan would be included since their name always comes up. Just this week Thailand just threw up their hands and decided not to make any. Then I waited to see news about what Thailand would do about people on amnesty. The moment I saw embassy letters mentioned today I just checked the US embassy website. I have a US passport, but the US is not my home. I haven't lived in the US for 22 years. Is this so hard to understand?

Edited by vermin on arrival
  • Like 1

Well I cant say I am surprised  people have had the choice of flying out dependant on flights available which I gather was most days 

I suspect pay 1900 baht for a months extension with proof of flight booked 

Cant answer for those  on border  crossings 

10 hours ago, jackdd said:

Afaik the rules for extensions are set by the immigration police chief and he could change them if he wants to. Thus he has the power to for example simply scrap the "one per entry" limit of 30 day extensions while the borders are closed. Obviously he didn't do this, we can just speculate about his reasons for this. He waited until the Cabinet ordered him what to do.

I guess now it's the same situation, he just waits for the Cabinet to tell him what to do. The permission of stay of foreigners might not be the cabinet's priority, thus they take their time. Right now immigration most likely doesn't know what the cabinet will decide.

I guess you right because from the news that the Cabinet has problem of their own to shuffle, quite of members etc so foreigners are the last they will think about it.  So just be patient and update the news frequently.

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

We don't need "amnesty" - that was done so YOUR Folks wouldn't have to deal with catching Covid from thousands of extension-applicants.  Don't pretend you didn't take our money because you "cared about us" - you did it because your personnel were Terrified of catching Covid.

Now that the risk is lower, we just need to be able to PURCHASE extensions.  We Have Money to Pay for them.  The official-fee "with receipt" was never the issue.

If you would Shut Down Agent/IO-Corruption, many of us could get 1-year extensions, or switch extension-reasons (to Non-B, Non-ED, etc) - which we qualify to apply/receive under Immigration Law - but are prevented from receiving, due to that corruption. 

OHO...now you make look it as it would be my line ...NOT!!. As i just quoted  a copy paste from that article to show readers what it told

....by just using that one line in your answering post you make it look that i  said that...! ????

Better next time please to quote correct