Immigration confirm Muang Thong Thani office to reopen amid speculation visa amnesty will not be extended

1 hour ago, vermin on arrival said:

Now I remember you saying in the threads in March when people were trying to do visa runs out that you were going to Japan to ride it out there. How has it been?

Yes haha, i remember everyone panicking in march on what to do. I was literally in my car driving to Laos to do a border run but checked thai visa and saw the news they were closed so i turned back. Have been waiting it out in japan since march. Had a great time here, zero infringement on my personal freedom besides the gym i go to they want me to wear a mask. thats it, everything else i would have never really known there is a pandemic. Traveled to kyoto zero toruists lol. They "suggest to stay at home" but they cant enforce it due to the constitution in japan. So everything is just kinda on your honor. I dont believe in all this self isolation and mask stuff so i just went around anyway. People are not overly paranoid here.  Now its looking like a good move because I can just go to sri lanka in august and wait it out there until thailand opens to these asian countries. 

Edited by at15
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, at15 said:

They had a big prayer, just leaving everything to god. Have to survive and move on!!

That was the approach in many places during the last major global pandemic in 1918-1920. It was singularly ineffective. Tens of millions did not survive. If the pandemic is the result of some higher power, I would assume it is more under the control of the devil than any benevolent being.

I would be delighted if someone can find a magic incantation to make Covid-19 disappear, but I just cannot see that happening. The choices are short term economic misery or millions of dead. Also, electing for millions of dead may not ultimately prevent major damage to the economy anyway.

1 hour ago, drbeach said:

Well Laos is still tolerating the overstays then. That's not really better than what Thailand is doing.Let's wait and see what Thailand announces.

Vietnam only extended it's amnesty in the very last minute. Thailand will hopefully not be so daft. My guess is we'll know more next week

Yes, the people in Laos just have at least piece of mind, knowing that they just need to pay-$60 a month overstay fee (the same as our normal extensions I would be good with that-It's nice, but I don't need amnesty would be happy to pay as long as I can be near the home I need to get to). No need to worry about huge crowds dealing with the paperwork and bureaucracy; pay at IO before you leave I believe or something like that. Vietnam also has the pay option in addition to the amnesty (or are they the same?); a friend of mine has made use of it twice, paying for 2 months each.

I have no problem paying for the piece of mind of an extension whatever the cost they decide. Anyways, let's hope we here something sensible next week.

2 hours ago, at15 said:

Yes haha, i remember everyone panicking in march on what to do. I was literally in my car driving to Laos to do a border run but checked thai visa and saw the news they were closed so i turned back. Have been waiting it out in japan since march. Had a great time here, zero infringement on my personal freedom besides the gym i go to they want me to wear a mask. thats it, everything else i would have never really known there is a pandemic. Traveled to kyoto zero toruists lol. They "suggest to stay at home" but they cant enforce it due to the constitution in japan. So everything is just kinda on your honor. I dont believe in all this self isolation and mask stuff so i just went around anyway. People are not overly paranoid here.  Now its looking like a good move because I can just go to sri lanka in august and wait it out there until thailand opens to these asian countries. 

Yes I remember discussing things with you on that thread. Four months already wow. I'm glad that worked out for you. Has it been pricey staying in Japan? I imagine it would be. Hope you have a great time in Sri Lanka.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 5:39 AM, hotchilli said:

If you have an appointment booked you've answered your own question.

Why would you go somewhere else?

Well...because we live in Thailand, I thought it best to ask.  Today, my suspicions were confirmed.  Even though my appointment was at CW I was denied there and told I had to go to MTT.    Thankfully the appointment I had at CW was accepted there and I didn't have to wait very long.   Now when you book an appointment online it doesn't give you the CW option.   

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Yanki said:

Well, I have to go to Muang Thong Thani for my 90 days report. How to get into there? . Is it near to CW govt complex? Kindly advice me please.

Not really near CW.  It's farther from the center of the city.  You'll need to take a taxi or Grab.  There are 3 buildings in the complex and this link will show you the exact building for the 90 day reports: https://goo.gl/maps/UfKdnBPcUABMNJ3T6

If you want to save some money (and time if there is a lot of traffic) then you can take the BTS to the Wat Phra Sri Mahathat station and grab a taxi from there.  This link shows the station to MTT route:  https://goo.gl/maps/6kMYKTL9wpZzTraH7