Noisy Neighbors

WineOh

Give your new neighbors a chance, they may just be excited that they have moved into a new house and can't believe their luck that they are living next to a farang. Most likely sitting up at night discussing what lottery numbers to buy.

• Haha 1

I think some don’t realize it... wife has a very loud voice when normal conversation... could be from the environment they were raised...loudest 

one got feed first...  other than ask them politely to tone it down at certain hours... is it condo complex 

On 7/9/2020 at 10:18 PM, 2long said:

We are SO lucky that our neighbours are great (all Thai) and we make the most noise, although I try to keep my mob under control.

Yeah...  About that.  The neighbors asked me to talk to you...

2 hours ago, DJ54 said:

I think some don’t realize it... wife has a very loud voice when normal conversation... could be from the environment they were raised...loudest 

one got feed first...  other than ask them politely to tone it down at certain hours... is it condo complex 

Perhaps get your wife's hearing checked.  Serious comment.  

On 7/10/2020 at 10:46 AM, OneeyedJohn said:

I realised a long time ago the only way to gaurantee any kind of peace and quiet would be to have a 20 rai piece of land, build your house right in the middle of it, and have a 2 metre high wall all around.

You are far enough away from roads, neighbours with yappy dogs, farm workers with noisy tractors, people using strimmers at 5 in the morning, and <deleted> water pumps and metal buffaloes droning on all day.

What else, agh yes, the local headman boring everyone to death with his announcments over loadspeakers almost everyday.

3 meter 

Call the cops and tell them how rowdy they are. 

Then again. And again. And again. After a while the cops will get very irritated and you won't have to ask. They will get very creative and do something with the neighbors. 

On 7/10/2020 at 4:46 AM, OneeyedJohn said:

I realised a long time ago the only way to gaurantee any kind of peace and quiet would be to have a 20 rai piece of land, build your house right in the middle of it, and have a 2 metre high wall all around.

You are far enough away from roads, neighbours with yappy dogs, farm workers with noisy tractors, people using strimmers at 5 in the morning, and <deleted> water pumps and metal buffaloes droning on all day.

What else, agh yes, the local headman boring everyone to death with his announcments over loadspeakers almost everyday.

I used to think that but realised that one would need at least 2km all the way around. We had a quiet spot many moons ago and the way the sound of a wat pumping out trash from kilometres away would carry over the paddies was just uncanny. The wall has to be inlaid with a solid thicket of foliage like 10m deep and the same outside. :wink:

3 hours ago, mike787 said:

...he still riled over the 40 bht beer stiff.

People get murdered here by locals for less than 40 baht!

try taking the p**s out of a thai man and see how he reacts!!!

25 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

You seem to not be having an enjoyable time of it lately. I hope things improve for you.

Some favourite music may help things for you. Remember the good things we enjoy 

On 7/10/2020 at 1:00 PM, Tagged said:

I had noisy american neighbours, and english, as other nationalities. It is not only Thais ???? 

I have been noisy to when it suited me. Just saying, 

Err, if i write about my new Canadian neighbor i guess I'll find out if he reads TV, can't give him a *piece* of my mind as i lost my mind yesterday, with his missus, they have a pack of yapping small dogs they have been allowing out on the street all day, they have been chasing every body, barking at them M/C, kids cycling to school, walking, even at me in my garden. My missus gave her/them an ultimatum, keep the dogs inside or she will tell the Pu Yia Ban. Peace has returned this morning BUT i will wait and see. Making a vid will be my next option. 

18 hours ago, mike787 said:

Well said: YOU see, NOT OP....it's gonna be curtains soon.

Has taken me a few hard lessons to learn my way about how things work in LOS.....

As they say the lesson is repeated UNTIL it is learned......its Thai for Thai, and Im NOT a Thai......

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Iforbach said:

I suggest you record their conversation for few hours and play it back to them thriugh sound system ..and you go out for night  .worked for me years ago @  good wax ear plugs keep playing their stuff till they get message ..

LOL I DID this!!!  I had a studio with paper thin walls and a burmese couple was fighting so I recorded it and played it back..outside their window so when they came out to see what was up, there I was .....kaboom!

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2020 at 9:58 AM, worgeordie said:

When we first moved into our house,30 odd years ago,a Farang and

his wife built a house next door,and had 4 Alsatians,the noise was

terrible,then a Thai Dr. 2 houses down arrived he had 5 Thai dogs

that were left to roam, biting people,making them fall off their

motorbikes. 

So over the years all the dogs died,then the Farang and his wife,

so no more dogs moved it,the Doctor's dogs died,and he did not

get anymore ,so now we are friends,after years of hating him

because he did not control his dogs

An empty piece of land in front of our house lay empty for years,

then 4 years ago someone bought it,so now we are worried,are

they going to be noisy,have dogs, then we found out they were

Muslims,so they won't be having dogs,thank Allah.

So everything around our Cul-de-sac is quite,and the moral of

my story is,you have to put up with some inconveniences but

in the long run everything will be OK.........thats the very long run.

regards Worgeordie

My neighbour has 4 dogs, we have two and we have no problems at all, in the day they play in the two gardens, shout at each other a bit, but at night, all is normally quiet, with our dogs asleep in our bedroom and the neighbours dogs asleep in their garden.  The dogs occasionally bark if something is amiss, such as someone walking past the houses, but that is a good thing, not a bad one. Nothing wrong with dogs, its the owners that are at fault if they make life difficult for all around. Its interesting that you are now friends with them when they could not be bothered to consider you when they had dogs.  Their inconsiderate nature will not have changed. 

37 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Err, if i write about my new Canadian neighbor i guess I'll find out if he reads TV, can't give him a *piece* of my mind as i lost my mind yesterday, with his missus, they have a pack of yapping small dogs they have been allowing out on the street all day, they have been chasing every body, barking at them M/C, kids cycling to school, walking, even at me in my garden. My missus gave her/them an ultimatum, keep the dogs inside or she will tell the Pu Yia Ban. Peace has returned this morning BUT i will wait and see. Making a vid will be my next option. 

I was living below an American in a condo, he as I liked to get up in the morning read and watch the news, but he did on full speaker. Just imagine Fox News laoud in the morning? They also had chairs and tables they liked tomove often, as they Or she liked tv in the evening Looking lagon, while he sitting on the balcony. Anyway, I went up to him, and asked him politely calling him sir, would you mind if you used your headphones, your wife turn down to tv a bit, and everything will be fine. You have to understand, it is like sitting in the same room with you guys we hare everything down to our appertment. And guess what, it worked out fine, and we also got the management to give them som filtpad protectors for their chairs and tables. I also showed him if I did the same as him on my balcony, how it would be up to him. And the good thing, they went early to bed, and early up, so no complications there. 

Another place we just moved out after awhile. A drunk englishman and crazy thai woman, putting on loundry 24/7, and shouting, banging doors, while the neighbour next door Liked to play laoud 70íes music when it suited him. It is waste of time and energy dealing with egoistic idiots. Im here On this planet for the last fun of my life (30+ years Hopefully) and have no time to <deleted> around with energy thieves.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:12 AM, Grumpy one said:

Health wise giving them a piece of your mind may not be the brightest thing to do.

I regret giving so many offenders a piece of my mind when I was younger. 

The scraps I'm left with now are pitifully inadequate. Tying my shoelaces is the equivalent of working a difficult crossword puzzle. 

Sad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Neighbour and Dog problems? 

These two solve any dog problems you might have. Can give you the contact info if needed, and sure the owner would let you host them for a week or two until neighbours settled down in piece and quiet, and be more respectful. 

4EE5B9FF-AF3E-4CDC-A639-41B34068CFB3.jpeg

7 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I get it!  I'm on your team except here's where we differ.  I know I cannot change/fix Thailand, I can't even fix me - god knows I try and make small progress.  You get it? You feel me on this point so far, cause if you do life will be as simple as it is peaceful.  Ok, now that we hopefully got this far, the rest of ALL these TVF and life's issues become simple.  Should you be in a S**T hole, walking away feels like closure/freedom/peace.  I don't expect you to like or understand any of this, because your path is your choice...however, know that as you choose that one you can choose another path of peace...good luck either path you continue to choose....

6 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Has taken me a few hard lessons to learn my way about how things work in LOS.....

As they say the lesson is repeated UNTIL it is learned......its Thai for Thai, and Im NOT a Thai......

I'm with ya...I apply the same to every place/person on earth...choose the path of least resistance...path of peace....

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 4:23 PM, Stevemercer said:

the near constant filling of land against our concrete wall. We filled one metre 6 years ago. Now everyone next door wants higher than that and are filling to 2 metres. So our concrete boundary fence is now meant to function as a retaining wall for the neighbours. I'm not sure what will happen once we finally get a decent flood of rain.

They are not allowed to use your wall as a supporting wall. Off to the local government office you go. They need to build their own supporting wall. The wall is your property. Do something.

• Thanks 1