Noisy Neighbors

WineOh

You might want to consider putting a speaker in the window and pumping some very loud music in their direction for awhile. Might get their attention, wake them up from their primitive stupor or enable you to negotiate some sort of truce. Some try complaining to the police. Your Thai woman would have to handle that and some donations would have to be made. We have a cop for hire in our area. One visit from him and nobody is out of line afterwards, as he has a vicious reputation. 

Otherwise, unless you own the house, if is likely you will have to move. 

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

You might want to consider putting a speaker in the window and pumping some very loud music in their direction for awhile. Might get their attention......

It should get their attention alright, along with the attention from all his other neighbours.

All kidding aside, the way you react to this is the same way you react in any other country, at least at first. You become friendly, bring some beer, with your wife, and let her talk with them after you've opened the door. Tell them sometimes you can't sleep because their noise is too loud. Would you mind lowering the volume a little? It might work. The better you get to know them, the more they're likely to understand your situation. The wife is the key. If after a little while, they still continue their inconsiderate behavior, you can go to the local town council and have your wife fill them in. Or the local police can get an anonymous call from a few people, letting them know what's going on. Granted, that might not get anywhere, but it's another option. Making noise yourself will probably <deleted> off the other neighbors, something you don't want to do, and it may or may not work for them. Some people don't give a <deleted> no matter what you do, so your only option is the law. This isn't the US, and you can't go Rambo on them here, unless it's life or death. Like a lot have said here, this happens here a lot.

On 7/10/2020 at 2:56 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

Real thais seem to be polite and respectful on the whole where I live. If it carries on im gonna go round and give em a piece of my mind. 

Obviously don't know very many Thais then. Thais love noise. If music isn't making your ears bleed it's not loud enough. I moved to another city because my nephews made too much noise after midnight and my wife wouldn't stop them.

Go round only if you want pain and suffering.

Your situation is why farangs should never buy a house. Rent and be able to move when an all night karaoke starts over the road or a rock crushing plant opens down the road.

If you have a Thai wife make it her mission to sort it out. Never a good idea for a farang to get involved with a Thai.

Edited by thaibeachlovers