Stranded Aussie expats told it could take “weeks, if not months” to return to Thailand

webfact

4 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

There was a post on here a couple of weeks ago with a chart listing the costs for obtaining the cover in Thailand it is aged based and from memory for someone 65 -70 years about 90,000 baht for one year there was no provision for a shorter period.

Delusional COVID not covered both on any insurance clause.. pandemic 

4 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

There was a post on here a couple of weeks ago with a chart listing the costs for obtaining the cover in Thailand it is aged based and from memory for someone 65 -70 years about 90,000 baht for one year there was no provision for a shorter period.

Thanks.

I know it's an Oz based thread but UK at 250 a head is for sure going to stop a lot of people thinking about a holiday here soon.

1 minute ago, StevieAus said:

I don’t know about travel insurance but companies here have been offering cover for one year as I stated in a post above.

I have medical/ hospital insurance with Alliance that covers me worldwide and they have confirmed it includes Covid.

Thailand congratulated for there fake numbers combined with there masters China. ???? One of the best things for Thailand is a new democratic English speaking leader with a broad mind and a higher education than some old army burn outs who have destroyed the country's economy and burned all ties with the West.

Who are you congratulating brains.

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Thanks.

I know it's an Oz based thread but UK at 250 a head is for sure going to stop a lot of people thinking about a holiday here soon.

Nobody is going period don't listen to the medical tourist lies they are born decievers. They will wait for diseased China. China own Thai 

18 hours ago, Darkside Gray said:

Just returning to the penal colony it was, back to its roots!

If you care to read your history you will find that Britain had penal colonies in other parts of the world as did some other countries.

Also along with the convicts many of whom were released and granted land and later became wealthy, were free settlers who went to Australia voluntarily.

Don’t believe everything you see in the movies.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Guderian said:

And I still see some people speculating that normal farang tourism will resume in August. <rolleyes>

Yes, August 2021 perhaps, lol.

Normal tourism as we knew it before turning up at Suvarnabhumbi with just a passport in hand I'd say at least August 2022 not 2021

I have my doubts as well it will be even then

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Normal tourism as we knew it before turning up at Suvarnabhumbi with just a passport in hand I'd say at least August 2022 not 2021

I have my doubts as well it will be even then

Mum and dad with 2 sprogs paying an extra £1000 for insurance ( that may/may not be accepted at the airport ). Airfares at what cost, when some airlines decide to start up again. +++++++%.

Internation easy travel is not coming back anytime soon except for a couple of 'carefully' ???? selected countries.

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Mum and dad with 2 sprogs paying an extra £1000 for insurance ( that may/may not be accepted at the airport ). Airfares at what cost, when some airlines decide to start up again. +++++++%.

Internation easy travel is not coming back anytime soon except for a couple of 'carefully' ???? selected countries.

I agree, there probably will be a new normal, and for good reasons. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Imagine needing permission from your government to leave your own country?

:bah:

True. As much as I applaud this information for Aussies (not every country cares about their citizens abroad), am I also a bit bewildered, how a Western democracy can lock in their own citizens. (That's exactly, what the former Eastern Bloc was criticized for, and Scott Morrison doesn't have the charisma of a Stalin...)

Also, while the '$100,000 health insurance requirement' is mentioned, hopefully, the ambassador mentioned that this is US$, not A$ (1US$ = 1.46A$). ????

Edited by StayinThailand2much

28 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

True. As much as I applaud this information for Aussies (not every country cares about their citizens abroad), am I also a bit bewildered, how a Western democracy can lock in their own citizens. (That's exactly, what the former Eastern Bloc was criticized for, and Scott Morrison doesn't have the charisma of a Stalin...)

Also, while the '$100,000 health insurance requirement' is mentioned, hopefully, the ambassador mentioned that this is US$, not A$ (1US$ = 1.46A$). ????

"True. As much as I applaud this information for Aussies (not every country cares about their citizens abroad), am I also a bit bewildered, how a Western democracy can lock in their own citizens."

",,, eastern bloc,  scomo doesn't have the charisma of stalin"

Seems you can only see the picture in your terms with no possibility that on the ground the story can be different and is different.

Resend:

image.png.4d609b18cf98d8a2935788eb275f533d.png

Edited by scorecard

32 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"True. As much as I applaud this information for Aussies (not every country cares about their citizens abroad), am I also a bit bewildered, how a Western democracy can lock in their own citizens."

",,, eastern bloc,  scomo doesn't have the charisma of stalin"

Seems you can only see the picture in your terms with no possibility that on the ground the story can be different and is different.

Resend:

image.png.4d609b18cf98d8a2935788eb275f533d.png

Your shoot in the dark , when pinch comes to shove your government owns you, and as they placed the country on a war footing with a national Government, they can do what they bloody like .

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mark mark said:

I lived in Thailand off and on at first but VERY successfully most recently, for 37 years, and even was keeping ahead of the Health Insurance Threat, just before this Virus just Back stabbed, and scuttled all of us ! …  Like now much fun has it been in Thailand just lately ? Not Much I suspect .... So I am stuck in Freezing Cold Southern Australia now .... As it is their winter. .... So am I a Wannabe ? …. Well YES looking at the regulations and well given I have no mirage certificate, or children’s Birth certificates, … I guess that I do not even qualify to try to get in now, …  so Yes, I have been downgraded TO being a Wannabe I guess ! ?

. .... Not eligible to get in, … “Just Yet” ??? Let’s Hope .... I have heard November and December mentioned ??? Ho Hum ... Well let’s Hope so. (Before my NON –O visa runs out !!! ???)

Yes am I a Wannabe ? ... No I am just a very VERY stupid Person, … like I left in February ... though no flight bans, or border closures had even been mentioned .... YES ... it WAS obvious, that looking at How Resilient and Contagious CV 19 was .... It was Obvious that the whole world is going to be shut down for a long LONG time. … And well the Thai government wants to reduce the Number of Old Men using it's health system also I think .... And this has been pretty obvious for a couple of years now I think ? .... But I did not see this virus total lock down coming !!! …. Like to worry about the flight ? ... Like Stupid ! ... Not a Wannabe. ... Just a very, … VERY stupid Person. 

That SARS Virus was much more of a Killer, and that went away ! ? ... So I thought that CV 19 would also .... Stupid. As CV 19 might not kill as high a proportion of it’s Victims, … but is much more Tenacious, and Contagious I think. ... Hence when they say it will be Just Years !!! …  Well I think that we could believe them.

If any of you pray, pray for me, and the rest of the Poor Bastards locked out of their homes ... for a return in October or November ? Would be good for me !!!

Mark Mark !!!

I dont think you are stupid for those choices at all. 

You erred on the side of caution, and there could have very easily been huge outbreak in Thailand with all the Chinese flocking in there last Jan and Feb.

Anyways, looking at the last few months in Thailand, with lockdowns and all the fun bans, you really haven't missed much id say.

Now those there are dealing with all the stress about visas and borders closed and the uncertainty of how Thai Immigration will treat white foreigners..now and in the future.

Well, I dont need that..and i dont need to be paying a small fortune into a corrupt system just to stay there.

Not when i can be in Aus and be stress free.

So Im sure in time you will see this as a blessing.

You must be getting some stimulus welfare payments in Australia?

Some groups are collecting $1,100 a fortnight and the government will be lifting all normal welfare soon, because they realise the unemployed (for once) will have bigger numbers and bigger voting power.

But, back In Thailand, most farangs will just continue being beaten into submission and continue with the slow milking, until they are dry...

And all for which you get no quality and absolutely no thanks for the money you've invested (wasted) in the people and the country.

Nup!

My advice to you..

Re-group, become a normal Aus citizen again, with all the lurks and perks.

If Australia wont let us out, then Milk the Aus governent for all the welfare you can.

Certainly thats better than getting milked and taken for a mug by Thais?

If you've been away that long you probably lost your Medicare rights?

Get back into the system again. Its can be a huge safety net for us getting older.

Give it a few months and maybe you will think again, otherwise check what the new requirements for entry to Thailand will be, and start again.

Honestly, if they keep up the insurance and all the other nonsense, i for one cant be bothered with Thailand.

Ive been back in Aus long enough to start seeing clearly... and let me tell you, the fog clears pretty quick!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I wasnt born there. I only worked half my working life there. My career was not made there.

But i am an australian citizen and very happy i didnt return when the govt said to return. Those that returned would not have known they couldnt leave.

If i was stuck there i would be homeless eating in soup kitchens. I have no family there.

So yes, i feel sorry for those whose lives are in a new country being stuck there in a place they do not want or need to be.

And then again, maybe a few might come to realise its the best thing that could have happened to them.

If you are aged 30-40, how do you plan to have the finances to stay in Thailand indefinately anyway?

When for many of us employment is banned and the wages are low.

You can find life throws out other opportunities.

I have met a new lady here in Aus and chances are i could end up moving into her (owned) house with expenses half/half..

Not buying someone a house i can never own and paying 100% of everything and for family bludgers as well! 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chainarong said:

Your shoot in the dark , when pinch comes to shove your government owns you, and as they placed the country on a war footing with a national Government, they can do what they bloody like .

Just your opinion, I don't agree. 

19 hours ago, Susco said:

How about Australia not allowing it's own citizens outbound flight till the end of the year?

Is Prayuth the Australian PM now?

Wrong. An Aussie CAN leave, and do, with a reasonable reason. Simple to fix.

Mate in Qld flying back to Cambodia soon, other friends returning to Hong Kong almost daily.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Mate in Qld flying back to Cambodia soon, other friends returning to Hong Kong almost daily.

The big difference is, in Oz, and, to a certain degree, in Hong Kong, there is the rule of law, with all people, more or less, treated equally, as opposed to Thailand, where any little dictator can make rules as he pleases, discriminating against people based on nationality, complexion, or whatever, and where, as a foreigner, you will always have zero rights, even if you live here for 50 years... - How, otherwise, can you explain that requirement of a $100,000 health insurance against Covid-19? What insurance company will provide that?

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, orchidfan said:

There's a whole comprehensive list of possible exemptions a citizen can use to get permission to leave whilst COVID 19 is still around, and the process is not complex.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pookondee said:

If you are aged 30-40, how do you plan to have the finances to stay in Thailand indefinately anyway?

Can only speak for myself but my investments are doing very well. Not everyone is lazing about and angrily posting on the internet while waiting for another government handout. 

Edited by heist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Hope he's got the required funds to get in to Cambo. Not cheap at the moment and costs could easily escalate if there's an infected person on your flight. 

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

as a foreigner, you will always have zero rights, even if you live here for 50 years...

Stop moaning and get PR and citizenship if you want the same rights as a local.

Get a proper job, pay taxes for three years and apply. Stay a further five years and apply to become a Thai citizen.

If you are too old or too stupid to do it you're s*** outta luck.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Weeks if not months? I'm predicting 1-2 years. I was lucky, left Australia for Thailand about two weeks before the lockdowns started.

I see unlike many here you're using your noodle.  

There are a lot of people here who probably read prison planet .com.  You can see their irrational posts, and picture them at 3am writing with red eyes in the dark, the A/C on, slamming their keyboard...

The airlines have not only laid off staff world wide, they have done so permanently.  The airlines anticipate at least 1 - 2 years before things get back to normal.  At least.  That's why they have been let go permanently.  They are not coming back.  This is not a temporary thing.  1-2 years is not temporary.  

Until there is a vaccine there will be no tourism to Thailand, full stop.  Besides, residents like you will get first crack to come back.  

I will write that it's nice to see that the plandemic people have finally left into the bowels of the internet.  They are swirling somewhere feeding off their fears, anger, and hostility barfing out obscure figures, blaming the governments, people, the 1 percent.  Screaming about chinese tourists, crying, no answers to anything, just pointing out problems.  The internet is a great place for them.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1