Stranded Aussie expats told it could take “weeks, if not months” to return to Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Wrong. An Aussie CAN leave, and do, with a reasonable reason. Simple to fix.

Mate in Qld flying back to Cambodia soon, other friends returning to Hong Kong almost daily.

No I'm NOT wrong.

Australia has banned all outbound flights, UNLESS you have a valid reason for exemption.

I have customer who is Australian, but has UAE residence and works over there, and he was able to leave 10 days ago after being stuck in Australia for several months.

I have a friend, UK resident, who work in Australia. He is married in Thailand with 5 year old baby, and he can not leave

The information given in the video has been available officially and in print in standard English for some time and it was kind of of the Australian ambassador to put it on YouTube in Australian English. 

Generally speaking, it is advisable for the nationals of all countries to follow the websites and social media channels of their respective embassies and consulates.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 2:19 AM, Susco said:

If you can make that kind of money I wouldn't care either, so your 90 day house arrest since that day will have earned you another 6 million Baht. 

Got partial pay for April-Jun and zero in July. Starting back up in August.

I've got a friend who is stuck in Australia too, work requires him to move to Europe.  He cannot leave.  Thankfully the company is allowing him to work remotely.  

The amount of angry pathetic disinformation here is truly staggering.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, teatime101 said:

Why is this difficult? People have lives that are maybe beyond your reckoning?

Because people don't think of Australia like the Soviet Union.

A democratic country that encourages citizens to return, then says they can't leave?

I was shocked to learn of this.

• Like 1