My Experience As a University Student During Covid 19

johnray

I feel I am part of a trial or something.  It has been a joke.

On four back to back occasions they did not check my temperature and just stuck the sticker on me regardless.

There is no disinfectant tray to walk through.  The alcohol gel is rarely used by anyone this should be enforced.

I observed one teacher not wearing the mask in the classroom at all for 3 hours.  And two teachers removing the mask during the lesson.  Once again the hand gel was not used by the teacher or students.  Multiple assistants, admin and heads of departments were not wearing masks all day.

The students are told to wear a mask but the teachers do not.

There was no social distancing in the classrooms.  In fact the teacher did the opposite and pushed the chairs closer together.

Maids and cleaning staff were seen on multiple occasions not wear a mask.

There is no social distancing at all in the food court.  Just hundreds of students crammed in sitting side by side.

There are zoom lessons but when I asked for the password the teacher laughed and said you come into the school.  He did not give me the password to join the online class.

However, another teacher did and was fine with it so there is some inconsistency.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Denim said:

The OP's observations are pretty common all over the country.

Does make you wonder just how accurate Thailands ' official ' Covid figures are.

Well, if few people are wearing masks, not social distancing, etc, and there are still no recorded infections, they I would say the government numbers are accurate....afterall, there SHOULD be infections under this situation, right? Where are all thesr sick people?

Schools have been back for the last 2 weeks - mine is very strict with taking temps, wearing face shields and masks, hand gel, etc. Still no recorded infections for school students, so far. 

• Like 1

I went to Tesco today and the girl who took my temperature didn't even bother to look at what her device read. Shoppers were walking around with masks hanging off their face. The attention span limit has been reached. Maybe they believe the Trump line that he has adopted from Thailand - as long as you don't test people then you don't have any Covid cases.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/11/2020 at 4:48 PM, BritManToo said:

My kid's back at junior school.

Picked him up after school yesterday, not one kid in the playground wearing a mask, me neither.

That's good. Forcing children to wear face masks for an indefinite period of time in this heat is child abuse.

I thought someone said they wanted to government to review these measures and loosen them.

In Vietnam it took just one week for the PM to declare masks as no longer being necessary when in class. Thailand should take a page from that seemingly common sense country.