African "footballer" gets red card for 881 day overstay: Immigration reveal how they snared him

webfact

47 minutes ago, webfact said:

Eric R., 32, from Ivory Coast was on 881 day overstay. 

He was originally registered as a footballer with Rayong FC but he didn't train with teammates and made frequent trips upcountry.

I'm guessing after Eric R., 32, from Ivory Coast  deported Rayong FC will announce the signing of a new International called Erik R., 32, from Ivory Coast

• Haha 2

I thought that there was no prostitution in Thailand. And anyway, if there IS, how is it that the police need a n informant to catch this guy?! Don't the local bobbies spend most of their time in these 'establishments that don't exist'?

1 hour ago, 2long said:

I thought that there was no prostitution in Thailand.

Apart from Thaivisa posters, some of whom like to imagine "quotes" or willfully distort them, who has ever said that "there is no prostitution on Thailand"?   The RTP never have, TAT never have, no ministers ever have so what made you think that?

Edited by Bob A Kneale

34 minutes ago, freesudani said:

Why they keep saying african instead mentioning him by his nationality , whenever someone from that continent do something everybody in the same continent is painted with the same brush. there are 50+ countries in africa , different traditions different religions different languages , but seems some people cant tell the difference.

Same reason many people use the term European, Asian or South American without criticism, I suppose, but does it matter?   Are you saying that he isn't an African or maybe you think he will be mistaken for someone from Seychelles?

Edited by Bob A Kneale

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Lots of African in Thailand mainly hiding behind " Thai girlfriend" serving as a front for the shady criminal activities, a while back i have been stung by of them flimflam african guy, not a good person in the lot of them... 

Lots of white westerners too, and I am sure they feel the same about you ???? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MadMac said:

Nicely racist report. Was it a local or an alien who got intimidated by a guy with a darker face then themselves?

Come on now! Tell us what is racist? Is not just that new new is telling about the man and who it is? Where does it stand that the local got intimidated?

Is it racist to report a suspicious thing? Really??? I would love to have your fantasy, but I would hate to believe it so blindly as you do.

• Like 1

"The foreigner was seen at drinking establishments where there was prostitution"

That description fits half of the ThaiVisa community, so you better watch out for shady locals!

2 hours ago, petedk said:

How?

It seems nearly all the over stayers that are caught are people who have been reported by Thais and not through the immigration's super duper biometrics system.

Did they use the "smart car"??

2 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Obviously that crack anti-prostitution team from Pattaya hasn't reached as far as Nong Khai yet ...

Pattaya anti-prostitution visit Non Khai ... we didn't find evidence of prostitution ... end of story

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Is it racist to report a suspicious thing? Really??? I would love to have your fantasy, but I would hate to believe it so blindly as you do.

You don't get it, do you? He did not do a thing, he was reported by a BetterHuman because that BetterHuman did not like his face. I call this not only racist but a shame that Thailand Understanders like you try to talk it right. Which it is clearly not to <deleted> your fellow neighbors.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Come on now! Tell us what is racist? Is not just that new new is telling about the man and who it is? Where does it stand that the local got intimidated?

What was so suspicious exactly? Was the guy dealing drugs? (article didn't say he was). Was he pimping prostitutes? (again, doesn't appear so). Was he doing something else illegal? If he was, immigration police would have plastered it all over the news, that's for sure.

Or maybe what's really suspicious is that he was black and sitting in a bar? Do you think the "informer" would have contacted the police if the guy was a Caucasian footballer from Germany or England, simply out at a bar enjoying himself? It's called racial profiling.

Not saying the guy didn't deserve what he got for overstaying. But if he were a Caucasian, he would have probably gone undetected. And if he were Caucasian, (some of) you racist people and the Thai who wrote that article would not have implied he was doing other illegal stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1