African "footballer" gets red card for 881 day overstay: Immigration reveal how they snared him

webfact

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Again, have a nice day Sir. ???? 

They actually look for volunteers at the immigration offices to help people do the right things. May this be something for you and to better all of us? ????

3 minutes ago, dluek said:

Right, black expats and white expats are treated exactly the same in Thailand. Nothing to see here...

(Seriously, just read the posts in this thread by member freesudani. Just read them.) 

So, we shall only read his posts??? Is he the oracle of knowledge? ????????

Or maybe, it´s just you that sees him as that. I think yu do believe everything you hear and read. That´s sad.

By the way, everybody knows that there are no such thing as a free Sudani.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Haha 1

He was not reported because he had black skin. He was reported for suspicious behavior.

Sitting in a bar. Terribly suspicious. As a white expat, I never sit in a bar. Whenever I do, some locals report me as "suspicious" and the police surround me. It's so tedious.

Seriously, before you move on, at least read the posts in this thread by member freesudani. Also might want to check out these stories of (non-criminal) black people in Thailand: 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2020/06/12/what-its-like-to-be-half-black-half-thai-suzies-story/

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/arts/2020/07/08/straight-outta-bangkok-what-its-like-to-be-a-nigerian-rapper-in-thailand/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dluek said:

Sitting in a bar. Terribly suspicious. As a white expat, I never sit in a bar. Whenever I do, some locals report me as "suspicious" and the police surround me. It's so tedious.

Seriously, before you move on, at least read the posts in this thread by member freesudani. Also might want to check out these stories of (non-criminal) black people in Thailand: 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2020/06/12/what-its-like-to-be-half-black-half-thai-suzies-story/

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/arts/2020/07/08/straight-outta-bangkok-what-its-like-to-be-a-nigerian-rapper-in-thailand/

???????????? Just quit, you making me laugh to death. Now it´s confirmed. You do believe all in the news too, or you might just select what´s inside your own interest and concerns your life. 

The only thing important in this story is: A guy was on a long overstay, and got what was coming to him. Well deserved! He did a good job, and now he will have to eat food in buckets in a room with 120-150 people wearing a facemask all the time. ????????

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, we shall only read his posts??? Is he the oracle of knowledge? ????????

Or maybe, it´s just you that sees him as that. I think yu do believe everything you hear and read. That´s sad.

By the way, everybody knows that there are no such thing as a free Sudani.

Who said to only read his/her posts? I suggested you pay attention to those posts because it's (apparently) the only account from a dark-skinned expat in this thread. But hey if you want to climb right back into the hole that is your closed minded beliefs, be my guest. 

13 minutes ago, MadMac said:

They actually look for volunteers at the immigration offices to help people do the right things. May this be something for you and to better all of us? ????

Now you are going to get Mr Penguin on you soon. He´s already profiling me and do not think that I can have more work than I already have. Please do not offer me more! ???? 

My life is perfect. By the way, there is a reason for that. I take care of my permission to stay in the countries I reside in.

• Haha 1

???????????? Just quit, you making me laugh to death. Now it´s confirmed. You do believe all in the news too, or you might just select what´s inside your own interest and concerns your life. 

Naw, I'm enjoying popping holes in your bubble of ignorance.

Would you believe that I actually know black expats in Thailand and have heard their first-hand stories of racial profiling and racism in Thailand, first hand? Amazing, I know... 

3 minutes ago, dluek said:

Who said to only read his/her posts? I suggested you pay attention to those posts because it's (apparently) the only account from a dark-skinned expat in this thread. But hey if you want to climb right back into the hole that is your closed minded beliefs, be my guest. 

I have no closed mind. Very open, and I treat everyone with the same medicine. Most people knows that I hate overstayers in this forum. Now you do that too. ???? 

That´s why I am happy he got reported and sent to a place where he belongs.

1 hour ago, freesudani said:
3 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Same reason many people use the term European, Asian or South American without criticism, I suppose, but does it matter?   Are you saying that he isn't an African or maybe you think he will be mistaken for someone from Seychelles?

What im saying is seems like a deliberate attempt to  demonize dark skin people

No, it doesn't, that's just how you're choosing to interpret it.  This is not about "demonizing" (Jesus...) a group of people, it's about one particular African.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

2 minutes ago, dluek said:

Naw, I'm enjoying popping holes in your bubble of ignorance.

Would you believe that I actually know black expats in Thailand and have heard their first-hand stories of racial profiling and racism in Thailand, first hand? Amazing, I know... 

Good for you. Please read my post before this one. Does not care if they are black, white, yellow or red. Deportation Time!

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

I have no closed mind. Very open, and I treat everyone with the same medicine. Most people knows that I hate overstayers in this forum. Now you do that too. ???? 

That´s why I am happy he got reported and sent to a place where he belongs.

Point is that everyone is not treated with the same medicine, are they? As the account by member freesudani as well as the accounts of the people interviewed in the article I shared as well as the accounts of numerous black expats in Thailand going back many years, people here are not treated with the same medicine at all. Not by you, not by the Thai media, and not by Thai authorities. That's the whole point. 

1 hour ago, freesudani said:

What im saying is seems like a deliberate attempt to  demonize dark skin people

Not at all. This guy managed to demonize himself by overstaying 881 days. If he was not on overstay, you would never have been reading this in the news.

54 minutes ago, freesudani said:

As a dark skinned person who lives in Bangkok for the past year i have to agree with you , i always carry around my passport with me coz the police here is always on the look out for dark skinned people , i cant remember the number of times i was stopped searched and asked for documentations ,  its kinda the norm , when motorbike of police officer pass by me as im walking most of the time they immediately stop  for no other reason other than they saw a black man.

Yep, and there is a reason for that. You can thank all your friends in Sukhumvit for that. ???? 

There is a good saying for all this. There is no smoke without a fire.

2 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

No, it doesn't, that's just how you're choosing to interpret it.

The wording of the article made it pretty clear. Beyond that, it's safe to assume he was treated differently because he's black. It's safe to assume that because it's common knowledge, to anyone paying attention, that black people are treated very differently than whites or other Asians in Thailand. There are endless accounts of dark-skinned expats being hassled (or worse) for no reason, from dark-skinned English teachers to tourists to half-Thai / half-Africans and on and on. 

6 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

If I am honest in all the years I have been in Thailand ( more than 10 less than twenty ) I doubt I have ever seen an African.

English, Welsh,Scottish, Irish, Dutch, French, Scandinavian, Icelandic, Danish, Belgian, Italian, Spanish, German, Australian, New Zealand, Portugese, Swiss, Korean, Laotian, Cambodia, Vietnamese,Japanese, Russian and American, but not African.

All over Bkk

9 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Not at all. This guy managed to demonize himself by overstaying 881 days. If he was not on overstay, you would never have been reading this in the news.

Yep, and there is a reason for that. You can thank all your friends in Sukhumvit for that. ???? 

There is a good saying for all this. There is no smoke without a fire.

Wow , that is such an ignorant statement , police should operate based on intelligence and information , not based on appearance , seems to me you are for racial profiling .

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dluek said:

Point is that everyone is not treated with the same medicine, are they? As the account by member freesudani as well as the accounts of the people interviewed in the article I shared as well as the accounts of numerous black expats in Thailand going back many years, people here are not treated with the same medicine at all. Not by you, not by the Thai media, and not by Thai authorities. That's the whole point. 

The whole point is that the Thai police and Immigration has been seeing a clear pattern between foreigners and drugs in this country. The biggest part of the dealers, pushers and small lords are from that part of the world. That´s why they are more on to that. 

Same like every country would do if they see a clear pattern. Because of that the good black people in Thailand gets to suffer. But a person that overstays 881 days can´t be considered good, right?

Edited by Matzzon

I am starting a new group ,its called B.O.M black overstayers matter and you will have to get down on both knees ,and also any racist statues must be pulled down ,oh sorry forgot i was in Thailand and not the west ,they dont beat their chests here and wear sackcloth and ashes. and constantly cry how evil and racist they are .

And there it is folks: The blatant admission of prejudice. I knew it wouldn't take long to get it out of him. It was stitched into his words from the start. The wild thing is he still doesn't see it within himself. 

Sure there are some Africans who sell drugs in Bangkok. There's also a huge Russian criminal presence in Pattaya. There are also a lot of caucasian expats who have been caught selling drugs in Thailand in recent years. There was a caucasian expat who shot his way out of a police station and was tracked down and killed at the Cambodian border. There was a caucasian who was caught running a drug dealing empire out of Ko Phangan. There was a caucasian who murdered an Indian-British man in front of his family on Phuket and was allowed to walk free. Studies in US, UK and other countries have proven that dark-skinned people are at least 5x more likely to be arrested by police for drug using / dealing even though the rates for those crimes between dark-skinned and white-skinned people are the same. You think it's any different here in Thailand?

One thing is for sure: what YOU just showed is that you believe black skin implies criminal behavior. Care to elaborate on that?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

If I am honest in all the years I have been in Thailand ( more than 10 less than twenty ) I doubt I have ever seen an African.

English, Welsh,Scottish, Irish, Dutch, French, Scandinavian, Icelandic, Danish, Belgian, Italian, Spanish, German, Australian, New Zealand, Portugese, Swiss, Korean, Laotian, Cambodia, Vietnamese,Japanese, Russian and American, but not African.

There aren't many, but if you go to the right areas of Bangkok, you'll see a few. Not sure about currently, but during normal times Africans like to hang out around Sukhumvit Soi 3, and smaller numbers are dispersed all over the Eastern Bangkok outer suburbs. Not sure what the attraction is for them with Eastern Bangkok as opposed to Western, Northern or Southern, but that's been my observation, which goes back all the way to the year 2000.

Now I've even spotted 2 Africans walking together along a highway somewhere in Isarn. I stared for a while as it's an uncommon sight, had to remember to look back at the road.

3 minutes ago, freesudani said:

Wow , that is such an ignorant statement , police should operate based on intelligence and information , not based on appearance , seems to me you are for racial profiling .

Really, what is ignorant? You say that the police should operate based on intelligence and information. That´s exactly what they did here.

Intelligence over many year is confirming that black people have been caught with drugs and for drug offences more than white people in Thailand. That´s why they are more suspicious. That´s not something the Thai police have created out of nothing. That´s intelligence and good police work.

Information. Yes, they got information about suspicious behaviour and acted on it. 

It was correct. He was guilty of overstay of 881 days. How do you get away from that? If you are black, you might be a good guy, but that is not a reason for not understanding why.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dluek said:

One thing is for sure: what YOU just showed is that you believe black skin implies criminal behavior. Care to elaborate on that?

No need to elaborate. I do not think and I do not say all. What I say is that intelligence and statistic tells a clear picture. In my world that´s called facts.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

black people have been caught with drugs and for drug offences more than white people in Thailand.

Ever stop and think that maybe that's because they've been racially profiled at least 5x more than white or other Asian people? 

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No need to elaborate. I do not think and I do not say all. What I say is that intelligence and statistic tells a clear picture. In my world that´s called facts.

What are your "facts"? That more black people have been arrested for drugs than white people? Ever stop and think that this is not because more black people are abusing drugs, but that more black people are arrested for it because of racial profiling and prejudice? The exact same type of prejudice, in fact, that you yourself displayed in your "ever been to Sukhumvit?" statement.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The foreigner was seen at drinking establishments where there was prostitution.

That settles it then.  Deport deport deport!

42 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Now I've even spotted 2 Africans walking together along a highway somewhere in Isarn. I stared for a while as it's an uncommon sight, had to remember to look back at the road.

How did you know they were Africans?

59 minutes ago, dluek said:

Ever stop and think that maybe that's because they've been racially profiled at least 5x more than white or other Asian people? 

Yes, of course I have. Then that mean it´s a result out of many´s behaviour. Profiling is what the police do as one tool to prevent more crimes. Just sad that there is so many bad apples in that bunch so profiling is needed. It doesn´t come from nowhere, right They didn´t make up the statistics just for fun, right?