African "footballer" gets red card for 881 day overstay: Immigration reveal how they snared him

webfact

1 hour ago, dluek said:

What are your "facts"? That more black people have been arrested for drugs than white people? Ever stop and think that this is not because more black people are abusing drugs, but that more black people are arrested for it because of racial profiling and prejudice? The exact same type of prejudice, in fact, that you yourself displayed in your "ever been to Sukhumvit?" statement.

No, never ever thought about that, because the social profiling, not racial, and the prejudice is in place because of long time results. Why I say social profiling is because that is what it should be called. Unfortunately black people becomes a majority in the area we are discussing in Thailand.

7 hours ago, petedk said:

You obviously never go to Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok. 

I live Ekamai/Thong Lor area and I often see them Africans around here.

That's because you live in a ghetto

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, of course I have. Then that mean it´s a result out of many´s behaviour. Profiling is what the police do as one tool to prevent more crimes. Just sad that there is so many bad apples in that bunch so profiling is needed. It doesn´t come from nowhere, right They didn´t make up the statistics just for fun, right?

It’s basic math. If police are racially profiling and pull over and search 5x as many black people as white people (which they do in Thailand and elsewhere), and both black and white people are using/selling drugs at the same rate (which has been shown time and again), then police will find 5x more black drug users/dealers than white drug users/dealers. Yet to someone who does not see things beyond the surface, like you, this discrepancy equates to “facts” showing that black people have more “bad apples” than white or Asian people. That is wrong wrong and extremely ignorant / narrow-minded.

Your statement that “there are so many bad apples in that bunch” is again a glaring indication of how you see the world through a lens of racial prejudice. And that is saying nothing of the colonialism and slavery in the past that is still, right now, contributing to your prejudicial viewpoint in all sorts of ways. 

2 hours ago, MadMac said:

No farang was arrested, so where did you get that story from now?

If you are replying to me I said: "farang have been arrested" 

"Have" meaning in the past.

Plenty of news of farang being arrested for overstaying on TVF over the past few months. 

2 hours ago, freesudani said:

Wow , that is such an ignorant statement , police should operate based on intelligence and information , not based on appearance , seems to me you are for racial profiling .

You say "police should operate based on intelligence and information". Well the police were provided with information that a African man had been acting suspiciously, so they acted on information, thus It was not racial profiling, at least not by the police. 

1 hour ago, balo said:

Nothing racist about this.  If it was a white foreigner on 881 days overstay he would have been reported as well.
Don't use the racist card every time a black man get arrested, or else we will end up as America. 

“End up as America.” Right, America is having protests because people are “using the race card.” Can’t imagine it has something to do with the centuries of kidnapping millions of Africans as slaves and then the structural racism that has continued to this day. No, must be only “the race card.” Similar to playing Go Fish, really, except it’s about race! ????

10 minutes ago, dluek said:

“End up as America.” Right, America is having protests because people are “using the race card.” Can’t imagine it has something to do with the centuries of kidnapping millions of Africans as slaves and then the structural racism that has continued to this day. No, must be only “the race card.” Similar to playing Go Fish, really, except it’s about race! ????

Most Africans were sold into slavery by other Africans as opposed to your claim of kidnapping. 

Very interested to know what "structural racism" you are referring to?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dluek said:

It’s basic math. If police are racially profiling and pull over and search 5x as many black people as white people (which they do in Thailand and elsewhere), and both black and white people are using/selling drugs at the same rate (which has been shown time and again), then police will find 5x more black drug users/dealers than white drug users/dealers. Yet to someone who does not see things beyond the surface, like you, this discrepancy equates to “facts” showing that black people have more “bad apples” than white or Asian people. That is wrong wrong and extremely ignorant / narrow-minded.

Your statement that “there are so many bad apples in that bunch” is again a glaring indication of how you see the world through a lens of racial prejudice. And that is saying nothing of the colonialism and slavery in the past that is still, right now, contributing to your prejudicial viewpoint in all sorts of ways. 

You are still trying to make this equal, when it´s not. The police in Thailand did not decide to search black people more from start. That is a result of the findings trough time based on pure statistics. Can you just let go of it. You are just trying to twist the reality to fit your given mindset. Open your eyes.

Not knowing all the details.....  not considering nationality/race. 2+ years you see a middle 30 age person everyday ... seems they don’t  work or go to school. Doesn’t seem to be married to a Thai... How is the person staying here legally? .... 

or  they crossed someone and got thrown under the bus.

never been in the area so don’t know big.small... populated.. 

16 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

If I am honest in all the years I have been in Thailand ( more than 10 less than twenty ) I doubt I have ever seen an African.

English, Welsh,Scottish, Irish, Dutch, French, Scandinavian, Icelandic, Danish, Belgian, Italian, Spanish, German, Australian, New Zealand, Portugese, Swiss, Korean, Laotian, Cambodia, Vietnamese,Japanese, Russian and American, but not African.

Many in BKK

11 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Really, what is ignorant? You say that the police should operate based on intelligence and information. That´s exactly what they did here.

Intelligence over many year is confirming that black people have been caught with drugs and for drug offences more than white people in Thailand. That´s why they are more suspicious. That´s not something the Thai police have created out of nothing. That´s intelligence and good police work.

Information. Yes, they got information about suspicious behaviour and acted on it. 

It was correct. He was guilty of overstay of 881 days. How do you get away from that? If you are black, you might be a good guy, but that is not a reason for not understanding why.

You have no idea what the terms "information" and "intelligence" is about  , why do you think every police department have a detective and investigation unit ? , why do you think they employ "spies" on the ground, why do you think they have the right to tap your phone ? ....so you can just be lazy ?... if they wanna be more suspicious of people of darker skin (which sounds funny)  they can by increasing their surveillance or focus but thats not how they do it .....the way they do it  is they just see a random black person walking down the street and among all other people they arrest him and search him just coz he has a darker skin ....by doing it this way you let alot of actual criminals off the hook you are wasting recourses and sending the wrong message to the public ... the pattern you are talking about is it based on nationality or skin color ? ... i got police officers after arresting me admitting that they got problems with Nigerians ..i told him but i already proved to you im not a Nigerian but still  the chose to arrest me ... so the pattern they have is people of that nationality ...but they choose the skin color rout coz its easier to detect...with no regards to the innocent victims they suffer and the toxic environment they create because of this.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's Immigration Police in Nong Khai have revealed their tactics in arresting an African man on overstay. 

Nothing, a member of the public did all the leg work, otherwise he'd still be here.

So your from the Sudan. Whats your reaction and thoughts towards Nigerians who are in general Loud n Flash, when Sudanese fit in nicely.  Fact is they are totally unwanted by many these days regarding employment up Country caused by their brash, even Rapper Like attitude...:coffee1:

5 hours ago, freesudani said:

You have no idea what the terms "information" and "intelligence" is about  , why do you think every police department have a detective and investigation unit ? , why do you think they employ "spies" on the ground, why do you think they have the right to tap your phone ? ....so you can just be lazy ?... if they wanna be more suspicious of people of darker skin (which sounds funny)  they can by increasing their surveillance or focus but thats not how they do it .....the way they do it  is they just see a random black person walking down the street and among all other people they arrest him and search him just coz he has a darker skin ....by doing it this way you let alot of actual criminals off the hook you are wasting recourses and sending the wrong message to the public ... the pattern you are talking about is it based on nationality or skin color ? ... i got police officers after arresting me admitting that they got problems with Nigerians ..i told him but i already proved to you im not a Nigerian but still  the chose to arrest me ... so the pattern they have is people of that nationality ...but they choose the skin color rout coz its easier to detect...with no regards to the innocent victims they suffer and the toxic environment they create because of this.

Then I will end the discussion with a last explanation. If this is a result of the Nigerians engaging in criminal activity it´s not the police you should blame, rather blame your fellow dark skin members from another country. The police here are just finding their best solution to the problem, to uphold the law.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 5:28 AM, OneeyedJohn said:

If I am honest in all the years I have been in Thailand ( more than 10 less than twenty ) I doubt I have ever seen an African.

English, Welsh,Scottish, Irish, Dutch, French, Scandinavian, Icelandic, Danish, Belgian, Italian, Spanish, German, Australian, New Zealand, Portugese, Swiss, Korean, Laotian, Cambodia, Vietnamese,Japanese, Russian and American, but not African.

I've met quite a few from the Cameroons working, would you believe, as English teachers. All in lower Buriram.

On 7/10/2020 at 7:44 PM, dluek said:

^Highly racist statement right here. Not to mention that it’s one of the wealthiest part of Bangkok.

Ignore him.

Edit: On the other hand let me give more details.

No I don't live in a ghetto. If I lived in a ghetto my neighbours wouldn't be driving the Porches, Ferraris, and other expensive cars that they do, even though the police patrol this area 2 or 3 times a day.

I have seen a few on Thong Lor and several around Emporium/Emquartier area. Some of them are definitely crooks and try it on with the "Hello ... don't i know you?.... I am a bank director from..." and so on.

There are some good ones though.

I have worked with a professor from Nigeria and have taught 2 or 3 Nigerians at an International university. 

Edited by petedk