Hand sanitizer warning

davemos

Hi in light of the withdrawal of hand sanitizers in UK containing methanol ,.Is there a safe effective one here that is methanol free.The UK has said that use of certain hand wash can cause blindness and other issues .Thanks 

I'm not sure about the blindness, but I'm extremely sentive to perfumes and colognes. Some of the hand cleaners I have used in the past months have almost put me flat on my back.  I now use rubber surgical gloves when entering places or tell any such attendants at the door I will wash my hands in the restroom.  Additionally, I carry my own alcohol/unscented hand cleaner to avoid situations where the content of various products are unknown... 

Some of the hand sanitizers used at stores entrances seem a little suspect to say the least !!

My local Big C have been using Dettol mixed with water !!

Yesterday I used some “ sanitizer “ in Makro , turned out to be liquid soap, in a hand sanitizer bottle, what a sticky mess, don’t recommend !!

Too much use of sanitisers can destroy your bodies own natural protection.
Remember every time you use a proffered sanitiser at a store many people have also touched the same bottle / pen etc.    In some ways it may be better to use soap in the restroom.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

Too much use of sanitisers can destroy your bodies own natural protection.
Remember every time you use a proffered sanitiser at a store many people have also touched the same bottle / pen etc.    In some ways it may be better to use soap in the restroom.

Why should that matter if you sanitise both before and after usage?

• 2 weeks later...