Just had a blood test, blood thick?

giddyup

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

All I'm saying is that more water isn't necessarily the answer. 

Treatment
  1. Antiplatelet therapy: This involves medication that inhibits platelets, or the blood cells responsible for clotting, from forming clots. Aspirin is an example of antiplatelet therapy.
  2. Anticoagulation therapy: This involves medicine to inhibit blood clotting at the level of the coagulation factors.

I never said that it was. Quote from my post: possibly among other measures.

Edited by Pilotman

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I never said that it was. Quote from my post: possibly among other measures.

No, but you are suggesting that I'll have a heart attack or stroke I I don't drink more water.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

No, but you are suggesting that I'll have a heart attack or stroke I I don't drink more water.

it's your life.  Ask for medical advice and opinions on a general forum,  and that's what you get.  Take it or leave it, up to you.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Plenty of 'qualified medical professionals' here today.  Always reassuring.

TV never disappoints at number of 'experts' on any given topic.

Many of the 'experts' have numerous fields of expertise as well.

An 81 mg aspirin is commonly recommended by doctors as a blood thinner.

Cheap and effective...believed to reduce chances of a heart attack.  Been taking one for years with little side effects.   

You may bruise more easily...especially your arms...bumping into things may leave a temporary mark on your skin.

Good Luck!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Results of the blood test show zero problems.

That means little without knowing what was tested.  And blood tests are just one tool and really need a doctor to determine what blood and other tests may be called for - but if you feeling fine with no known conditions other than the treated high blood pressure probably not a lot of testing required.  Health to you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

My doctor prescribed a baby asprin ,one every night after my heart by pass 30 yrs ago ,i think they work ,as for drinking a lot i have to force myself as i never feel thirsty ,seriously,

Me too .... the not feeling thirsty.

7 hours ago, dddave said:

If "thick blood" persists, there is a condition called "Polycinthia Vera" you should be checked for.  It.s a condition where-in the body produces too many red blood cells which can eventually be very dangerous. 

A friend has this and periodically has to see a "Phlebotomist": that is a medical technician trained in removing excess blood.

This is it if your Hematocrit level or Red Blood Cells are too high.  Treatment if your iron level is adequate is letting blood every 3 months.  No other treatment aside from natural, don't drink alcohol and drink as much water as you can. If you are on TRT, you need to adjust this, your doc can help with this.