BANGKOK
Marvest

Entry to Thailand for foreigners who own a condo - Is there a "special exception"?

No, condo ownership has not been floated in any discussion as a special exception. That said, you can always try applying to your local Thai embassy, there have been many stories of different special cases being accepted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't come now as nor you or your good lady qualify to enter this country, however, things in this country changes from day to day and there's a good chance that later this year you will be able to enter until than sit tight...

• Like 1

So, this is not your permanent residence and she is not Thai?

If not, you do not qualify.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They authorities are trying get a few people into the country that they think is most important. Condo ownership might be on the next list.

It was never before important enough to obtain a visa because of it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

"...I realized when looking deeper into immigration years ago, owning property entitled me to NO immigration benefits..."

I can't say I researched it deeply.  It sounds like you made the best decision for you.  I was not expecting immigration benefits or entitlements when I made the purchase.  It fit well with my big picture plans and I was willing to accept the Thai Immigration Standard Operating Procedures as published at the time.

The reason I posted this topic is because the SOP has changed due to COVID-19 and I was seeking clarification.  Apparently there will be a revised SOP published in two days.  

• Like 1