Jump to content

Channel 7 report: No tourists and desperate times for vendors/ hotels in Pattaya


Recommended Posts

On 9/3/2020 at 3:51 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Fair enough.

 

Thailand is far more "capitalist" than most of the countries we farangs come from, which is why we went there- cheap bargirls.

That's why we are concerned that the government isn't giving them any support, but that's the other side of the coin from the good times we knew before.

Can't have it both ways. If LOS goes socialist and provides unemployment support the taxes go up and BGs get more expensive.

 

No, it's why you went there. Who is this we? No, it's just you and your opinion. If some other sex tourists want to agree with you, they can like your post. Otherwise it's just you.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and why should they with the way they have been treated over the last 30 years? They have been scammed one too many times and are booking their 40 quid flights to Spain instead.   I can

The people on the 5k a month handout are not the ones taking holidays and filling the 3-5 star hotels, it's the other segment of Thai society, the middle classes who would normally have gone overseas,

Was speaking to a Thai friend of mine recently and she said "the economy will recover soon because everyone wants to visit Thailand". Had a bit of a laugh at that and chatted about how expensive Thail

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

 

No, it's why you went there. Who is this we? No, it's just you and your opinion. If some other sex tourists want to agree with you, they can like your post. Otherwise it's just you.

 

No other reason to come to Pattaya except for the sex trade.  It's not like it has a nice beach, or surrounded by nature.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Leaver said:

No other reason to come to Pattaya except for the sex trade.  It's not like it has a nice beach, or surrounded by nature.  

Most sunny days in Thailand. It was one of the reasons I selected it. The others at the time were availability of internet (back in 2007 it was still an issue) and complete absence of feminism, thanks to the flesh trade. Sun is still here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Most sunny days in Thailand. It was one of the reasons I selected it. The others at the time were availability of internet (back in 2007 it was still an issue) and complete absence of feminism, thanks to the flesh trade. Sun is still here.

Climate is one of the big reasons I am in this region also, but without the sex trade, what else has Pattaya, as a city, really go to offer?  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Leaver said:

No other reason to come to Pattaya except for the sex trade.  It's not like it has a nice beach, or surrounded by nature.  

 

A confession it seems. Speak for yourself. Some of us have different reasons for being here that have absolutely nothing to do with the sex trade or any other shady kind of business. I am here purely as a holidaymaker. Such as shame that your imagination is so limited in this matter.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Climate is one of the big reasons I am in this region also, but without the sex trade, what else has Pattaya, as a city, really go to offer?  

Compared to other cities in the country, quite a lot for a Westerner. (Bangkok is just too big and snarled up). This was all more apparent some years ago when there were only 3-4 decent cities that even had supermarkets and cinemas. Pattaya was on the sea and I liked fishing. Good proximity to Bangkok and the airport. Shopping facilities above and beyond many other places. Wide selection of dining options of all nations under the sun. Cheap accommodation.

I used to also stay in Nakhon Ratsasima a good amount and it was chalk and cheese! That sense of anticipation coming through Sri Racha was high....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Leaver said:

I openly admit I am here for the nightlife.  

Many does. 

 

19 years ago, my Thai wife and myself moved from Bangkok to Pattaya (Darkside).

I tried Korat, where she is from, but it didn't work.

I need too much western stuff, and Pattaya provide this, practically like Bangkok does. 

That it also supply other "things", for specific people, is something I can live with. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Leaver said:

I openly admit I am here for the nightlife.  

 

Of all the places you could have gone, is Pattaya the best place you could chose for a "holiday?"  Seriously?  

 

Yes. If my friends are here, working legitimately. Not an issue to travel further to a better beach when the mood takes. Supermarkets have a ok range of International foods. Beachfront accommodation not too expensive.

Sometimes you just need to switch your brain to 'ON', to see the possibilities, rather than obsessing over the availability of prostitutes.

 

Sad really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Compared to other cities in the country, quite a lot for a Westerner. (Bangkok is just too big and snarled up). This was all more apparent some years ago when there were only 3-4 decent cities that even had supermarkets and cinemas. Pattaya was on the sea and I liked fishing. Good proximity to Bangkok and the airport. Shopping facilities above and beyond many other places. Wide selection of dining options of all nations under the sun. Cheap accommodation.

I used to also stay in Nakhon Ratsasima a good amount and it was chalk and cheese! That sense of anticipation coming through Sri Racha was high....

Allow me to clarify, "without the sex trade, what else has Pattaya, as a city, really got to offer FOR TOURISTS?"

 

I agree with everything you mentioned, and it's great for expats, but would you bring your wife and kids here for a holiday?  Would you come here for a honeymoon?  Would you come here  with your girlfriend for a holiday?  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Many does. 

 

19 years ago, my Thai wife and myself moved from Bangkok to Pattaya (Darkside).

I tried Korat, where she is from, but it didn't work.

I need too much western stuff, and Pattaya provide this, practically like Bangkok does. 

That it also supply other "things", for specific people, is something I can live with. 

 

Totally agree.  I chose Pattaya for the climate, proximity to a major hub airport, proximity to embassies, availability of western things, particularly cuisine,  good medical, affordability, nightlife, festivals etc.  All good things for expats. 

 

That said, as a western tourist, not a sex tourists, would you holiday to Pattaya?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Allow me to clarify, "without the sex trade, what else has Pattaya, as a city, really got to offer FOR TOURISTS?"

That and the wonderful Nong Nooch! Come on there are loads of attractions and theme parks around, most of them mainly concrete models yes..... the  water parks and beach are tourist attractions. Then there are all them Malls!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

That said, as a western tourist, not a sex tourists, would you holiday to Pattaya?

Only if I could get laid...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

That said, as a western tourist, not a sex tourists, would you holiday to Pattaya?

 Not really, if one is a beach lover. 

For golf amateurs and others, 

Pattaya has a lot of  very nice hotels (After Bangkok) at very decent prices (Even before Covid). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

 

Yes. If my friends are here, working legitimately. Not an issue to travel further to a better beach when the mood takes. Supermarkets have a ok range of International foods. Beachfront accommodation not too expensive.

Sometimes you just need to switch your brain to 'ON', to see the possibilities, rather than obsessing over the availability of prostitutes.

 

Sad really.

Are you working in Pattaya?  I didn't get that impression from your previous post/s.  I was under the impression you had long holidays in Pattaya.  

 

Did you consider one of the islands in Thailand? 

 

Pattaya is city by the sea, not as nice as many other places in Thailand, or South East Asia. 

 

Then, you have the undesirables, Thai's and farang, that are drawn here by the sex trade.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...