Thailand reports no new Covid-19 cases

webfact

No new Covid-19 cases

By The Nation

REUTERS.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Reuters

There were no new cases of Covid-19 over a 24-hour period, the government's Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration said on Friday (July 10).

It was also the 46th day without any domestic cases.

Two patients recovered fully and returned home.

As of July 11, the total number of confirmed cases in the country since the outbreak stood at 3,202 (2,444 domestic cases and 265 in state quarantine) -- 57 are under treatment, 3,085 have recovered and been discharged and there have been 58 deaths.

Globally, the total number of confirmed cases passed 12.3 million, up by 220,000 on Thursday, of whom 7.1 million have recovered while more than 557,000 have died. Thailand remains 99th among countries with the most number of cases in the world. The US has the highest number (3.2 million), followed by Brazil (1.7 million) and India (800,000).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391061

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-10

• Like 1

It turns out this is more of a burden than a blessing.

No more international tourism allowed for at least one more year.

Edited by Berti

I am not saying that this is true, but I did read somewhere that over a million people died worldwide in the Asian flu during the fifties, and there were no shutdowns or schools closed then. That has me wondering if when this corona virus started, and things just carried on throughout the world without any lockdowns, what the world would be like today. 

Would all these people who lost their livelihoods, still have them? I am not saying that is the case, but I

just wonder.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am not saying that this is true, but I did read somewhere that over a million people died worldwide in the Asian flu during the fifties, and there were no shutdowns or schools closed then. That has me wondering if when this corona virus started, and things just carried on throughout the world without any lockdowns, what the world would be like today. 

Would all these people who lost their livelihoods, still have them? I am not saying that is the case, but I

just wonder.

The ones that managed to avoid death might.

• Like 1

The average age of death in most countries appears to be over 80 years old.  Apart from that the majority of people had underlying illness.

So to save the elderly who are not working and not paying tax, and many who are not working as they are sick -  the worlds governments have put lots of healthy young tax paying people out of work.

People also seem to forget that Spanish Flu in the 1st year was very mild...............it was in the 2nd year it mutated and became super deadly...........but all those who got the first version in year 1 were immune from the deadly version in year 2.  

If history teaches humans anything its, dont isolate yourself..........the consequences are far more deadly than taking it on the nose the first time.

21 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

The average age of death in most countries appears to be over 80 years old.  Apart from that the majority of people had underlying illness.

So to save the elderly who are not working and not paying tax, and many who are not working as they are sick -  the worlds governments have put lots of healthy young tax paying people out of work.

People also seem to forget that Spanish Flu in the 1st year was very mild...............it was in the 2nd year it mutated and became super deadly...........but all those who got the first version in year 1 were immune from the deadly version in year 2.  

If history teaches humans anything its, dont isolate yourself..........the consequences are far more deadly than taking it on the nose the first time.

There are about 550.000 people that would wish they had isolated given the chance. . I would like to see proof that the average age of Covid19 deaths are over 80 years old. 

And by the way young man I'm elderly and still pay taxes. 

9 hours ago, RR2020 said:

From an economic view you are absolutely right. A society where only working people are left is economically more efficient.

Of course not true from an individual perspective, everyone wants to live.

I think we will only know in 2-3 years if the death numbers are really higher or if people only died 1-2 years earlier.