Travel to Taiwan

pjmorton

I have a valid retirement visa here in Thailand and have been stuck here since the beginning of the lockdown, meeting all reporting requirements. I use a U.S. passport but also hold permanent residency in Taiwan, (a place whose Covid-19 history is just as clean as Thailand's) and I have business to attend to there, after which I will return here, with no need to visit any other place. But I don't know how to arrange that. I fear the moment I set foot outside the country they will lock the door behind me and throw away the key. I don't relish getting into a debate with the immigration employees upon my arrival back here, so I would like to make some clear arrangements in advance, and have something in writing to show them. Suggestions welcome how to proceed.

12 hours ago, pjmorton said:

I have a valid retirement visa here in Thailand and have been stuck here since the beginning of the lockdown, meeting all reporting requirements. I use a U.S. passport but also hold permanent residency in Taiwan, (a place whose Covid-19 history is just as clean as Thailand's) and I have business to attend to there, after which I will return here, with no need to visit any other place. But I don't know how to arrange that. I fear the moment I set foot outside the country they will lock the door behind me and throw away the key...

it looks like you have to make a decision where, in a worst case scenario, you prefer to get stuck, in Thailand or in Taiwan.

In both places, the entry requirements and restrictions are bound to change, for better or worse, depending on how the Covid-19 situation progresses and nobody can make a prediction now about what the situation will be like on any future date.