Pick-up truck mows down rescuers who were helping another victim

webfact

Pick-up truck mows down rescuers who were helping another victim

By THE NATION

800_d95b9c670e5350f.png?v=1594366242

Rescue officials were mowed down by a black pick-up truck while they were trying to resuscitate an accident victim on the street.

At 9.30pm on Thursday (July 9), Ruam Katanyu Foundation in Lopburi province were informed of a motorcycle accident in Ban Mi district. The site of the accident was close to the office of Sawang Ariyo, another rescue agency, so officials from both agencies responded to the situation and were working on trying to resuscitate the man.

Then suddenly a black pickup truck showed up to mow down six rescue officials and the injured person. The victims were immediately taken to hospital, but four succumbed to their injuries, including one Ruam Katanyu official, two Sawang Ariyo staff, one of whom was pregnant, as well as the man injured in the motorcycle accident.

The pickup driver has been arrested and is being investigated.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391069

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-10

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

The driver will have some lame excuse like 'Brake Failure', 'Lap Nai', 'Wet Road' or 'The Vehicle Lost Control'...not me, the Vehicle !

He will plead guilty to something far less than what he has done and walk after paying a paltry 'fine' that he can afford and becoming a Monk for a week.

RIP those lost; they didn't deserve it.

maybe he will blame facebook or the TV he installed on his dashboard 

• Like 1

If you have tinted windshield, like 90% of Thai cars have, you can't see pedestrians and bicyclists in the dark (or rescues resuscitating a man). It's impossible to see anything that doesn't have lights. I bought second hand car with tinted windshield. First time i have to drive it in the dark was extremely scary. Then I removed it.

I bet he didn't see any of them until he hit them.

• Like 2

The driver should be charged with murder and spend their remaining years 

in a jail cell.  This is Thailand however and if this jerk is from any powerful

family, it will not be the case.  Time to start treating your murdering drivers

more seriously and give them at least a long prison sentence, Thailand

Geezer

• Like 1

What a shame that a government headed by a general is not able to do what it takes to reduce the number of road victims: it says a lot about its dedication and its capacity to have laws enforced, except against those who dare criticize it. Everyday enforcement is all it would take, with hefty fines, prison terms and confiscation of vehicles on the spot: if systematically applied, these measures would go a long way but of course you would need a clean, efficient and responsible police force. 
Why did general Happiness give up on reforming the police? What was he afraid of?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, smedly said:

three reasons 

- they couldn't give a       unless something is filling their pockets

- they don't know how and there is no accountability 

- it would cost a lot of money even if they had a clue

Mostly right except costing a lot of money.

They could start simple with running red lights, then move into 

speeding. 

Sure some poor Thais will be hurt, but something needs to be done.

These speeders, they need to hold the vehicle until the fine is paid

for anything more than 10 over the speed limit.

Until Thailand is will to make fines strong enough to hurt

nothing will change.

A 500 baht fine is just stupid, start out at 3000 and go up

from their.

Confiscate cars and property, then the word will get out quick.

Of course that would all depend on cops being honest and 

stop taking bribes to let people go.

Like that could happen.

23 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

The driver will have some lame excuse like 'Brake Failure', 'Lap Nai', 'Wet Road' or 'The Vehicle Lost Control'...not me, the Vehicle !

He will plead guilty to something far less than what he has done and walk after paying a paltry 'fine' that he can afford and becoming a Monk for a week.

RIP those lost; they didn't deserve it.

Ah well, that's it.

Case closed.

23 hours ago, anchadian said:

When will Thailand’s road carnage, the total disregard for road safety, be properly addressed by a government? It’s absurd for the Thai government to take pride in keeping Covid-19 deaths below 60, when it fails to stop preventable road deaths exceeding 20,000 a year

The Thaiger

LOPBURI Yesterday at 9:50pm, 3 rescue volunteers had passed away while on duty, they were providing emergency first aid and CPR to a motorcycle crash victim in Ban Mi district (Northern Lopburi) when they were all hit by a speeding pickup truck. http://thethaiger.com

I agree wholeheartedly.  If I may add to your point, it is generally accepted that for every person killed on the roads, 10 more are seriously injured.

The financial cost of this is horrific ... not to mention the families shattered by having to look after and care for a dependent member.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2020 at 4:32 PM, poohy said:

What amazes me and frankly i dont understand it...Re protection .... 

I was driving around today and  you see many motorcyclists wearing masks but no helmet

does it not make them think ...silly me

It takes at least half a brain to 'think' and many are somewhat lacking in that department.   The rest are convinced that some piece of trash around their wrist or hanging on their vehicle will save them from 'Evil Spirits' that cause all these accidents !

• Like 2