UK: Impending Wealth Tax

On 7/10/2020 at 2:56 PM, wordchild said:

My own personal view, but the U.K NHS has been really exposed by this crisis.

The  Brits seem to love it, but it’s performance, in terms of protecting the British People,  seems to have been woeful.

I would not have access to the NHS, at least for free, but that worries me not one jot!

its treated as a precious child, with a degree of respect that, on the evidence, it just does not deserve. 

you are mis/un informed, the nhs is an excellent health care provider, during the virus it has been badly let down by the government and health secretary in particular, i know people who work for the nhs so am aware of the difficulties they have faced. i know people who have been and are being treated by the nhs, no one has any complaints about the first class care provided.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

Got a Brit friend here in Thailand who gets UK and Aussie pensions (UK pension never increases).

Odd that, as you're not legally entitled to both.

Oz government collects your Brit pension on your behalf and uses it to fund your Oz pension.

Sounds like a swindle to me, but that's the way it's supposed to work.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kingdong said:

you can thank tony blair for stopping nhs cover for ex pats.

Overseas visitor hospital charging was introduced in 2015.  I could have sworn that David Cameron was Prime Minister then.

15 hours ago, Oxx said:

Overseas visitor hospital charging was introduced in 2015.  I could have sworn that David Cameron was Prime Minister then.

Different issues: Overseas visitor hospital charging  and stopping NHS cover for British expats introduced at different times, by different Governments

And I, quite frankly, find it hard to consider thanking either Tony B Liar OR Cameroon Biscuit  for anything....except f***ing off!

Trouble with Blair is the ba****d's dead but he won't lie down!!!

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 1:33 AM, BritManToo said:

Oz government collects your Brit pension on your behalf and uses it to fund your Oz pension.

Sounds like he has told both countries he is a resident of both countries, all the while he is living in Thailand, and a resident of neither.  I can't see this system lasting too long.  

On 7/26/2020 at 1:33 AM, BritManToo said:

He clarified that is the case. He gets both UK & OZ pensions they are then consolidated and paid by Oz.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Sounds like he has told both countries he is a resident of both countries, all the while he is living in Thailand, and a resident of neither.  I can't see this system lasting too long.  

He clarified that is the case. He gets both UK & OZ pensions they are then consolidated and paid by Oz.

8 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Consolidated and paid for by Oz means one pension.  The way I read it, he was receiving two pensions.