Thais Lower Guard against COVID

snoop1130

Thais Lower Guard against COVID

1594356153538-960x0.jpg

BANGKOK, July 10 (TNA) -- Thai people are lenient in protecting themselves from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), according to the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

CCSA spokesman Taweesin Visanuyothin said a survey on more than 400,000 people in the country found that 80.7% of respondents were serious about the self-protection. The percentage dropped from 85.3% in a previous survey.

The latest survey also showed that failure to use the Thaichana app for check-ins and checkouts to facilitate disease investigation happened to 46.9% of wet markets, 17.1% of department stores and 15.4% of shops at malls.

Of the respondents, 44.5% supported the arrivals of Thai returnees, 45.2% disagreed with ‘travel bubble’ tourism and 69.2% opposed international tourism. Meanwhile, 40.5% were confident that the government would be able to control the second spread of COVID-19.

Full Story: https://www.mcot.net/viewtna/5f07f1c4e3f8e40af145e54e

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-07-10

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
12 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Don't be silly, it appears miraculously in the back of taxis.

And it is always returned to the rightful owner, without exception. 

I apologise for my earlier post above. I realise that I omitted to add my usual footnote:

<For the hard-of-learning: The text above may contain traces of sarcasm>

I see that so far five members realised it.

However, I'm curious as to how you know the money is 'always' returned 'without exception'?

We see numerous articles about money being returned to forgetful passengers.

I would have thought there must be a few cases where the 'finder' (taxi driver or even subsequent passenger) could have kept kept the cash without reporting it.

Unless of course you know different?

I am glad that Asia is still cautious about the Covid virus, and I have seen the 

PM with his mask on, unlike the goof in the USA who has possible worn a mask

in private.  I have even seen the other government officials in Thailand wear their

masks, and even social distance. The USA has so many cases still happening

as they do not get how important it is to quit gathering in groups and not

wear masks , social distance, or even just stay home for a month.

Until there is an effective vaccine, nobody should be letting their guard down.

Geezer

• Like 2

The Thaichana app is a pain in the ass to use. When visiting shopping malls, you constantly have to check in and out of every shop you visit. But since nobody in the shops care if you actually do that, I tend to have started to "forget" to comply. Why couldn´t they have made the app to work without connecting to a website, and just check you in/out as soon as you scan the QR Code??

• Like 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Of the respondents, 44.5% supported the arrivals of Thai returnees, 45.2% disagreed with ‘travel bubble’ tourism and 69.2% opposed international tourism.

If anything, this shows the success rate of constant scaremongering.

• Like 2

When I went to the office yesterday morning, I walked about 150 meters down the soi!

There were around 70 people out and about and not even half of them were masks at all or on their chin!

Me and 2 other foreigners: masked!

But I have to admit: one of us looked a bit unwashed!

(Wasn't me!)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JCP108 said:

According to that article though, that wasn't random testing of the general population, the testing was only done on high-risk individuals,

Dr. Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai, the department's director-general, said the ministry has conducted nearly 100,000 coronavirus tests on medical personnel, delivery people, public-transport officials, prison guards, inmates, mail carriers, migrant workers and those working in public and entertainment venues.

20% positive in truly random testing would be absolutely astounding, given that the rate in some of the countries worst affected by the coronavirus, like the UK and Spain, is only around 7%. Most other countries I've seen statistics for, report similar figures.

The following is from the Office of National Statistics (ONS) in the UK:

As of 24 May 2020, 6.78% [...] of individuals from whom blood samples were taken tested positive for antibodies to the coronavirus (COVID-19).

ONS CoVid-19 Infection Survey

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

18 hours ago, Raphus said:

60% of Thais against international tourism.

Well, if the government follow the advice of the populous (if true). Then the country has just signed its economic death warrant.

Excellent news, a shift away from mass tourism to having to do some real business... ohhh I forgot that means a healthy economy... Lol

• Like 1