Consumers warned on safety of kitchen appliances sold online

snoop1130

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

All new houses.

If you're lucky and somchai the master electrician hasn't been there. Ours is 6 years old, built to "euro" spec and yet when I checked, three sockets had the ground wire just hanging in the air and one was not connected at the junction box. Better check, never, ever trust Thai electricians.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wont buy electric appliances on line any more, most with 3 core cable have a euro 3 pin plug and recently i got a rice cooker on line, you know that metal pot you put water in, came with a 2 pin plug, i can not even find a decent 3 pin plug in Thailand or online to change them, only those rubber ones that a; wont clamp down on the cable. b; when removing the plug the rubber pulls of. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Some German made Bosch appliances as well. 

Indeed Doc' .. my sister bought a Bosch washing machine early 90's that cost a fortune at the time alongside yer Hotpoints , Candy's etc .. serviced once a year by Bosch sending an engineer on service contract .. it was still working perfectly and silently up until 4 yrs ago when they sold the house with the buyer happy to have it as part of the fixture and fittings deal .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

IMHO the UK plug is better because it is also fused.

regards worgeordie

And carries a 3rd grounding wire ~ Green and Yellow ~ that is correctly earthed through the water piping or to a Copper Ground spike.

Also, only qualified Electricians are allowed by Law to undertake any works that are needed.

A Thai ~ Tradesman ~ well, rice farmer with an idea to make extra money

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

Should've ask him to put a couple Two Way Switches for some lights, Simple but impossible for a Claytons Electrician

I wanted that in the bedroom for the ceiling centre light. One switch at the door and one near the bedhead. I just gave up when I saw the look on his face.

????????

• Like 1

Ref.  Le Cuisson . I have an identical one. (SMARTHOME ..Baht 399 Tesco ) The blades stand in, fill with veg etc, place the lid on, stand the motor on top to drive the blade shaft, press down on motor top and the blades rotate.  Depress top of the motor, motor stops, blades stop, remove motor ,remove lid, lift out very sharp blades . Empty contents. Simple . The blades stop as soon as you lift the motor away. I clean mine by replacing the blade spindle, add some water and a squirt of washing up liquid, replace the lid and attach the motor, spin for a few seconds, and empty as before. Rinse blades , lid and bowl under the tap. No need to touch the blades.. Do not wash in the dishwasher or the lid will distort with the hot water !! 

blend.jpg

23 hours ago, CGW said:

An article I can agree with! i bought a blender from Lazada, good quality, cost ~7,000 Baht, plugged it in for the first time and there was a huge "Bang"! it was 110 volts, there was no mention of this in any of the sales bumf! Lazada refunded cost!

I ordered a blender from Lazada a couple of weeks ago for my wife. She chose it and I ordered it and paid for it, 1,790 baht and the following week I saw the exact same model in Makro at the same price. The only difference was that it was delivered to my door by Kerry and ifI had bought it at Makro I would have to carry it myself. My wife is happy with it anyway.

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I ordered a blender from Lazada a couple of weeks ago for my wife. She chose it and I ordered it and paid for it, 1,790 baht and the following week I saw the exact same model in Makro at the same price. The only difference was that it was delivered to my door by Kerry and ifI had bought it at Makro I would have to carry it myself. My wife is happy with it anyway.

The blender I ordered as a replacement was about 1,200 Baht, the super duper high quality industrial 7,000 baht one was reduced from ??? some ridiculously high price, my thinking at the time was to buy a good one that will last my lifetime, we use a blender a lot, cheaper ones usually only last about 18 months!

But alas, my investment literally blew up in my face & I near soiled my pants ???? 

AS below, if you are struggling to believe price.

image.png.e0044fe307128f2d9f6500db9e0ffab5.png

image.png.b0040dff04603d5dd8910b6897f48c73.png

Edited by CGW
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CGW said:

The blender I ordered as a replacement was about 1,200 Baht, the super duper high quality industrial 7,000 baht one was reduced from ??? some ridiculously high price, my thinking at the time was to buy a good one that will last my lifetime, we use a blender a lot, cheaper ones usually only last about 18 months!

But alas, my investment literally blew up in my face & I near soiled my pants ???? 

I would have done the same but I would have followed through. Nasty stuff is electricity. It is always looking for a way to bite me. ????

21 minutes ago, CGW said:

AS below, if you are struggling to believe price.

image.png.e0044fe307128f2d9f6500db9e0ffab5.png

image.png.b0040dff04603d5dd8910b6897f48c73.png

I have a Ninja, but I ordered it from Amazon UK back in 2019 when DHL didn't require a passport snatcher to come due to Thai customs. Works great, but the sound must be at least 180dB. Wakes the dead. I paid £126.28 including taxes, customs and delivery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LZNEYXB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Not available anymore and DHL would send a passport snatcher.

I would not be surprised if the seller in Lazada was selling factory returns. It's full of all sorts of scammers now. 

Edited by DrTuner

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

but the sound must be at least 180dB.

Bet mine was noisier! albeit for an incredibly brief period in it's functioning life! ????

You obviously got the 220v version! 

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

I wanted that in the bedroom for the ceiling centre light. One switch at the door and one near the bedhead. I just gave up when I saw the look on his face.

????????

You should've given Him a Drawing ,But he may not be able to Read a Drawing/a Plan. 

download.png.c4d367caae6044215fe682bb0d161a09.png

Edited by digger70

9 hours ago, ravip said:

Miele is in Thailand too.

You have to be extra careful with western brands in Thailand. Most are made in China/Thailand and are garbage, not the same items you get in west. F.ex. Häfele's locks that are sold in HomePro etc have tolerances the Soviets would have balked at (And in there it was about half of Siberia, minimum), go to their showroom and it's "have to order special", ie. EU made.

Only reliable option would be to order from Europe, but guess what: The revenge of the passport snatchers, courtesy of Thai customs is ready to get on your case. 

• Like 1