Time to apply for 1st extension of stay...couple of questions

Hi, what with all uncertainty regards an extension of the current visa amnesty, difficulty leaving and reentering Thailand etc I feel it's time to go down the extension of stay route.

Currently legally married to a Thai wife, here on the amnesty after my non-o(m) ran out last month.

What I intend to do is apply for a 60 day extension on 26th or 27th July. I will transfer the required 400k bht into my Thai bank account in the next couple of weeks.

So when is the best time to apply for the extension of stay towards the end of the 60 days?

If anyone has done their extension at Kanchanaburi Immigration I'd be grateful to learn of the requirements there...anything not on the usual list for instance?

Thanks for reading.

Don't you need the money in the bank for 2 months when applying for a one year extension, and you need to apply 15 days before the permission of stay expires?

If I'm correct about this: You need the money in your bank on 16th July at latest, if you then apply on 31st for the 60 day extension you would have just enough time. You better transfer the money in a bit earlier in case there is any delay, i would suggest right now.

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

and you need to apply 15 days before the permission of stay expires?

No such requirement - that is for change of visa entry to non immigrant.  You can apply for extension of stay on last day.