BANGKOK
snoop1130

Student Kan hands pros a lesson at Bt1.4m Hua Hin tournament

Student Kan hands pros a lesson at Bt1.4m Hua Hin tournament

By THE NATION

800_ac11fc3698bab92.jpg

Kan Bunnabodee

Despite finishing with a double bogey, 18-year-old amateur Kan Bunnabodee conquered her rivals in the final round of the Bt1.4-million Singha-SAT Championship, earning a two-shot victory at the Royal Golf Course in Hua Hin.

The US-based student carded an even-par 72 which featured five birdies along with dropped shots on the second and final holes, to claim her maiden title with a total six-under-par 210.

The tournament is the second round of the 2020 Thai LPGA Tour, which was suspended for several months due to Covid-19.

“To be honest, I came here not expecting to finish with this score at this course,” said the overwhelmed Kan after her breakthrough win as an amateur on the pro circuit.

“I’m so excited and delighted to have a title of my own,” said the teenager, who had to settle for a silver medal at last year's SEA Games in the Philippines.

“There’s a lot less pressure playing for myself. In the SEA Games I felt so much pressure representing my country,” added Kan, who plans to turn professional once she completes her degree at Purdue University in Indiana.

Her amateur status meant Kan wasn't eligible for the Bt168,000 winner’s cheque, which went to Chorphaka Jaengkit who followed two shots behind with a four-under-par 212.

A stroke behind in lone third was Chiang Mai-based Chalisa Limpipolpaibul, who carded a three-day total of 213.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/sport/30391092?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-10

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Despite finishing with a double bogey, 18-year-old amateur Kan Bunnabodee conquered her rivals in the final round

Something not to turn your nose up at.

• Haha 1

What a wonderful student athlete and person. Some of the most remarkable people from Thailand I have met are US University educated. Why is she wearing rubber gloves but kisses the trophy? 

That  matters not anyway there is basically no covid-19 in Thailand 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

What a wonderful student athlete and person. Some of the most remarkable people from Thailand I have met are US University educated. Why is she wearing rubber gloves but kisses the trophy? 

That  matters not anyway there is basically no covid-19 in Thailand

So why mention it?

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

13 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Why is she wearing rubber gloves but kisses the trophy? 

US educated (as you said) thus following Trump's (don't give a damn) approach to covid-19

• Sad 1