Changing from non O extension to a non B

Hi all, my 60 day extension expires tomorrow, I had a non O family visa from Savannakhet, extended for 60 days.

I have a work permit and temporary teaching permit from Krusapa, but I don't have the funds to extend a non O internally and my salary is not high enough to extend on working. Im aware that I can extend based on teaching, but to do this I have been told by local immigration I need to exit the country get a temporary stamp and do my non b here or go to Savannakhet and get a non b. 

I know the amnesty is until the end of the month, but even then Im not gonna have the money to quarantine and my school won't be very happy with it. Kinda ridiculous having to quarantine baring in mind I only need to go out and come straight back in. Any ideas

If your salary is at least 40k baht per month, you should be able to use this for your extension to stay with your wife. There is no need for 400k in the bank (though immigration prefer that) or for income to come from overseas. Which immigration office are you dealing with? What is your nationality?

24 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If your salary is at least 40k baht per month, you should be able to use this for your extension to stay with your wife. There is no need for 400k in the bank (though immigration prefer that) or for income to come from overseas. Which immigration office are you dealing with? What is your nationality?

Don't have that

1 hour ago, nicelee808 said:

Im aware that I can extend based on teaching, but to do this I have been told by local immigration I need to exit the country get a temporary stamp and do my non b here or go to Savannakhet and get a non b. 

According to Immigation Law, you can get a non-imm based extension if you are already here non a non-imm stay (which you are).  The problem is, most IOs won't do it unless you use an agent - and it doesn't come cheap.

Edited by JackThompson

1 minute ago, JackThompson said:

According to Immigation Law, you can get a non-imm based extension if you are already here non a non-imm stay (which you are).  The problem is, most IOs won't do it unless you use an agent - and it doesn't come cheap.

Yeah. Been told that before. And yeah Immigration refused to change from Non O to Extension based on teaching

• Like 1

I have been told that I should be allowed to extend from my Non O to an extension based on teaching but local immigration said to get an extension based on teaching need a non B first. But now with the covid and quarantine. A bit impossible for me. So I will either have to go back to England or refuse to leave. Go to court maybe fight my case on human rights. Lol. No jobs in England family will starve with out my salary here

Edited by nicelee808
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, nicelee808 said:

Seems a bit strange why can't just get a non B internally

You can but you have to be on a visa exempt or tourist visa.

You can apply for an extension of stay based upon teaching with a non-o visa entry. That does not change it to a non-b visa entry.

I was in your shoes once. About non-o and non-b. The reason why you cannot change it to non-b is because your entry is not for working but family matters. You can work with non-o but they think you will extend it or likewise. I know its funny. but... amazing thailand. 

The best thing you can do is.. wait for the end of july, go to Savanakhet and get another non-o. Not non-b. why? it happened to many of my friends. Most likely school will not keep you long time. I mean 1 or 2 years. After that you have to leave the country in 24 hours if you have non-b but if you have non-o you dont need to leave the country and look for another job. Also when you leave to get a new visa at savanakhet, they wont give you another TR visa. it happened to one of my friends at my company.

good luck

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can but you have to be on a visa exempt or tourist visa.

You can apply for an extension of stay based upon teaching with a non-o visa entry. That does not change it to a non-b visa entry.

Yeah we spoke about it. Went to Ubon immigration to do exactly that and they said no, told me gotta go out get a stamp and get non b.

40 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

I was in your shoes once. About non-o and non-b. The reason why you cannot change it to non-b is because your entry is not for working but family matters. You can work with non-o but they think you will extend it or likewise. I know its funny. but... amazing thailand. 

The best thing you can do is.. wait for the end of july, go to Savanakhet and get another non-o. Not non-b. why? it happened to many of my friends. Most likely school will not keep you long time. I mean 1 or 2 years. After that you have to leave the country in 24 hours if you have non-b but if you have non-o you dont need to leave the country and look for another job. Also when you leave to get a new visa at savanakhet, they wont give you another TR visa. it happened to one of my friends at my company.

good luck

Go to Savannakhet is an option but I only need to get a temporary stamp to apply for non b internally. So literally out and back in. But it's the quarantine that I will have to do. So quarantine to go out and quarantine to get back in.

2 minutes ago, nicelee808 said:

Go to Savannakhet is an option but I only need to get a temporary stamp to apply for non b internally. So literally out and back in. But it's the quarantine that I will have to do. So quarantine to go out and quarantine to get back in.

Yes i understand. Thats what i hate too. But think like this, you can tell your school that you have to do this and can teach online from hotel. Students can use the school computer like 5 student to 1 com. just bring your books and things you think you will need with you to the hotel in laos and thailand.

in this matter, i think if your coming from a safe country like thailand and laos and if you have covid free certificate.. you should be free to enter without any problem. Because you have work permit, family... and your not covid. Im sure they will do something about this.

Edited by problemfarang

22 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Yes i understand. Thats what i hate too. But think like this, you can tell your school that you have to do this and can teach online from hotel. Students can use the school computer like 5 student to 1 com. just bring your books and things you think you will need with you to the hotel in laos and thailand.

in this matter, i think if your coming from a safe country like thailand and laos and if you have covid free certificate.. you should be free to enter without any problem. Because you have work permit, family... and your not covid. Im sure they will do something about this.

Thanks, is there a website to arrange the quarantine. And how does it work go into Laos and they take me to the hotel get cert. Come back and taken to another hotel. What about prices

40 minutes ago, nicelee808 said:

Thanks, is there a website to arrange the quarantine. And how does it work go into Laos and they take me to the hotel get cert. Come back and taken to another hotel. What about prices

That is not possible now. The border crossings are closed. You cannot leave Thailand now to enter Laos.

Hello Members,

I really need help, I have been laid of in May 2020 and my visa and workpermit expired and cancelled by the employer. I don't want to go back to India until the Covid issue subside and the situation get backs to normal with Airline. I got a new job recently, but understood that within one week only it could be renewed. As it is not done the only way is to return to India and get a non-B which is almost impossible as all embassies are closed there. Back-door way some agents asked me 100K baht for each person to renew it. Due to this implications my prospective employer gave up the hope and decided to put my candidature down. Now I am jobless and amnesty is going to end on 31 July. And under-deep-mental-stress. Can I get a volunteer or some other visa to stay in Thailand. I really do't want to travel with repatriation flight and expose my family to Covid affected areas. In India also, the commute is not started to reach to my home town. Much appreciated for your help in this regard.

With Regards