BANGKOK
nkptai

Arrived in BKK on July 8, 2020 with COE

A requirement for a repatriation flight is a non immigrant visa ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Which Thai embassy did you go to?  Was it in HK? (just seen it was Guangzhou)

Which insurance company did you use for the required medical cover?

Edited by rvaviator
  • Confused 1

To clarify a couple of points. You had to do 2 Covid tests at different times and it appears from the price differential,2 different types -one with the initial application and the more expensive RT-PCR test just prior to leaving? 
I,m not clear if the flight you took was simply a confirmation of the unpaid for reservation you made yourself or one offered to you via the embassy? Most airlines ,say from UK are either booked and paid for (confirmed)flights  or nothing. I ask because I have a confirmed return BA flight on September 7th from uk based on a February outbound flight which I’d obviously like to use...if it even goes/not cancelled! 
Thanks for the clarity of your post and as you say ,although involved,it was a relative smooth process. Others are reporting more difficulties from other countries. Maybe China is a more favourable embarkation in many respects,especially the testing regime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

Well it was certainly a very involved process even though it went to plan. Other applications from different countries will be more difficult,especially in relation to getting tests on demand,and whose embassies will not be so efficient Or cooperative . For many I can envisage a single glitch expensively sabotaging the process.

Agreed.

This successful case quite similar with another HK citizen case (with Thai family here) who arrived at BKK alone few days ago. Listened the interview in YouTube.

Beside the application requirements, $$ and local medical support, it might greatly depends on local embassy helpfulness and the numbers of citizen who waiting for the available repatriate flights. 

• Like 1