Arrived in BKK on July 8, 2020 with COE

1 hour ago, bolt said:

you need to do these steps, 

(1)  Declaration Form
(2) Copy of passport of the non-Thai national married to the Thai national / children of the Thai national
(3)  Copy of spouse’s Thai passport / parent’s Thai passport
(4) Proof of relationship with Thai nationals, such as a copy of marriage certificate or birth certificate.
(5) A copy of valid health insurance covering all expenditures of medical treatment, including COVID-19 with the minimum coverage of 100,000 USD. 

once approved, you can proceed to book ASQ hotel, but not before, so don't book any hotel just yet, or even flight ticket.

Any idea if there are hotels that will let me book first and I will pay with cash once I arrive?

1 hour ago, bkkniko said:

Any idea if there are hotels that will let me book first and I will pay with cash once I arrive?

I am at Kinn Hotel, and they would not issue a booking confirmation until they had confirmed receipt of a 30% deposit paid in advance.  They requested 70% paid at check-in.  Since the ASQ hotels seem to be in high demand, doubtful that any would issue the required booking confirmation without advance cash payment. 

4 hours ago, bolt said:

once approved, you can proceed to book ASQ hotel, but not before, so don't book any hotel just yet, or even flight ticket.

This line  should be highlighted on every related document and entry guide.

Do not book the hotel/flight until specifically been told to do so by the embassy/consulate!

You're not qualified to enter until you're given a clear permission by them to go ahead and proceed with bookings.

The Hotel rooms are now (the more affordable ones in particular) are fully booked well into August!

But there is no repatriation flight schedule issued for that month yet and those flights can not be booked!!!

Then who's booking those hotels?

That's what the embassies are wondering now.

My guess is that lots of people are not fully aware of the process and just go online, book the supposedly available August flights (bogus ones since they don't take passengers on board) and then proceed with the Hotel bookings, jamming the system and making it nearly impossible to get an affordable ASQ Hotel booking for those who have actually been approved to do so.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, unheard said:

This line  should be highlighted on every related document and entry guide.

Do not book the hotel/flight until specifically been told to do so by the embassy/consulate!

You're not qualified to enter until you're given a clear permission by them to go ahead and proceed with bookings.

The Hotel rooms are now (the more affordable ones in particular) are fully booked well into August!

But there is no repatriation flight schedule issued for that month yet and those flights can not be booked!!!

Then who's booking those hotels?

That's what the embassies are wondering now.

My guess is that lots of people are not fully aware of the process and just go online, book the supposedly available August flights (bogus ones since they don't take passengers on board) and then proceed with the Hotel bookings, jamming the system and making it nearly impossible to get an affordable ASQ Hotel booking for those who have actually been approved to do so.

Most airlines are offering flights to Thailand in August, but the travel ban is still in place, they’re being sneaky asking people to book and bear in mind it down to individual governments terms and conditions.

Some Expats believe, if they can book a flight the country MUST be open for travel.

As far I’m aware its still only repatriation flight s just now, and they cannot be booked individually, they must be booked using Embassies.

So my advice is same as yours, DON’T BOOK anything until Approval is given from your Thai Embassy of your residence

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2020 at 8:00 PM, bolt said:

Some Expats believe, if they can book a flight the country MUST be open for travel.

Month after month airlines make those flights available for booking being fully aware that they won't be allowed to fly passengers in.

A very misleading practice that creates all kinds of problems for those who are not fully informed.

A very sneaky practice but not illegal.

Edited by unheard

9 hours ago, unheard said:

Month after month airlines make those flights available for booking being fully aware that they won't be allowed to fly passengers in.

A very misleading practice that creates all kinds of problems for those who are not fully informed.

A very sneaky practice but not illegal.

my local Thai embassy will forward to me how to book my flight, my COE will be issued next week, and I'm on the flight list for August 7th 

I'll update ASAP

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 7:21 PM, bolt said:

my local Thai embassy will forward to me how to book my flight, my COE will be issued next week, and I'm on the flight list for August 7th 

I'll update ASAP

I sent e-mails to the travel booking agents that are listed on the LA Thai Consulate's website to arrange repatriation tickets.  They ALL said no flights are yet scheduled for August.  Those responses came in Tuesday AM PDT July 21.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I sent e-mails to the travel booking agents that are listed on the LA Thai Consulate's website to arrange repatriation tickets.  They ALL said no flights are yet scheduled for August.  Those responses came in Tuesday AM PDT July 21.

I don’t exactly how its working, but it appears to be all flights are blocked, and the embassy has pre booked the seats.

For example, I’m scheduled to fly on the 7th, the airline website says no available flights, the embassy said they’ll ask me to collect my COE and then give details how to book the flight

Once I know more I’ll post ASAP