Covid-19 insurance to enter Thailand

starky

Does anyone know any companies that offer this 100 000 dollars Covid-19 insurance that is currently required by the government to re-enter Thailand? Thanks.

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

Are the lack of responses an indication of how many people are coming? ????

Anyway,  I would contact your embassy or Thai embassy or health insurer and ask.

Otherwise, hopefully you can get and answer I am sure there are policies, but most that I have seen require you to live in Thailand when the policy is written.  Certainly won´t help those who are not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Are the lack of responses an indication of how many people are coming? ????

Anyway,  I would contact your embassy or Thai embassy or health insurer and ask.

Otherwise, hopefully you can get and answer I am sure there are policies, but most that I have seen require you to live in Thailand when the policy is written.  Certainly won´t help those who are not.

Yeah it all sounds difficult to me. Have been sent a few red herrings. In discussion with my private health insurer. Not positive anyone is actually willing to cover pandemics lol. And most helpfully the Thai consulate in Perth still remains closed.

I wonder exactly what the Thai authorities at Immigration actually need to see on arrival in respect of COVID-19 Insurance.I note that returning PRs are required to show COVID 19 insurance cover.

I'm sure I'm not alone in having a good health insurance policy from a well known international company which provides full cover for hospitalisation. However I don't know if this by itself would satisfy the Thai authorities since there's no specific reference to COVID 19 (though it would definitely be covered)

Just hypothetical at the moment  but it would be interesting to know.

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

I wonder exactly what the Thai authorities at Immigration actually need to see on arrival in respect of COVID-19 Insurance.I note that returning PRs are required to show COVID 19 insurance cover.

I'm sure I'm not alone in having a good health insurance policy from a well known international company which provides full cover for hospitalisation. However I don't know if this by itself would satisfy the Thai authorities since there's no specific reference to COVID 19 (though it would definitely be covered)

Just hypothetical at the moment  but it would be interesting to know.

Indeed, i got a good insurance from ACS too with far higher cover then needed for COVID. Probably its not good enough as the authorities would have to check the insurance. Maybe if our insurers could give out a letter stating COVID is included or something like that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Indeed, i got a good insurance from ACS too with far higher cover then needed for COVID. Probably its not good enough as the authorities would have to check the insurance. Maybe if our insurers could give out a letter stating COVID is included or something like that. 

Yes I was thinking along the same lines. i.e. that our insurance provider could provide an appropriate side letter that would satisfy the Thai authorities.To be honest I'm not that hopeful not because the insurance providers want to be unhelpful but because their internal procedures would require lengthy analysis/legal opinions etc etc.

I have no early plans to travel so hopefully in six months or so it won't be an issue.

9 hours ago, jayboy said:

Yes I was thinking along the same lines. i.e. that our insurance provider could provide an appropriate side letter that would satisfy the Thai authorities.

Same issue here with a well-known company that provides coverage  well in excess of the required minimums but the provider just will not mention Covid-19 in the coverage description.

The only statement they are willing to provide is a general description but unable (prohibited?) from mentioning any particular illness.

12 hours ago, robblok said:

Regency offer this additional letter.