Pattaya: "Very drunk foreigner" crashes into Thai man chatting with a friend

rooster59

1 hour ago, jonclark said:

Thai law.  Apologies for not making that clear enough for you. 

so tell me what the law says about an incident like this, with a temporary guest  in the country, and what the  law says is the punishment applied?  You don't know do you, because nobody on this forum, or any other knows, because there isn't one that is consistently applied, which you should know very well yourself and to which I was alluding, as you also know very well. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

When you have a home outside of town and like to go for a drink at a distance, one has to plan ways of getting home. I was dropped off by my Mrs and she took the vehicle away! I would later use Grab, although in Pattaya taxis can be found without the App. Another solution a neighbour employed, was to have a M/C taxi driver drive his vehicle and him home with another following to return his colleague after... although I think it best not to have any keys in your pocket myself.

I did for a  while call up the Mrs to come get me, but she lost patience with that!

Another idea, book a cheap hotel room. Mrs didn't like that idea much too. Nights out in town will become fewer sadly.

This guy was a fool, and if he is deporeted he has spoiled his own, and likely a partner's, future.

Edited by jacko45k

On 7/11/2020 at 3:24 AM, BritManToo said:

farang is Thai ethnic slur for Caucasians.

They have different slurs for foreign Asians and Africans.

Yes they do, though with my limited Thai, I only know about four. 

If you get bored, here's a good Wiki list of ethnic slurs, very entertaining:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs#S

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 5:04 AM, Chivas said:

Lock him up with maximum sentence jail time and fines and deport persona non grata afterwards.

Too many tossers just drive cars and bikes after boozing and just assume its normal.

2 years in jail and a 500,000 Baht fine should clarify the mind and then full recompense to the injured man

So the same as a local would have to pay?Oops sorry I thought you said 2 days in jail and/or 50 baht fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 3:50 AM, mike787 said:

Now imagine if they had metered taxis and people that respected consequences...would be paradise!

Or, imagine a place that had proper metered where no one had to even consider driving or riding whilst intoxicated, therefore not having to worry about any consequences.