Regarding to NON-O & Savannakhet

Hi guys, Im on non-o multi and its expired (last 90 day entry expired too) not did 60 days family extension and have work permit too. Also my passport valid date will finish in 9 months. Applied for a new passport all ok just waiting for it to arrive to my embassy, which should be in this week.. max wednesday. My wife is coming to nonthaburi for a meeting (yes we cannot live together because of her (she is a high rank government officer, and my job. But of course we are together and notings fake). And go back to khon kaen on sunday. I have some insurance from my company just for covid19 i also have government social security thing which i pay every month and can be seen from my salary slip. But my account department told they dont have that white paper anymore and if i need to use it hospital can check my passport number and can see it. So the paper one i have is already expired. So while shes here i really want to try few things:

1st: will try to apply 1 year non-o extension due to salary. Its probably a no but will try (visa expired). I heard from 2 people on this form that they did even though their visa expired. Can any one write me what do i need to take with me to the IO for non-o extension base on salary? Also please check my list:

- 1 year tax papers. 3 or 4 pages total. 3 pages of something numbers on it (91) and 1 page the yellow slip saying i paid

- Marriage certificates

- Work permit (will expire in september but will be renewed)

- Last month salary slip

- Wife with me & her ID & house book

- anything else?

thanks

2nd: If i cannot make it 1 year, im planning to use my 60 days extension for family visit (i think thats what its called) because i can do this even though my visa expired. Again what docs do i need? please check my list:

- Marriage certificates

- Wife with me & her ID & house book

- anything else?

3rd: If all cannot... there is no way but to go to Savannakhet. Now for Savannakhet things are different as we know. For non-o multi we need 

- Marriage certificates

- Wife ID & house book

But now i think we are going to need few extra things such as covid clear certificate from a hospital not more than 72 hours. Also covid insurance about 100K dollars. How much will it cost me to do that insurance in thailand? and where can i do this? Questions starts here:

- My government insurance is covering this 100K or not? Because im working in thailand with work permit

- not sure if the insurance done from my company for covid19 enough or not. Its not that useless insurance company thing

- do i need another covid free certificate from a laos hospital? How many days does it take back the results? i think few hours?

- when i go to laos, they will put me under 14 days or not, because i have certificate saying im not covid. Same for thailand side another 14 days? I have a home, cant i do self quarantine? 

I mean i was staying in thailand for the last 14 years no covid.. im going to laos a covid free country for 2 days and coming back to thailand again plus i have covid free certificate...

I think this is what will happen:

Nonthaburi IO will say no to my 1 year extension but yes to 60 days. So i will do that because i really dont think amnesty will be another month. and next week is the best time to do so. After 60 days i really think things will be better.. Go to savannakhet do the non-o come back and do 1 year extension...

PS: theres another option. I can go to khon kaen and try there for 1 year extension. I heard they are more helpful about this. But im not staying there any more

well.. thanks for any help or suggestions.. 

Edited by problemfarang

You can cross Savannakhet off your list of options, as Laos borders are still closed to all but a very select few....

dont know about your other options though.

You may be right, and it may be open then, but it is not a given.

Edited by laosnative

Just now, laosnative said:

You can cross Savannakhet off your list of options, as Laos borders are still closed to all but a very select few....

yes i know but they will open borders soon i believe.. im pretty sure they are aware that many people will use land borders also. But thats why i will use my 60 day extension to play safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

1st: will try to apply 1 year non-o extension due to salary. Its probably a no but will try (visa expired). I heard from 2 people on this form that they did even though their visa expired. Can any one write me what do i need to take with me to the IO for non-o extension base on salary? Also please check my list:

- 1 year tax papers. 3 or 4 pages total. 3 pages of something numbers on it (91) and 1 page the yellow slip saying i paid

- Marriage certificates

- Work permit (will expire in september but will be renewed)

- Last month salary slip

- Wife with me & her ID & house book

- anything else?

Add company registration copies and perhaps a few other company documents.

You should be able to get the extension.

There are other things needed as well. My list of general requirements.  Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

• Thanks 2

Here is a successful application at CW recently - if usng income, they treat you like a Non-B, basically, though you are applying based on Thai-family.  So, you need pics at the office, DBD docs (originals only), tax-docs (originals), etc.  I wish he had applied and posted before I tried with what little was reported as needed before:

Edited by JackThompson

4 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Here is a successful application at CW recently - if usng income, they treat you like a Non-B, basically, though you are applying based on Thai-family.  So, you need pics at the office, DBD docs (originals only), tax-docs (originals), etc.  I wish he had applied and posted before I tried with what little was reported as needed before:

thanks for the info. but whats DBD? I have 2 sets of tax paper which i printed out from their website. 1 set is some numbers on it, my name and again numbers. which says 91. its like 3 pages. 2nd set is the yellow slip which says i did pay. that all 2set is DBD? and what do you mean by original? When you go to tax office they do it on the computer and give you printed out copy. only that yellow thing is looks more real. 

thanks

2 hours ago, problemfarang said:

thanks for the info. but whats DBD? I have 2 sets of tax paper which i printed out from their website. 1 set is some numbers on it, my name and again numbers. which says 91. its like 3 pages. 2nd set is the yellow slip which says i did pay. that all 2set is DBD? and what do you mean by original? When you go to tax office they do it on the computer and give you printed out copy. only that yellow thing is looks more real. 

thanks

Nothing from a website will work.  You have have your company get originals of everything from the source-offices.  

"Dept of Business Development" (I think it is) docs must include the pages with the company principles listed - from a DBD office.  You can get them from banks also - 100% valid - but Immigration don't care about "validity" - they care about punishing your employer and you - making things as hard as they possibly can, because they didn't get a thick-envelope of 1000 baht notes.

Same with the tax-docs - must be originals from the tax-office, for the last 3 months (even though the "rule" is 2 months income), stamped and with receipts.   Hope your company didn't take advantage of the covid-deferred payments, or you are out of luck.  Immigration don't respect that decision by the tax-authorities.

Also your contract for employment with salary, pics from the office ... everything listed by in the other fellow's post. 

Edited by JackThompson

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Nothing from a website will work.  You have have your company get originals of everything from the source-offices.  

"Dept of Business Development" (I think it is) docs must include the pages with the company principles listed - from a DBD office.  You can get them from banks also - 100% valid - but Immigration don't care about "validity" - they care about punishing your employer and you - making things as hard as they possibly can, because they didn't get a thick-envelope of 1000 baht notes.

Same with the tax-docs - must be originals from the tax-office, for the last 3 months (even though the "rule" is 2 months income), stamped and with receipts.   Hope your company didn't take advantage of the covid-deferred payments, or you are out of luck.  Immigration don't respect that decision by the tax-authorities.

Also your contract for employment with salary, pics from the office ... everything listed by in the other fellow's post. 

thanks.

But about tax docs. My tax docs are yearly, thats the evidence of your salary also. i dont think need last 2-3 months.. i think its only yearly. So i have yearly tax and also its clearly shown in my salary slip, how much they cut from the salary

6 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

thanks.

But about tax docs. My tax docs are yearly, thats the evidence of your salary also. i dont think need last 2-3 months.. i think its only yearly. So i have yearly tax and also its clearly shown in my salary slip, how much they cut from the salary

Does your company really pay your salary annually? That is highly unusual. Usually, they will pay you monthly and provide you with suitable tax documents (showing, for instance, tax withheld) each time they do so.

14 hours ago, BritTim said:

Does your company really pay your salary annually? That is highly unusual. Usually, they will pay you monthly and provide you with suitable tax documents (showing, for instance, tax withheld) each time they do so.

yes they cut from the salary something like 1500 baht + 500 baht social security + 1200 baht our common investment for the future. I can clearly see these 3 things on the salary slip every month. Also yes they provide us 1 paper and with that paper we go to tax office with someone from the company. Give that 1 paper to officer (nothing more or extra) and she does all on the computer, asking some questions like if im married or not. then she prints 91 tax form (around 3 pages) and another paper saying i paid my tax for the last year. And then we take our yellow tax small paper slip.

Also she tells us how much we will paid back. So far im always right on it but last year i had to pay extra 1200 baht.  

With that printed out 91 (theres no stamp or sign on it) our HR department go to work permit office and i get my work permit in 3 days. This why im kind of surprise why i have to go to tax office again and ask the same paper. Or how can i get some paper showing my last tax payment because im doing it every year in january like all of us. Because she will give me the same paper i can print from revenue web site. No extra stamp or else. We have user ID and password too.

Anyway i will go to nonthaburi IO tomorrow (first IO visit for 4 years now, i never did my TM30 too.) and ask If i can extend my visa for 1 year (its expired. probably no) if they say yes, then what do i need.. i will specifically show that 91 and yellow paper to them and ask if its enough or need another thing from the tax office. Actually i will take all docs with me except what they want from the company and my photos. Also i will tell them i just bought the home like 3-4 months ago and the village still not put the house numbers on. i will take photo of all houses around my street so she can see im telling the truth. Although my plan is to print out the house number make it nice looking and hang on front of the house. lol

If i cannot get 1 year, i will try 60 days which Ubon said no problem with that.

PS: i just remembered that Ubon mentioned me all i need is that 91 form printed out and the copy of that yellow slip. Cant remember which post though, sorry.

thanks

Edited by problemfarang

On 7/11/2020 at 11:19 AM, laosnative said:

You may be right, and it may be open then, but it is not a given.

Can you fly there?

If so, Is the Thai Embassy open presently?

I would like a non-imm O visa.

If it's possible to get one and I fly back to Bangkok, will I have to go through 2 weeks of quarantine?

Anyone know?

17 hours ago, problemfarang said:

I thought you needed the yearly one (if employed for over a year) PLUS the 3 most recent months.  I could be mistaken - but the IO asked for both in my case, was only willing to skip the year, because I had not been working the job for a year. 

3 hours ago, problemfarang said:

With that printed out 91 (theres no stamp or sign on it) our HR department go to work permit office and i get my work permit in 3 days. This why im kind of surprise why i have to go to tax office again and ask the same pape

There is no reason at all Immigration should be asking for it because, as you said, you Have A Work Permit, and for a Non-O/family, you should only have to show your income proof for TWO months (not 3, or a year). 

But, at least at Chiang Wattana, this is not an exercise in finding "the truth" - as I explained above.  You didn't supply the bribe, so they hate you/your company for not playing their corruption game.  They want to make you suffer for that - go to all the agencies again - the tax-forms stamped ONLY by the tax office w/ receipts per each - the DBD (also proven by work-permit) stamped ONLY by the DBD office - etc.

I see you mentioned Nonthaburi - different office, different rules.  YES, go there and get the full list.  Let us know if they will write it down - could help others applying there.  If you are successful, please report what they wanted.  Maybe I will move there, if they are reasonable.

Edited by JackThompson

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

Can you fly there?

If it's possible to get one and I fly back to Bangkok, will I have to go through 2 weeks of quarantine?

Anyone know?

No.  See my reply to you in the other thread here:
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1172407-can-i-leave-thailand-and-come-back-now/?do=findComment&comment=15608269

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Can you fly there?

You cannot enter Laos by land or air at this time. The consulate in Savannakhet is closed for visa services at this time.

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

I thought you needed the yearly one (if employed for over a year) PLUS the 3 most recent months.  I could be mistaken - but the IO asked for both in my case, was only willing to skip the year, because I had not been working the job for a year. 

There is no reason at all Immigration should be asking for it because, as you said, you Have A Work Permit, and for a Non-O/family, you should only have to show your income proof for TWO months (not 3, or a year). 

But, at least at Chiang Wattana, this is not an exercise in finding "the truth" - as I explained above.  You didn't supply the bribe, so they hate you/your company for not playing their corruption game.  They want to make you suffer for that - go to all the agencies again - the tax-forms stamped ONLY by the tax office w/ receipts per each - the DBD (also proven by work-permit) stamped ONLY by the DBD office - etc.

I see you mentioned Nonthaburi - different office, different rules.  YES, go there and get the full list.  Let us know if they will write it down - could help others applying there.  If you are successful, please report what they wanted.  Maybe I will move there, if they are reasonable.

thanks for the info. I will let people know what happened tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Can you fly there?

Anyone know?

Sorry no .......no international flights that would suit your agenda

On 7/11/2020 at 1:02 PM, ubonjoe said:

Add company registration copies and perhaps a few other company documents.

You should be able to get the extension.

There are other things needed as well. My list of general requirements.  Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

How strict is having an income letter from your embassy if you earn the 40k. Can l apply for it electronically or do l have to go in person. I live in Chiang Mai???

9 minutes ago, Expat Brad said:

How strict is having an income letter from your embassy if you earn the 40k.

If you can get one from your embassy they will accept it. They might as for back up proof of your income.

If you cannot get the proof from your embassy you can show transfers from abroad into a Thai bank in your name only.

10 minutes ago, Expat Brad said:

Can l apply for it electronically or do l have to go in person. I live in Chiang Mai???

You can only make a online appointment for the application. You have to do the application in person and your wife has to be with you.