Bangkok: Motorcyclist falls off the Rama 3 bridge - he was gazing at his phone

rooster59

Bangkok: Motorcyclist falls off the Rama 3 bridge - he was gazing at his phone

จยยตกสะพาน.jpg

Image: INN News

Police and rescue services called to an area below the Rama 3 bridge yesterday found the body of a 43 year old motorcyclist called Kiatpong. 

He had fallen 10 meters from the bridge. On the bridge was his Zoomer-X and there was evidence of scraping on the bridge wall. 

He appeared to be a delivery guy as there was a large delivery box on the back of the bike. 

Witnesses saw him fall from the bridge. He was killed instantly. 

Motorcycles are not allowed on that bridge. 

Police later looked at CCTV and saw the rider with one hand on the handlebars and the other holding his phone. 

INN said he was gazing at his phone. 

Police are gathering evidence and witnesses to determine if it was an accident just involving the motorcyclist.

An autopsy is underway at Chula Hospital. 

Source: INN News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-11

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Am pretty sure we passed that incident just after it happened. My brother in law who was driving pointed out the motorcycle on the bridge, telling us 'not allowed'. No sign of the driver - RIP not a good way to go.

3 hours ago, bodga said:

Idiot dont rest  in peace, how  about if he  landed on someone else and  killed them too.Once again phone and no obeyance of road  rules

Thats a bit strong, but I do agree with the point that he could have killed someone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Delivery man - smartphone - Google Maps etc. whilst driving!!

Nothing wrong with that.. I do that too as do many others with a gps. Just stupid to not have a phone mount in the car on the bike. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 2long said:

Well, I hope that you have never made a mistake or broken any laws whatsoever! I have ridden my bike over that bridge several times, and seen many others do it. This poor guy was just trying to do his job as 'time efficiently' as possible, and was probably looking at his phone for delivery information, not to check stocks and shares or how many likes his last lunch picture got on social media.

RIP fellow biker! I hope his family can manage.

????????????

4 hours ago, 2long said:

Well, I hope that you have never made a mistake or broken any laws whatsoever! I have ridden my bike over that bridge several times, and seen many others do it. This poor guy was just trying to do his job as 'time efficiently' as possible, and was probably looking at his phone for delivery information, not to check stocks and shares or how many likes his last lunch picture got on social media.

RIP fellow biker! I hope his family can manage

I'm afraid to share the street with people with your attitude!!

Edited by ujayujay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 2long said:

Well you have obviously the same disregard for the laws of the road as this chap, must increase your chances of joining him shortly hopefully you wont be taking any innocent and decent law abiding citizens with you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Saltire said:

Am pretty sure we passed that incident just after it happened. My brother in law who was driving pointed out the motorcycle on the bridge, telling us 'not allowed'. No sign of the driver - RIP not a good way to go.

you wouldn't see the rider because he was on the other road below you.

6 hours ago, 2long said:

That's No excuse .

Drive/ride No Phone .

Only Idiots use Phone whilst riding /Driving ,,,, sure way to get Killed.

• Like 2

See this idiotic and irresponsible driving behavior all the time, all over the Kingdom. :1zgarz5: Very first thing I stressed until was blue in the face to my GF when she started driving...NEVER ever look at that phone while operating a motor vehicle of any kind. Turn it off while driving. NOTHING is so important that can't wait until safely parked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He appeared to be a delivery guy as there was a large delivery box on the back of the bike. 

A brilliant deduction. They are really on the ball.

Delivery boys use their cell phones to locate customers by GPS. You won't find many delivery boys that don't use their cell phones while delivering.

• Sad 1