Fit to Fly and Covid Insurance - How Does The Thai Government Expect This To Work?

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Good question. I’m assuming its a letter from the Doctor which states I have no Covid-19 symptoms and am ‘Fit to Fly’.... 

fit to fly example here

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/guidelines/G23.pdf

would advise checking with embassy to confirm this is what they are looking for

Edited by vinny41
additional info
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, vinny41 said:
46 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Good question. I’m assuming its a letter from the Doctor which states I have no Covid-19 symptoms and am ‘Fit to Fly’.... 

fit to fly example here

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/guidelines/G23.pdf

would advise checking with embassy to confirm this is what they are looking for

I've seen this one on the Thai Airways website. 

As soon as I get notified that I’m cleared for the CoE I’ll clarify with the Embassy what the Fit to Fly document should consist of or if there is a fixed format. I assume it's down to the discretion of the Minister Councillor who approves the CoE. 

https://www.thaiairways.com/en/news/news_announcement/news_detail/certificate-covid19.page

Medical Certificate_TG.jpg

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I've seen this one on the Thai Airways website. 

As soon as I get notified that I’m cleared for the CoE I’ll clarify with the Embassy what the Fit to Fly document should consist of or if there is a fixed format. I assume it's down to the discretion of the Minister Councillor who approves the CoE. 

https://www.thaiairways.com/en/news/news_announcement/news_detail/certificate-covid19.page

Medical Certificate_TG.jpg

The Thai airways one looks similar to what a cov19 cert looks like, fit to fly documents have been around for a number of years

I have seen people board planes where they have had a butt lift and found it impossible to sit down for a 12 hour flight

13 hours ago, possum1931 said:

That's the Thai government for you, they sit round tables, make rules without thinking if it is even possible to actually obey these rules.

The laid down criteria by the Thai government / immigration was set up to stop incoming tourists or visitors .

Put simply , the new rules on insurance and virus test within 72 hours are all but impossible to achieve and that is why they were introduced by the Thai authorities , to stop people coming into Thailand . Plus of course there are few if any commercial flights flying to Thailand .

Folks with an inquiring mind might be forgiven thinking that with the current requirements to visit here and the possible end of the visa amnesty foreigners are not wanted here . Could it be that Thailand wants to change its image ? 

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fit-2-Fly has nothing to do with CV19 specifically, it's more of a general certificate that says your "Fit to Fly" (Returning Thais have to get one but do not need to do a CV19 test) and have been around for many years. 

These can be got at the airport for when somebody has an obvious injury like has a cast on & hasn't got one from their Dr beforehand OR is taken ill at the airport.

You're Dr should know exactly what's required & best to get one before going to the airport or at least check the procedures for getting one from the airport you're travelling from. 

Incidentally, was it your decision to take the only direct UK-Thailand flight or is it part of the conditions for returning?

Edited by Mike Teavee

15 hours ago, possum1931 said:

That's the Thai government for you, they sit round tables, make rules without thinking if it is even possible to actually obey these rules.

And why exactly would they be interested. 

The queue numbers for Thais awaiting repatriation are reducing so they offer seats to some groups desperate to travel to Thailand.

Making it easy would be an invitation to chaos. Expect things to change when you can get a ticket from an airline and not through the Thai embassy/consulate.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 5:03 PM, spidermike007 said:

The Thai nation is being so overly cautious, they are easentially writing a death certificate for the tourism industry.

The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to get the tourists to come back, once they finally make up their minds that they want tourists to return. Tourism was already in a state of decline before Covid, with bookings, and arrival of quality tourists (people who spend real money here) way down. Now? Millions will be out of work long term. 

IATA has already told govts around the world ,that they will not get people flying anywhere if they have to do 14 day quarantines on arrival .Added Thailand requirements ,$100,000 health insurance policy .etc will stop most tourists coming to Thailand. It will be just easier to go elsewhere for holiday.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, johnjydee said:

IATA has already told govts around the world ,that they will not get people flying anywhere if they have to do 14 day quarantines on arrival .Added Thailand requirements ,$100,000 health insurance policy .etc will stop most tourists coming to Thailand. It will be just easier to go elsewhere for holiday.

Though of course I'd rather not, I'd be willing to do both of those to get back before my extension expires in November.