"Crime explosion in Thailand" claims Thai media as hundreds of suspects arrested guns/grenades/ammo seized in the east

rooster59

14 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

Don't make out any "weapons of war" in the photo. But do seem to be a lot of 'antiques'....

And is that a Johnny Seven at the end of the table ?

image.jpeg.8c5e9b0970cef330f74bc6faf0dc585c.jpeg

Edited by Denim
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The chap at the right rear of the line op looks a real lean, mean, steely eyed dealer of death though! Must have been first dibs at the dressing up box!

If you are that worried about being recognised that you have to wear a balaclava under your tin hat, why not just stand a couple of paces off and avoid being in the photo?

Presumably he is there to stop anyone from pinching these weapons - standing there like a figure 11 target rather guarantees that any would be thief will simply slot him before helping himself to the goodies.

Who would dare attempt to swipe the goods under the noses of the all knowing, ever watchful 'chiefs' taking credit for all the hard work?

11 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

Who would dare attempt to swipe the goods under the noses of the all knowing, ever watchful 'chiefs' taking credit for all the hard work?

Looking at the way that the "chief" in the middle is holding his script, it would take him a couple of minutes to find his "distance glasses" before he would be able to react!

Edited by herfiehandbag

I think this is a case of the bird flying in ever decreasing circles until it flies you know where. The lockdowns are causing massive loss of incomes and ensuing poverty, the poor are then forced to resort to crime to make ends meet and feed their families, causing an increase in the number of police on the the prowl which will definitely cause an increase in public unrest and further downhill spiral. The ONLY solution to this problem is to hit the "Reset" button, in an effort to bring back as many tourists as possible. Let the money flow and allow nature to take it,s course ???? Chas. Darwin Jr.

Edited by phantomfiddler

And if I may ask: How many of these gun-toting criminals turned out to actually be police and/or army officers and/or public officials and/or other assorted bigwigs? After all, 42 of the weapons were registered.

It seems very unusual that common criminals would register their weapons for "engaging in gunfights with police and flagrantly flouting the law in an orgy of violence", as the article puts it.

Edited by Misterwhisper

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

I'm American and what is your problem? This is about Thailand, not America. Or maybe you would deny that. Jesus, plenty of other posts to attack America in... and I would join in perhaps

I think that the poster is saying that although he thinks that Thailand has too many guns, Americans would say that is not the case. I think that he is treating Americans with the exceptionalism that Americans seem to crave. So even when he is trying to be nice by acknowledging your highly likely dissent from his opinion, you still want to be aggressive and say that he is attacking America. Hmmmmm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Emdog said:

I'm American and what is your problem? This is about Thailand, not America. Or maybe you would deny that. Jesus, plenty of other posts to attack America in... and I would join in perhaps

I prefer not to attack America, Trump got his hand on the nuke button. ????

• Haha 1