Sharp jump in Covid-19 cases in state quarantine

rooster59

5 hours ago, puck2 said:

Isn't it strange that only "retournees" cause covid-19 cases here in Thailand, in a country with such low infection cases?!

If you use your logic then you decouver contradictions.

• As far as I know, no normal tourist is allowed to enter Thailand - except diplomats, etc. "12 from Sudan", they all haven't been controlled in their country or airport of departure? The same concerning 1 patient from Bahrain and from the US, too? Unbelivable.
  • Only farangs carried the Covid-19, Thailand, but Thailand has gone 47 days without a domestic case. Incredible. Yes, if you don't test Thais, there are no cases! Trump logic.
  • Yes, I know, the time between the virus-infection and the -discovery takes more than 3 days. Therefore it's possible, that the virus could not yet be detected in the state of departure, but a short time later in Thailand. But, but .. that happened 47 days only in falang cases? Incredible.

For me it seems the military government wants to hide a lot.

agree

16 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Think of the political and economic advantages now and in the future if they can keep up the story that Thailand is somehow magically free of infections.

Nope, can't think of any.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dialemco said:

On one hand politicians say stop mass tourism but only yesterday they signed contracts for a third Bangkok Airport why?

Brown envelopes usually help grease the wheels of contract signing!

5 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Political. Yeah I can think of the benefits for the guys in power. Sure. And I can see them trying to market it in terms of tourism, no?

No. Given the problems they've created for people coming in now and when the whole thing changes it'll take a long time to shake the reputation.

5 hours ago, puck2 said:

Isn't it strange that only "retournees" cause covid-19 cases here in Thailand, in a country with such low infection cases?!

• As far as I know, no normal tourist is allowed to enter Thailand - except diplomats, etc. "12 from Sudan", they all haven't been controlled in their country or airport of departure? The same concerning 1 patient from Bahrain and from the US, too? Unbelivable.
  • Only farangs carried the Covid-19, Thailand, but Thailand has gone 47 days without a domestic case. Incredible. Yes, if you don't test Thais, there are no cases! Trump logic.
  • Yes, I know, the time between the virus-infection and the -discovery takes more than 3 days. Therefore it's possible, that the virus could not yet be detected in the state of departure, but a short time later in Thailand. But, but .. that happened 47 days only in falang cases? Incredible.

Apparently you don't understand what happened. Perhaps translate into French?

4 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

Keep the sheeple scared. Rising CASES.  How many new deaths ? Zero ? 

Hey NO FEAR , some great news from US 

The Herd immunity threshold is now between 10-20% ( was wrongly quoted at around 70%)

Also with COVID 19 being a corona virus , we have been exposed to these before so 81% of the population have good immunity against infection without requiref treatment

The only issue is how do you know how much of the population is asymptomatic if no widespread testing???.

Great article below , positive and NO FEAR

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/news/lockdown-lunacy-2-0-second-wave-not-even-close/?utm_source=salsa&eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=a395f6e2-7587-4568-888d-e952f4666aec

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Think of the political and economic advantages now and in the future if they can keep up the story that Thailand is somehow magically free of infections.

Please enlighten us on what they are.

Thanks

Perhaps the Thai Government are trying to convince their people that all the other countries in the world are unclean and that’s why returnees have Covid and prove to the people we can manage without all the unclean people returning to Thailand.

5 hours ago, Farmerkev said:

Hospital in korat (gov) no longer doing tests, even if you pay. Will only do if you are very ill (at deaths doors) and suspected of having it, maybe..... Found this out by phoning and asking to book appointment as need it for flying. Samitivej in bkk does it 6700baht so booked there day before flight to HK.

Now you know why the rate of COVID infections in Thailand is so miraculously low

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, John CS said:

Hey NO FEAR , some great news from US 

The Herd immunity threshold is now between 10-20% ( was wrongly quoted at around 70%)

Also with COVID 19 being a corona virus , we have been exposed to these before so 81% of the population have good immunity against infection without requiref treatment

The only issue is how do you know how much of the population is asymptomatic if no widespread testing???.

Great article below , positive and NO FEAR

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/news/lockdown-lunacy-2-0-second-wave-not-even-close/?utm_source=salsa&eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=a395f6e2-7587-4568-888d-e952f4666aec

Good article.  Certainly confirms my view that the lockdown was an excessive response.

20 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Please enlighten us on what they are.

Thanks

Here's one: If you were in a position to control that information and you were also in a position to set policy about tourism moving forward (as in trying jumpstart a damaged economy in an uncertain world) and you had a fantasy that tourism could be even a slim approximation of the old normal, you might want to not have other people perceive your country as having about the same rate of cases per million as the countries that are being posted as hit the worst.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

No. Given the problems they've created for people coming in now and when the whole thing changes it'll take a long time to shake the reputation.

Maybe, for sure with me I will be done once I can properly leave. However, the people in power may perceive it that way even of it doesn't work. Also, with the domestic audience, the people in power will be saying look what a great job we have done containing the disease please continue to accept our rule.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Something smells fishy but I have a mask on, so I cannot think!

Best way too be in Los .

Think , like a Thai , not serious , live longer more .

Think too much, same serious , not good ..

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 1

Sooner or later the truth is going to come out. It's unavoidable.

It seems that the government has been gagging hospitals from reporting Covid cases for a long time now and simply turning a totally blind eye to the whole damn thing, hoping it will all go away.

There are only two possible contingencies:
1. The Thai Government is monitoring and recording all domestic infections.
2. The Thai Government is not monitoring and recording any domestic infections.

And with ZERO domestic infections reported in the last 40-odd days, which one are you going to believe?

Don't pull your cash out of banks abroad just yet. Keep it there. In a few month's time when Thailand can't keep lying any longer, it all gets revealed and the baht crashes, then cash-in. That's the only upside to the deception that I can see.

Edited by robsamui
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

The flu vaccine is a joke.

Well here's the joke then, during 2017-2018, flu vaccination prevented an estimated 6.2 million influenza illnesses, 3.2 million influenza-associated medical visits, 91,000 influenza-associated hospitalizations, and 5,700 influenza-associated deaths in the US

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JGV said:

How did these people arrive - by plane, boat, train land border - I thought the borders were sealed

beamed in - just like in the sci-fi movies ....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, puck2 said:

Isn't it strange that 

all increases are in other countries, The USA test more n more people everyday then any other country! The only increase in other countries are the ones that go to the hospital because they feel sick and then OH! they have Covid from days n days ago!, but no deaths.

8 hours ago, puck2 said:

Nobody believes their racist practices and statistics anymore ! The proof is that thais are blacklisted to enter or must undergo quarantine in UK and other EU countries I have read last week.."SOMNAMNA"!

And anyway, that is called "reciprocity" and should be done also with the right to own land for thais abroad!!

Edited by cedel
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well here's the joke then, during 2017-2018, flu vaccination prevented an estimated 6.2 million influenza illnesses, 3.2 million influenza-associated medical visits, 91,000 influenza-associated hospitalizations, and 5,700 influenza-associated deaths in the US

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

Is CDC taking money from private entities with interests?

https://www.ashclinicalnews.org/online-exclusives/cdc-pressed-acknowledge-industry-funding/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

Yet another excuse to ground flights and keep me pinned down in this country.

So it's all your fault, is it - what did you do to cause such an inconvenience to the world? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Is this apart from all the workers testing positive for the virus after leaving Thailand and returning to their own country ? They caught it somewhere - obviously in Thailand ! And if they had it in Thailand, Thais have it in Thailand.

And where are the stats on that?