Battery Drill burning smell. Windings or brushes?

Kenny202

Got a battery drill I have had around 6 years, still very good condition. It's only been used domestically and not very often but when I did use it was pretty hard work for the size of the drill. Probably worked it a bit too hard. Roofing screws etc. Still in great condition and a good brand (Hitachi) but noticed a bit of a burning smell when I use it lately. It isn't labouring or anything, just this electrical smell. Doesn't smell like windings to me. I had a Water blaster was playing up not long ago and gave it to a friend (Elec engineer) to fix if he could and he told me it was only the brushes. Do brushes make a burning smell when they are coming to the end of their life? and out of interest why? As far as I know its just carbon on a copper stator / rotor?

Hitachi Koki Co Ltd , now known as Hikoki Tools since KKR Private Equity Fund bought that tool company in January 2017 has dozens of authorized service centers throughout Thailand. They might stock genuine parts and certainly can check out your Hitachi Tool. The Hitachi demolition tools and petrol concrete saws represent a very good value for such building projects in Thailand. 

Buriram Hitachi Tool Lubrication Female Models.jpg

Buriram Metabo Hitachi Blow Tool Repair Job Technicians.jpg

• Like 1

I'll be there like a shot if the models look like that ???? I like chunky girls. When they did the photo shoot they obviously weren't paying per kilo 5555 Thanks very much for the info

Edited by Kenny202
  • Like 1