Dining in Big C extra

splodger

12 minutes ago, johng said:

I haven't been to that particular Big C   but all the restaurants in Big C South are open..with varying degrees of Covidiocy measures in place ...remember no alcohol between 2pm to 5 pm :crazy:

Thanks

There is nowhere there at which it is worth thinking about eating! Go up the road to Foodland, Toh Phlu in there is very good, and the exercise to get there will not kill you. 

12 hours ago, Grusa said:

There is nowhere there at which it is worth thinking about eating! Go up the road to Foodland, Toh Phlu in there is very good, and the exercise to get there will not kill you. 

It was perhaps the exercise he took to get to Big-CX which sufficed. I am surprised to see the place in Foodland as being recommended, elbow to elbow dining does not suit everyone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It was perhaps the exercise he took to get to Big-CX which sufficed. I am surprised to see the place in Foodland as being recommended, elbow to elbow dining does not suit everyone.

I was there yesterday at midday for the English fish n chips,not busy at all but they,ve stopped the free glass water,maybe that,s the trade off!

29 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I always thought it was crowded in there because the food was pretty good. "Took Lae Dee" is the name of that place inside Foodland. (Not "Took Lady" - unless that's where you took teerak to eat of course.) 
I see a lot of Thais eating there every time I go but even when the place isn't full you are still crammed in there pretty tight. As popular as that place is, it's a bit of a surprise that they haven't expanded it (not a lot of room for expansion there though without giving up some of the limited parking space they have).

(Seems there is another branch in the Terminal 21 Mall as well. Looks larger and less crowded - in the photos at least.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It was the food I was commenting on, not the ambience. Besides, with the "New Normal" elbows are not allowed!

4 hours ago, Olmate said:

I was there yesterday at midday for the English fish n chips,not busy at all but they,ve stopped the free glass water,maybe that,s the trade off!

They still have free water in the food court. I was there last week and someone had brought all their bottles and were busy filling them. The pie shop across the road is the best value around. 

22 hours ago, Grusa said:

It was the food I was commenting on, not the ambience. Besides, with the "New Normal" elbows are not allowed!

You also suggested the guy needed non-lethal exercise. Foodland leaves a bit to be desired, it is a good shop but the access and parking is poor, it is small and sitting eating at a bar has never suited me. 

There always seems to be roadworks around it of late. 

Edited by jacko45k

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You also suggested the guy needed non-lethal exercise. Foodland leaves a bit to be desired, it is a good shop but the access and parking is poor, it is small and sitting eating at a bar has never suited me. 

There always seems to be roadworks around it of late. 

Ate at their Terminal 21 one yesterday, plenty of room and very good service.

On 7/14/2020 at 8:00 AM, Kerryd said:

I always thought it was crowded in there because the food was pretty good. "Took Lae Dee" is the name of that place inside Foodland. (Not "Took Lady" - unless that's where you took teerak to eat of course.) 
I see a lot of Thais eating there every time I go but even when the place isn't full you are still crammed in there pretty tight. As popular as that place is, it's a bit of a surprise that they haven't expanded it (not a lot of room for expansion there though without giving up some of the limited parking space they have).

(Seems there is another branch in the Terminal 21 Mall as well. Looks larger and less crowded - in the photos at least.)

I have been to the T21 branch and it is never too busy for me. The egg and bacon fried rice and the onion soup are pretty decent. Cheap and cheerful.

On 7/14/2020 at 8:00 AM, Kerryd said:

As well as one in the basement of Royal Garden.