Dining in Big C extra

splodger

On 7/14/2020 at 5:33 AM, Wongkitlo said:

The pie shop across the road is the best value around. 

Which pie shop is that?  I'm always willing to try a new source of pies but haven't noticed one opposite Foodland.

21 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

As well as one in the basement of Royal Garden.

I thought that had closed permanently?

5 minutes ago, treetops said:

Which pie shop is that?  I'm always willing to try a new source of pies but haven't noticed one opposite Foodland.

Think he meant the bread n cakes at the entrance as the pie shop.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, treetops said:

49 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Think he meant the bread n cakes at the entrance as the pie shop.

I meant opposite big C.  Has actually just moved but still close. Down the street at the red lights. Is called Neung's Pies. You can find on Facebook. Pies 65 to 75 b. Sausage rolls less. All farung style

On 7/14/2020 at 8:00 AM, Kerryd said:

I always thought it was crowded in there because the food was pretty good. "Took Lae Dee" is the name of that place inside Foodland. (Not "Took Lady" - unless that's where you took teerak to eat of course.) 
I see a lot of Thais eating there every time I go but even when the place isn't full you are still crammed in there pretty tight. As popular as that place is, it's a bit of a surprise that they haven't expanded it (not a lot of room for expansion there though without giving up some of the limited parking space they have).

(Seems there is another branch in the Terminal 21 Mall as well. Looks larger and less crowded - in the photos at least.)

The Terminal 21 Took Lae Dee is large and uncrowded with normal restaurant seating. The Took Lae Dee at Royal Garden Plaza's Foodland is also large.

23 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I meant opposite big C.  Has actually just moved but still close. Down the street at the red lights. Is called Neung's Pies. You can find on Facebook. Pies 65 to 75 b. Sausage rolls less. All farung style

Got you.  I know Neung's and have been in since the recent move.  Good black pudding, bacon etc too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Is it off Klang, I don’t know where?

It moved a few weeks and I have been out of town but I think you cross Pattaya Klang at the lights and go down Soi Aruntai heading south. I think first on left. Their Facebook page will tell you. There is one on the Darkside too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Is it off Klang, I don’t know where?

14 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

It moved a few weeks and I have been out of town but I think you cross Pattaya Klang at the lights and go down Soi Aruntai heading south. I think first on left. Their Facebook page will tell you. There is one on the Darkside too. 

Yes, south on Arunothai and in a small arcade just after the big 711 at the first junction.  Turn in opposite the modern 24 hour laundromat on the right, and it's the second or third unit on your right.  Well signposted.

• Like 1