R.I.P. Jack Charlton

LeungKen

And his brother never spoke to him after an argument in 1966...................English they really do know how to carry it on.

Wonder if his will go to his funeral ....

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

And his brother never spoke to him after an argument in 1966...................English they really do know how to carry it on.

Wonder if his will go to his funeral ....

Maybe to have the last word.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Old Jacks not been too well the last few years with dementia.

I don’t think he’d like how the beautiful game has become dominated by big girls crying over name calling and weak tackles. 

This weekends matches now have a minutes applause for the NHS,

followed by a minutes silence for Jack,

the knee fiasco for the war memorial defacers 

and possibly something to encourage gay footballers to come out.

RIP Jack.

Edited by twocatsmac
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Get your facts right before posting tripe.....they fell out through comments made by Jack about Bobby,s wife,they made up after the passing away of their mother which was quite a long time ago

Peter try to be a little civil.......its not a hugh matter if there has been a mistake made....... I quoted from the Manchester news....I don't know what year you feel they made up--or if the paper is wrong---was it before his book in 2007 -where he was not speaking so well about him?

Jack claimed that there was a clash between Bobby's wife Norma and Cissie which caused the disagreement.

Over a decade later, the pair were still at odds with one another, with Bobby branding Jack at bully, adding that Jack's comments on Norma were "absolutely disgraceful" and "mistaken".

In a book released in 2007, Bobby said: "My wife is a very strong character and does not suffer fools gladly. I am not suggesting my mother was a fool. There was a clash and it just never went away really.

"Jack came out in the newspapers saying things about my wife that were absolutely disgraceful. Nonsense. Ask anybody that ever met my wife: 'hoity-toity' is not a word they'd use. My brother made a big mistake. I don't understand why he did it. He could not possibly have known her and said what he said."

• Sad 2

Jack and Bobby Charlton are legends in football, both of them respected all over the world.

I remember Norway played against Ireland in the World Cup 94, Jack Charlton knew everything about us and our tactics and we could not find a way to beat them.