BANGKOK
JeffersLos

Overseas Income For Marriage Extension?

I work remotely online for a Chinese company.

I was previously paid to a joint Thai bank account, but changed that this month and will now be paid to my own Thai bank account.

My multiple entry Non-Immigrant O visa expired in May this year (along with the permission to stay stamp).

I have a Thai wife and we have a biological Thai child together.

It might be time to go for an annual extension instead of the multiple entry visa.

How many months do you need to show the income (well above 40,000 baht) going in to my Thai bank account?

Is there any issue with it coming from China, and not my home country? What do I need to show them from my bank? Will it just say 'Overseas transfer', or will it list the country? Is that even an issue?

TIA.

• Like 1

Experts such as UJ will know more, but for sure it doesn't matter which country the money comes from. For the first extension 2 months is necessary, but some IOs might ask for 3.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Experts such as UJ will know more, but for sure it doesn't matter which country the money comes from. For the first extension 2 months is necessary, but some IOs might ask for 3.

Thanks.

Good to know that the origin of the funds doesn't matter, only that they are international transfers. 

The second month will be August, so hopefully the amnesty will be extended and a 12 month extension can be given on the Non O visa that expired in May (the final permission of stay wasn't extended) 

• Like 1

Income from another country than your home country should not be problem. But if the want proof of the source of your income that could be a problem.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

and some only accept "a state pension"

That would be strange. I'm a few decades short of pensionable age. 

Does going through an agent usually make things (IO requests) easier? 

We can meet all the requirements, but the only thing may be the source of foreign transfers comes from working remotely for a Chinese company. 

25 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

We can meet all the requirements, but the only thing may be the source of foreign transfers comes from working remotely for a Chinese company. 

.. and you're not supposed to be working without a work permit.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Income from another country than your home country should not be problem. But if the want proof of the source of your income that could be a problem.

What would they consider proof of your income?

14 hours ago, Eibot said:

What would they consider proof of your income?

I responded to a similar question on the SOURCE of the foreign income in another thread.

Here the link >

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1172161-fallen-below-800k-visa-requirement-what-can-i-do/?do=findComment&comment=15607026

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

We've already been to the labor department (remote work for a non-Thai company was non-applicable and 'not under Thai labor law', they said a work permit was neither possible nor needed for online remote work for a non-Thai company), and Thai income tax is paid on the income. We were registered at the tax office and given the personal tax number to officially pay income tax annually.🙂 

But it's all a bit off topic. 🙂  

Actually quite interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AndyPa said:

.. and you're not supposed to be working without a work permit.

He isn't. That only applies if he's working for a Thai company.

14 minutes ago, drbeach said:

He isn't. That only applies if he's working for a Thai company.

I read a while back that a person on a marriage visa could work but limited occupations. Not sure

21 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

I also have/had that 'problem', when it was used to block my proven foreign-income.

It basically makes all requirements go away entirely - financials, home-visits, landlord-docs, etc. 

It's not 100% - example, you can't get a retirement-extension if under 50 via agent.  Probably a few other hard-lines that would be too obvious.

It cannot hurt to try with what you have.  The blockers are very office-specific.  I don't know if they have a quota of "agent apps" or some baht-value in bribes to meet, or it is just that different officies draw different lines of what cases go into the "agent-money only" stack.  Different offices seem to be allowed to "improvise" based on their captive-audience base.

19 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

We were registered at the tax office and given the personal tax number to officially pay income tax annually.🙂

But it's all a bit off topic. 🙂  

Maybe not, actually.  You might be able to use your tax-receipts as part of income-proof backup.  Again, though, it depends what your office wants, and what the district-signoff person wants.