Overseas Income For Marriage Extension?

4 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

If CM IO say no, walk across the road to the agency in the big Spa building, show them your documents etc, they can go to their go-to IO and could perhaps do it, I think the fee is 7,000 baht, pay after there's confirmation from the IO to them that they can. 

Cheaper than a visa run plus new visa etc. 

If they can do a Non-O based on family for 7K, that would be amazing.  Usually, only the "law firm" types (35K+ Baht) can do Non-O-Family 1-year extensions - but cannot hurt to ask.

Edited by JackThompson

22 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Let us know how you get on, I'm pretty much in the exact same boat (in CM).

Will need to do 60 days before amnesty ends, then season the money and apply for the 12 months within the 60 day period. (This is the first month of seasoning the funds) I'm hoping the amnesty will be extended to either make  seasoning a bit longer, or to N/A the need for the 60 day extension if the amnesty is extended by a month or two.

Currently on an Expired multiple entry Non O and permission to stay stamp.

Hi, some good news for you.

You are NOT in the same boat as DumbFalang.

DF already used his 60-day extension of stay, but from what you wrote that is not the case for you.  When you apply for the 60-day extension end of July (before the Amnesty expires) it will provide you with an extension of stay till end of September.  And that will give you sufficient time to season the funds (2 months required) for your 90-day Non Imm O application, which you can do till very last day of the permission to stay your 60-day extension provided you.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

If they can do a Non-O based on family for 7K, that would be amazing.  Usually, only the "law firm" types (35K+ Baht) can do Non-O-Family 1-year extensions - but cannot hurt to ask.

Actually, have just been in contact with them.

500 baht consulation fee to go through all the documents and possibilities etc.

(deducted from any charge for any service fee later on) The service for a 12 month extension based on family is 7,900 baht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Nonsense. His source of income is Outside Thailand, not within its borders.

Actually, it's a mixture of that, and that it is completely remote, done online, without Thailand or any Thais being involved.

If it was income for outside Thailand for doing work involving Thailand and/or Thais, then it would have been required. 

But that's another thread, as it's off-topic on this one. 

Edited by JeffersLos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi, some good news for you.

You are NOT in the same boat as DumbFalang.

DF already used his 60-day extension of stay, but from what you wrote that is not the case for you.  When you apply for the 60-day extension end of July (before the Amnesty expires) it will provide you with an extension of stay till end of September.  And that will give you sufficient time to season the funds (2 months required) for your 90-day Non Imm O application, which you can do till very last day of the permission to stay your 60-day extension provided you.

@JeffersLos

Forgot to mention that you need to enquire at your local IO whether they would accept your application for the 60-day extension.  Every 'normal' IO would do it, but there are some rogue ones (like Nonthaburi) that don't accept it, because you being on an Amnesty extension.

If you know in advance that they will not accept it, you will still have time to relocate to a more accomodating province.  You wouldn't even have to relocate physically, but it would require a rental contract and doing your TM30 (or TM27) at that new IO first, after which you can apply for the 60-day extension of stay. 

Note > After having inquired at your local IO, do share the outcome on this thread. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

Actually, have just been in contact with them.

500 baht consulation fee to go through all the documents and possibilities etc.

(deducted from any charge for any service fee later on) The service for a 12 month extension based on family is 7,900 baht.

Is this for a normal 'Legwork' service, or does it also involve fixing the requirements that the applicant cannot meet. 

I presume from the relatively low fee that it is the regular, fully legitimate legwork service.  The 7,900 THB would be too small to cover the 'brown envelopes' to turn a blind eye on the requirements that need to be overlooked, for the local and divisional IO officer

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Is this for a normal 'Legwork' service, or does it also involve fixing the requirements that the applicant cannot meet. 

I presume from the relatively low fee that it is the regular, fully legitimate legwork service.  The 7,900 THB would be too small to cover the 'brown envelopes' to turn a blind eye on the requirements that need to be overlooked, for the local and divisional IO officer

I would like to know the details, also.  I am guessing this doesn't include faking financials, but maybe has enough envelope-thickness to avoid the ridiculous blockers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I don't know, haven't done it yet.

Another agency/helper asked if I have a letter from the embassy re: my foreign income.

Is a letter from one's embassy showing one's income into Thailand a requirement in CM, for an extension based on marriage using the monthly income route?

Surely a Thai bank statement showing 'International Transfer' or whatever on every month's transfer shows that you have overseas income coming into Thailand.

But okay, if the Chiang Mai IO needs a letter from your embassy stating something about your monthly international transfers... but your income is sent from China to Thailand, neither of which have any connection to your country or embassy, how does that work. The mind boggles 55. 

9 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Is a letter from one's embassy showing one's income into Thailand a requirement in CM, for an extension based on marriage using the monthly income route?

Only if you embassy will issue one. It they do immigration prefers them instead of monthly transfers.

Some offices have denied the transfers if you are from a country that issues them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Another agency/helper asked if I have a letter from the embassy re: my foreign income.

The IO regulation that an Immigration officer has the discretionary power to demand that you also need to show evidence of the SOURCE of the foreign monthly income, is a virtual Sword of Damocles hanging over the heads of all those using the monthly income transfer method or the Embassy issued monthly income statement.

Some examples of what this means in practice:

- Some IOs insist that when using the monthly-income transfer method, that you do not only have to prove the foreign origin of that monthly income but also provide evidence that the SOURCE is from a steady stream of foreign monthly income, e.g. pension, dividends, rental income, etc.

- Some IOs ONLY accept a pension statement as SOURCE of such foreign income

- Some IOs even insist that that pension statement is accompanied by an Embassy issued statement that certifies that the pension statement is genuine

- When their IO imposes any of the above, citizens of USA, UK and Australia are effectively banned from using the monthly-income transfer method, because their Embassies do not issue statements anymore

- As UJ stated already: IOs generally prefer that you make use of the Embassy issued foreign  income statement, as it is less 'work' for them to check that you met the financial requirements than having to go through the bank evidence of your monthly income transfers

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Only if you embassy will issue one. It they do immigration prefers them instead of monthly transfers.

Some offices have denied the transfers if you are from a country that issues them.

Thanks.

Is there a list of countries Embassies that do and don't issue them?

5 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Is there a list of countries Embassies that do and don't issue them?

The US, UK and Australia Embassies do not issue Affidavits or certified income-statements anymore.

I don't have full list but I do know:

- The German and Netherlands Embassy, do issue an Embassy certified foreign income statement, but you would need to provide evidence of such foreign income to get it.

- The Belgian Embassy does issue an Affidavit - it is a Form filled in by yourself in which you state 'on honor' your foreign income, and it needs to be signed in the presence of the Embassy staff by yourself.  It does not require any evidence to be shown, and the Embassy sign-off simply confirms that it was indeed you who made the statement in their presence.

- The Austrian Consulate in Pattaya, does issue certified income statements, for citizens of Austria, Germany, Belgium and some other countries.  You need to provide evidence of your foreign income to get it.

>> Would be helpful if TVF members could add to the above about their country. 

• Like 1

I just checked, and my embassy does offer the income letter, but it needs to show 6 months of transfers (yes, 6 months) and be on official company headed paper etc. 

So it looks like going through an agency that can work around things will be required 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 3:24 PM, JeffersLos said:

So it looks like going through an agency that can work around things will be required 

I've recently been told a 12 month extension can be gotten for 30,000 baht, plus 500 baht per 90 day report, and another was 35,000 baht with free 90 day reports.