Non Immigration O visa extension

I have been traveling to Thai for a number of years now, on a Non Immigration O visa based on marriage to a Thai.

I have always stayed for the permitted 90 days, which suited us fine.

My Multi Entry Visa expires 5 November 2020. With the Covid 19 crisis I can now only get a flight to Thailand on 1 September.

This means I will only be able to visit for approx. 64 days. 

Is it possible I can get an extension of 30 days or so? I have never needed to apply for any extensions so do not know

any procedures, or even if it is possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you.

I am not sure if you will easily be able to enter Thailand on September 1st. At this time it requires a certificate of entry issued by a  embassy and to apply for it has a lot of requirements.

You will get the normal 90 days you have been getting when your enter the country. Your visas expiration date is only the last day you can use it for entry to get a new 90 day entry.

If you want to stay longer than 90 days your can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 12:11 PM, ubonjoe said:

I am not sure if you will easily be able to enter Thailand on September 1st. At this time it requires a certificate of entry issued by a  embassy and to apply for it has a lot of requirements.

You will get the normal 90 days you have been getting when your enter the country. Your visas expiration date is only the last day you can use it for entry to get a new 90 day entry.

If you want to stay longer than 90 days your can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

Thank you ubonjoe, I always understood that expiry date was the last day I could be in the country with that visa. Silly me.

If you are correct that means I can re-book my flight back to S.A for 90 days after the 2 September? 

I booked the flight through Emirates who advised that as I am married to a Thai national all was in order and no restrictions at that time. I have since read that Thailand require a negative Covid 19 test certificate to allow entry to the country If they require a certificate of entry, as you indicate, it will probably be a problem. So wait and see, as per.

Many thanks.