Bose Headphone Ear Pad Replacements In BKK?

OliverKlozerof

I imagine some generic versions of these are available in town...anyone know where? I also guess some original Bose ones might be available, but pricey, when generic ones would be plenty good enough. Sukhumvit area, or close, best. Thx 

earpads amazon.jpg

earpads lazada.jpg

Edited by OliverKlozerof

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

did you try lazada, Shopee or Aliexpress

Yes...the first pic above I got off amazon. The second pic I got off lazada. I've bought some things from lazada before and it's been all good. But 1) the second pic above from lazada look kind of cheaper than the amazon ones. And some were priced at only 84 baht for the pair. I wondered if shipping cost would be about the same as the price of the ear pads, which seemed a bit sad. (I know that's a bit illogical.) So, 2) I thought that probably some local shops stocked them and I could go see them in person, and maybe have the shop person install them for me. (Plus, I need a little excursion.) ???? 
(BTW, I'm prejudice again Shopee. My reason is perhaps silly, but I freaking couldn't stand the amount of advertising they did at Phrom Phong BTS station when they were launching. they had bought and paid for basically every inch of the station: orange ticket wickets, giant orange screen in front of wickets, stair risers walking to platform all orange ads, and just about everywhere else was orange. I understand that businesses need to advertise, but that was completely gross/tasteless over-the-top overkill IMO. ???? )

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

Just got some from Lazada via China, Bht 153 delivered, took 7 days. Fitting 5 minutes, there is a video on You Tube.

However they are the same sh..ty plastic as originals. There are some lambskin ones for Bht 700 which I shall try next time = in six months.

And can anyone explain how this could happen, the covering on the body has expanded and will not push back into the slots. BOSE have agreed to replace the phones which are 15 months old, £180. but only via my UK address and when they get the faulty ones back. I asked if mine were the only pair in the entire World which have suffered this problem = no comment!

Yeah I saw them on lazada for like 84 baht. Plus shipping 153 baht I suppose. So I suppose I could do that.
But right: The ear pads they put on headphones these days are comfortable and nice for a coupe months...then they start to disintegrate, and you start seeing black flecks everywhere.

I got replacement pads for my wonderful Sony MDR-7506 studio 'phones a couple years ago from amazon (while I was ordering other stuff I suppose). But instead of the usual fake leather, I got a cloth velour set (see below). Though I mainly use these at home, I think the velour is way preferable to the faux leather...cuz they will never deteriorate into flakes...and never feel sweaty. So, what I'd really like is some similar velour replacement ones for my Bose QC35 Bluetooth 'phones...which I absolutely love, BTW.

Sorry to hear about the warped plastic on your Bose cans. Did they ever get left in the sun or otherwise exposed to heat?

1.jpg.62035105b75476e67a993a30a851c716.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by OliverKlozerof

Whan my first set of earpads disintegrated exactly like yours, I complained and Bose sent me replacement ones as 'a gesture of goodwill' saying the pads are consumables....after 9 months.

Mine have never been out of the house , or in the sun. I only use at night when Mrs ia watching telly. Great sound...sh.t quality.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dddave said:

I also got replacement earpads from a Lazada seller.  Could never get them to seat properly and one constantly fell off.  Became a moot point when the headband gave out.

That's what I was afraid of. Yeah, they look kinda cheap. But maybe before ordering from amazon to be shipped here (with duty, higher price...), maybe I could try the lazada ones. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll be OK....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OliverKlozerof said:

That's what I was afraid of. Yeah, they look kinda cheap. But maybe before ordering from amazon to be shipped here (with duty, higher price...), maybe I could try the lazada ones. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll be OK....

The ones I got from Lazada were EXACTLY the same as the originals, even down to a sticker with the same bar-code. I suspect originals made in factory in China, and someone knocks out a few extra for Lazada,Ali BB, etc. Get them from Bose and they are $22.

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, stouricks said:

The ones I got from Lazada were EXACTLY the same as the originals, even down to a sticker with the same bar-code. I suspect originals made in factory in China, and someone knocks out a few extra for Lazada,Ali BB, etc. Get them from Bose and they are $22.

Good to know. And they looked like the grey donuts in my original post?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got the replacement ear pads for my Bose QC35 headphones today and installed them. (Once removing the old ones, was obvious how to install the new ones. There's a hard lip that you wedge into a groove. But first replace the L and R screens with the new ones provided.) Stouricks was right: These are every bit as good as the originals. 87 baht + 20 shipping from Lazada. Received 12 days after ordering. Pizza cake.

340715108_BoseQC35earpads.thumb.jpg.e7f634a470b34e57edffe26e1316dfa8.jpg

Edited by OliverKlozerof