elite visa

Dave0206

i keep seeing adverts for elite visa only 1 million baht now i see new super duper visa only 2 million plus 20.000 per year. During this pandemic times can these members even enter the country ?

if so do they go to quarantine?

just wondering before i buy 5 for myself and friends (not)

• Haha 1

i could understand if there advertising said are you not allowed to enter thailand?

If you was an elite member you could blah blah blah.

send us you're money then you are in an exclusive club that at moment is excluded from entering

• Like 1

An elite visa has a misleading name. It's a tourist visa. Great option for under 50 not married etc.

Anyone purchasing an elite as a path way to get on a list such as married guys and PR etc to enter Thailand would be disappointed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the same way that travelling by private jet will not bypass visa requirements, the possession of a Thailand Elite visa will not circumvent measures put in place by Thailand to protect public health. Having money can clear many roadblocks in life, but it is not a fix for every problem. 

• Thanks 1

I do not have that kind of money to waste and if anyone has how in the hell did they accumulate money if they buy this kind of rubbish.?

you are not traveling cattle class if spending this on visa so already got express exit at airport

49 minutes ago, Dave0206 said:

I do not have that kind of money to waste and if anyone has how in the hell did they accumulate money if they buy this kind of rubbish.?

you are not traveling cattle class if spending this on visa so already got express exit at airport

Let me answer this for you as I have the elite visa. When you start "accumulating money" as you say your time is more and more precious. Meaning that you can spend money to save time as your time is more valuable than the money you are paying for certain things.

In my case it's cheaper for me to get the elite visa than any other kind of visa. This might sound atrocious to someone who has a free visa, but that free visa came with strings attached like visits to the immigration, documentation, re-entry permits, long queues at the airport to enter the country and get a taxi and so on.

When I paid for my elite visa it took me no more than 5 minutes of my time, when I arrive or leave Thailand my chauffeur is ready, I go directly through the diplomatic entry/exit, I check in at the business counter even when I have an eco ticket at the airport in Thailand, no questions asked when I come or go anywhere. Just big smiles. Never a visit to the immigration in the last 5 years. I travel in an out of Thailand at least 10 times a year, for me it was worth it to pay for the elite visa and I'm sure that many other people feel the same. Now I'm just 34 years old, if I was 50 or more maybe I would have opted for another kind of visa, but for under 50s it's not such a bad deal. Only issue is the driving license that has to be renewed every 2 years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

Let me answer this for you as I have the elite visa. When you start "accumulating money" as you say your time is more and more precious. Meaning that you can spend money to save time as your time is more valuable than the money you are paying for certain things.

In my case it's cheaper for me to get the elite visa than any other kind of visa. This might sound atrocious to someone who has a free visa, but that free visa came with strings attached like visits to the immigration, documentation, re-entry permits, long queues at the airport to enter the country and get a taxi and so on.

When I paid for my elite visa it took me no more than 5 minutes of my time, when I arrive or leave Thailand my chauffeur is ready, I go directly through the diplomatic entry/exit, I check in at the business counter even when I have an eco ticket at the airport in Thailand, no questions asked when I come or go anywhere. Just big smiles. Never a visit to the immigration in the last 5 years. I travel in an out of Thailand at least 10 times a year, for me it was worth it to pay for the elite visa and I'm sure that many other people feel the same. Now I'm just 34 years old, if I was 50 or more maybe I would have opted for another kind of visa, but for under 50s it's not such a bad deal. Only issue is the driving license that has to be renewed every 2 years.

Indeed, my "Thai Wife" extensions cost me about 1 day a year. But I got that time to spare. And had I left Thailand in March I would have now a freebie return option for this outrageous waste of time. Option any Elite visa would be looking for in vain.