Is Samet Open

corkman

1 hour ago, Ireland32 said:

I would avoid China Virus in Rayong , they don’t know where that Egyptian went 

They do know where he went but won't tell anyone. National security or an excuse to lock the whole city down.

He went to the two shoppping malls and a hotel. We know which ones;) Over 20km and a boat ride away from Samet so you should be ok!

Bars are not open yet. Everything else is as of the 1st. Could change this week as everybody is paranoid here right now!

@Sametboy2019 am I correct to assume you are in Samet now? I plan on coming down with GF and a friend + wife. As long as we can get a few beach side beers, and something decent to eat (well, the usual Samet food), then we'll be happy. If Naga bar is open, we'd stop by for a look but if not we won't be cancelling. Although we have now postponed until next month - not out of fear of the virus (really, I think it is nill) but because I know the place will be dead. So hopefully in 4 weeks time, people will be over the panic and there will be enough people to justify places opening.

It would be nice to see the fire show at Ploy Talay, but I guess that's not going to be open?

12 hours ago, corkman said:

@Sametboy2019 am I correct to assume you are in Samet now? I plan on coming down with GF and a friend + wife. As long as we can get a few beach side beers, and something decent to eat (well, the usual Samet food), then we'll be happy. If Naga bar is open, we'd stop by for a look but if not we won't be cancelling. Although we have now postponed until next month - not out of fear of the virus (really, I think it is nill) but because I know the place will be dead. So hopefully in 4 weeks time, people will be over the panic and there will be enough people to justify places opening.

It would be nice to see the fire show at Ploy Talay, but I guess that's not going to be open?

In general it's busy every weekend and quiet weekdays this time of year. 

90percent of bars are closed. Naga, ploy and silversands etc. Only a few small ones open. 

90 % of restaurants are open. On the plus side. No speedboats and jet skis.

10 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

In general it's busy every weekend and quiet weekdays this time of year. 

90percent of bars are closed. Naga, ploy and silversands etc. Only a few small ones open. 

90 % of restaurants are open. On the plus side. No speedboats and jet skis.

Thanks, that's good to know. Nearer the time, i might send you a message to check out where is open, if you don't mind. Rather that walking the length on Sai Kaew in search of a watering hole (although that would take all of 10 minutes 555).

No jet-ski's and speedboats - paradise! Although, does that mean I'll have to get the slow boat across?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm booked to go to Samed next week. Friday. Going to stay at Western end of Sai Kaew. Are the speed boats operational, to drop us on the beach? Or will we have to get the slow boat?

If the slow boat, which I've never used before, will there be long queues? We'll leave bkk about 9am so arrive Ban Phe at 12.00. If big queues, should we get there earlier? Which pier is the best one to go to?

Thanks.