Visa-exempt-entry, then amnesty - Can I get normal 30 day extension?

Interesting question.

I'm in a similar situation, I have a 30-day visa exemption, like you, except I've already used my 1-month extension back in April just before the amnesty (unlucky). So from what I understand, this means that if the amnesty isn't extended, I'm basically screwed and I have to leave. Is that correct?

1 hour ago, Wallabi said:

Interesting question.

I'm in a similar situation, I have a 30-day visa exemption, like you, except I've already used my 1-month extension back in April just before the amnesty (unlucky). So from what I understand, this means that if the amnesty isn't extended, I'm basically screwed and I have to leave. Is that correct?

I'm in a similar situation as yourself but with a 60 day tourist visa, I used a 30 day extension as well as the covid extension (although I didn't have to use that one technically). I'm just waiting for an official announcement from the Thai government regarding the amnesty, but preparing myself to leave just in case.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 5:48 PM, KohKood said:

Sure, but my future options rely on the possibility to get that extension now. I need 30-day-extension to have enough time for the agent thing, as the processing time is 3-4 weeks and for that it's too late already with the current end of amnesty.

Have a good day and thanks for dipping in before hahahah

For sure if you did not use up that 30-day extension yet, you can apply for it and it will be granted.

Obviously it is best to apply in the final days of the Amnesty, as it will be provided from day of application.

In the unlikely case your local IO would not accept it, they would be wrong (it's their province you are applying and they have the final say, so little you can do about that).

But since you are here on a TouristVisa, in that case it would just be a matter of applying at a different IO where they will correctly apply the rules and provide you the 30-day extension of stay you are entitled to.

So nothing to worry about!

22 hours ago, Wallabi said:

Interesting question.

@Benitostacos and @Wallabi and @jonga80

> Unfortunately correct.

Unless you are married to a thai national or have a thai dependant child, which would allow you to apply for the 60-day extension of stay for family reasons.

> There is of course also the possibility that IO will offer the option to apply for a 'special' 30-day extension to at least give some options for those that cannot (yet) return to their home-country and with land-borders closed cannot make a border-run to regularize their Visa situation.  Having experienced IO 'speed of response' during the Non Imm O-A health-insurance debacle end of October, it's possible that such an option would only be announced last-minute (or not).

Edited by Peter Denis