Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

Tried to get a retirement stamp as my Elite Visa expires in 3 weeks time and been told have to leave the country and apply when you come back, that's coming from agents and an IO direct. That might be 6 months or longer away before tourists can come back and with no where to go it will be a case of staying in hotels for weeks or months so may as well reluctantly pay for another elite visa.

 

Question is can you renew an elite visa without having to leave Thailand? I've sent them an email still waiting for a reply guess that will be Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell them what to do with their visas if they can't help renew it 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is your visa expiring or your last one year entry from it that is expiring.

You can stay in the country after your visa expires for as long as your permit to stay is valid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Is your visa expiring or your last one year entry from it that is expiring.

You can stay in the country after your visa expires for as long as your permit to stay is valid.

 

5 year visa expired a year ago but re-entered Thailand just before it expired and got another year, so this is the final year that ends in 3 weeks. My plan was to apply for retirement but having to leave now and not knowing when I'll be able to return due to covid it is going to cost a fortune in hotels in the UK for months.

 

The last thing I need right now is to fork out 500,000 to not have to leave but I'm still unsure even if that option to renew Thailand Elite Visa without leaving the country is possible?

 

Thanks for your reply Joe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chris2020 said:

The last thing I need right now is to fork out 500,000 to not have to leave but I'm still unsure even if that option to renew Thailand Elite Visa without leaving the country is possible?

It can be done without leaving the country. After getting approval and the fee is paid a new visa can be issued at certain immigration offices.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you consider the option to apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa if you are eligible for it?

You can probably still do it now if you act quick, as the application needs to be done when there is still at least 15 days left of your permission to stay.  Some IOs require 23 days, and in that case you are already too late to apply.

If you are interested in that Non Imm O possibility let me know.

But you would need to be either +50 years of age OR married to a thai national or have thai dependant children.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Did you consider the option to apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa if you are eligible for it?

You can probably still do it now if you act quick, as the application needs to be done when there is still at least 15 days left of your permission to stay.  Some IOs require 23 days, and in that case you are already too late to apply.

If you are interested in that Non Imm O possibility let me know.

But you would need to be either +50 years of age OR married to a thai national or have thai dependant children.

Yes of course I'm interested Peter do you know of anyone else that was on PE then changed to 90-day Non Imm O visa without having to leave and come back? And yes over 50, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be no problem applying for a new Thailand Elite membership. However, three weeks is cutting things really fine. It is now the weekend, so I suppose you cannot contact Thailand Elite by phone to check how long a renewed membership would take, but that should be your first order of business Monday morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Did you consider the option to apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa if you are eligible for it?

He cannot do it with a entry from a Thai Elite visa. It has to be a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

He has already tried doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...