'A free man': Trump commutes longtime adviser Roger Stone's prison sentence

rooster59

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Mitt Romney has nailed this perfectly:

“Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president,” 

This corruption isn’t something that only offends ‘Liberals’ it offends people across the political spectrum, but predictably is supported by Trump’s dwindling base who, as we see are more concerned with ‘trolling’ Liberals than they are with the rule of law.

This corruption could only be worse if Stone had publicly made thinly veiled threats demanding a commutation prior to immediately receiving what what he demanded.

Moreover, it is not the one thing Trump desperately needs, ‘a vote winner’, he’ll not gain a single vote for this and undoubtedly will lose many.

There is however a silver lining, Trump’s swift action to do as Stone’s threats demanded tell anyone interested that Stone has ‘the goods’ on Trump.

November can’t come soon enough.

I don't think this will lose him votes.

Trump is clearly banking on his supporters, and they live this. And they will go out and vote, Trump is counting in his opponents not so much: no enthusiasm for Biden, they feel it is in the bank anyway so no need to go out and vote, etc 

That's his only hope, so anything he does is aimed at assuring his supporters.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dundee48 said:

At least Stone is smart enough to wear a mask,what does that even mean?

My take would be that the meaning is he's not a completely selfish person making politics of a common sense science the rest of the world understands like the person who set him free.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Tony M said:

Well, Google is where I found the info <snip>

You seem to know the details, and you haven't said that the "source" is wrong. <Snip>

Now if you let us know the source I'd be happy to let my light shine on it.

• Confused 1

Now do one better Mr. President and allow Jonathan Jay Pollard who is parole now to leave the US and go wherever he wants to go, after serving most of his 30 year sentence let the man go...

• Confused 1