'A free man': Trump commutes longtime adviser Roger Stone's prison sentence

rooster59

18 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

“That's bad enough. The fact that Trump has been using it to shield those who have protected him though and to skirt the punishment of guys who have been tied up in his own scandals, while simultaneously pushing for the prosecution of political rivals or those who had the audacity to follow the law when a whistle was blown on him is an egregious abuse of power. It's out in the open. It's obvious. There's no excuse for it.”

The following people have had their sentences commented by Donald Trump:

1. Sholomon Rubayn.                         Bank Fraud

2. Alice Marie Johnson.                      Narcotics

3. Dwight Hammond                          Arson

4. Steve Hammond.                           Arson

5. Ted Suhl.                                       Bribery

6. Rod Blajoevich.                              Governor of Illinois and we all know the story

7. Judith Negron.                               Fraud

8. Crystal Munoz.                               Narcotics

9. Tyrice NIchole.                               Narcotics

10. Roger Stone.                                 Perjury and Obstruction of Justice

Roger Stone is a definitely former ally.  The others I do not know.  Blajoeivh is a Democrat.  But I see your point.  

You should include the pardons for a good overview.

Some are 'plain' criminals, same as other presidents have commuted/pardoned. But Trump has gone further and is releasing close allies/friends.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will Muller testify under oath and dispelled the Russia hoax that Trump’s WH gave as reason for Stone’s commutation. That will mean Trump obstructed justice. He may not be charged now but will add to his time in orange suit after January. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Will Muller testify under oath and dispelled the Russia hoax that Trump’s WH gave as reason for Stone’s commutation. That will mean Trump obstructed justice. He may not be charged now but will add to his time in orange suit after January. 

Lyndsey Graham is pushing to have Mueller testify. I really believe this will fall into the category of "Be careful what you wish for."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Trump continues down the path of a tone deaf candidate, incapable of evolution and change. This is typical. If it is immoral or the wrong thing to do, he does it. 

He is cascading toward the greatest humiliation of his lifetime. I for one, am looking forward to this with baited breath. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, J Town said:

Lyndsey Graham is pushing to have Mueller testify. I really believe this will fall into the category of "Be careful what you wish for."

LG once said he was done with Muller and don’t wish to hear anything from him (paraphrasing). He is slippery as an eel and a devious character and no one know what his reason for saying that but sure hope Muller will make his day. 

• Haha 1

Ok Trump Pardons so far:

Joe Arpaio.                Contempt of Court Former Sheriff of Maicopa County AZ

Kristian Saucier.         Taking a photo inside of a Classified Location(Submarine)

Scooter Libby.            A blast from the past. An ally of Dick Cheney

Jack Johnson.            A boxer from the early 20th Century

Dinesh S’ouza.           Conservative Commenter and Campaign Finance Violation

Hammond Brothers.   Arson

Michael Behema.        US Army murder of an Iraqi during OIF

Patrick Nolan.            Racketeering

Conrad Black.            Mail Fraud 

Roy McKeever.           Narcotics

John Bubala.            Conversion of Government Property

Chalmer William.      Firearms Theft
Rodney Takumi.        Illegal Gambling Operations

Zay Jefferies.           Sherman Act Violation

Matthew Goldstein.   US Army-Murder

Clint Lorrance.         US Army-Murder during OIF

Angela Stanton.       Auto Theft over State Lines

Ariel Friedler.           Unauthorized of Classified Information

David Safavian.        Perjury

Michel Milken.         Blast from the past.  AKA-The Junk Bond KIng

Paul Pogue.             False Tax Retunr

Bernard Kerik.         Former NYPD Commissioner IRS Violation.  Nanny was an illegal

Ed Debartolo.         Former owner of the San Francisco 49ers I believe he committed wire fraud?

I believe Kerik and D’Souza could be classified as “Close Allies” of the Donald.  I doubt Jack Johnson could care less.  Some of the names from past are interesting but they became irrelevant a long time ago.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Joe Arpaio and Eddie Gallagher were both political pardons by Trump. Stone is the first one related to the investigations against him, but it isn't like he hasn't attempted to put his finger on the scale of all those cases. He certainly did in the Flynn and Manafort cases, as well. I'd expect pardons for both after the election. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

You should include the pardons for a good overview.

Some are 'plain' criminals, same as other presidents have commuted/pardoned. But Trump has gone further and is releasing close allies/friends.

Bill pardoned Roger, both sharing the same last name and from the same mother, 555.

He also pardoned a slew of terrorists. In total, hundreds and hundreds, and trump somewhere around 30 to 40 pardons/commutations in total.

A POTUS can pardon/commute at their discretion it seems, so Stone's commutation while annoying the far left demtards (som nom na) will be forgotten SOON for bigger news and 4 more years of trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardon_controversy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Joe Arpaio and Eddie Gallagher were both political pardons by Trump. Stone is the first one related to the investigations against him, but it isn't like he hasn't attempted to put his finger on the scale of all those cases. He certainly did in the Flynn and Manafort cases, as well. I'd expect pardons for both after the election.”

Flynn and Manafort have not been pardoned. At least not yet.  As for Arpaio and Gallagher what does Donald gain?  Arpaio is old and irrelevant.  Gallagher will retire and fade away.  So far the only “insider” that the Donald has protected with a pardon and/or clemency is Stone.  The implication by some has been that Donald has already protected his allies to keep them quiet? For now I can count only one in 3 and a half years? What the Donald does in the future is not a certainty. As for the election there is a good chance we will see President Biden and his woman of color VP.  In essence the Donald has about 5+ months to protect his friends.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, i84teen said:

Bill pardoned Roger, both sharing the same last name and from the same mother, 555.

He also pardoned a slew of terrorists. In total, hundreds and hundreds, and trump somewhere around 30 to 40 pardons/commutations in total.

A POTUS can pardon/commute at their discretion it seems, so Stone's commutation while annoying the far left demtards (som nom na) will be forgotten SOON for bigger news and 4 more years of trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardon_controversy

And he was heavily criticized for part of his pardons. The Bill Clinton pardon really was about nothing, it was in Clinton's case more the number of pardons than the persons pardoned.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And he was heavily criticized for part of his pardons. The Bill Clinton pardon really was about nothing, it was in Clinton's case more the number of pardons than the persons pardoned.

Here ya are, its called quid pro quo

Dem clinties should be in orange suits, maybe soon.

https://spectator.org/clintons-pardons/

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, i84teen said:

Here ya are, its called quid pro quo

Dem clinties should be in orange suits, maybe soon.

https://spectator.org/clintons-pardons/

I reacted to his pardons, posting this in response makes no sense. But I presume you want to make an imaginary point with unproven allegations.

Edited by stevenl
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

I reacted to his pardons, posting this in response makes no sense. But I presume you want to make an imaginary point with unproven allegations.

bwaaaa HAAAA, you made a funny.

Point has been made, u just missed it, not my problem u are falling more behind.

Ahh, another good point, never leave your buddies behind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, i84teen said:

bwaaaa HAAAA, you made a funny.

Point has been made, u just missed it, not my problem u are falling more behind.

Ahh, another good point, never leave your buddies behind.

Now read my post and you'll see I didn't miss anything.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t know what the founding fathers had in mind except to ensure Checks and Balances between the three branches of government.  I don’t know what Donald will or will not do.  I did not vote for him and at this point I do not know if I can vote for Biden as well.  But a lot the speculative comments about the Donald are not true.  Maybe he is the most crooked president in history?  Maybe he is not.  I don’t own a MAGA hat but I have benefited from the strong economy before the pandemic.  The voters will decidin 100 or so days.  This is how it should be.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Where was the outrage when Obama commuted sentence of convicted terrorist Oscar Rivera?

Lopez was considered a top leader of the Armed Forces of National Liberation, or FALN, an ultranationalist Puerto Rican group that claimed responsibility for more than 100 bombings of government buildings, department stores, banks and restaurants in New York, Chicago, Washington and Puerto Rico during the 1970s and early 1980s. Obama commuted his sentence in January 2017.

Obama holds the record for the Largest single-day use of the clemency power, granting 330 commutations on January 19, 2017, his Last full day in office.

Obama also issued more commutations than the Past 13 Presidents combined! 1,715 were commutations (including 504 LIFE Sentences) and 212 were pardons.

Obama had exercised his constitutional power to grant pardons and commutations to 1,927 individuals convicted of federal crimes.

Clinton pardoned the largest tax cheat in us history, Marc Rich.

Let's not forget the convicted terrorist that Bill Clinton commuted the sentence of...who now helps to operate Black Lives Matter.

Definition of hypocrisy = Democrats whining & crying but doing the same thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MyTHaiMyKe said:

Where was the outrage when Obama commuted sentence of convicted terrorist Oscar Rivera?

Lopez was considered a top leader of the Armed Forces of National Liberation, or FALN, an ultranationalist Puerto Rican group that claimed responsibility for more than 100 bombings of government buildings, department stores, banks and restaurants in New York, Chicago, Washington and Puerto Rico during the 1970s and early 1980s. Obama commuted his sentence in January 2017.

Obama holds the record for the Largest single-day use of the clemency power, granting 330 commutations on January 19, 2017, his Last full day in office.

Obama also issued more commutations than the Past 13 Presidents combined! 1,715 were commutations (including 504 LIFE Sentences) and 212 were pardons.

Obama had exercised his constitutional power to grant pardons and commutations to 1,927 individuals convicted of federal crimes.

Clinton pardoned the largest tax cheat in us history, Marc Rich.

Let's not forget the convicted terrorist that Bill Clinton commuted the sentence of...who now helps to operate Black Lives Matter.

Definition of hypocrisy = Democrats whining & crying but doing the same thing.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, dundee48 said:

Very well put.The level of hypocrisy is mindblowing.

Again, a red herring. I am NOT defending any presidents prior for letting criminals walk. How about we start with this one, take him to task, and go forth with the same on any and all presidents from now on? This was the most egregious act of commuting a sentence ever. Even Nixon knew better than to do this for the folks that did similar in his case. If we can't hold 45 responsible here, then the rule of law is dead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good on Donald Trump, our great white hope, and President of the United States of America, what the justice system and judge did to Roger Stone should be prosecuted as a crime.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Stadtler said:

Good on Donald Trump, our great white hope, and President of the United States of America, what the justice system and judge did to Roger Stone should be prosecuted as a crime.

Well you got the white part right anyway. 

• Like 1